• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shoei Transitions shield

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
Anyone have this? I have always used Dark Smoke tinted shields on my shoei full face helmets. My main concern is will it be a dark as my dark smoke on a sunny day? I will be riding Colorado next week and will probably experience a moderate amount of rain riding. So it would be nice to have the transition shield if it will be dark enough on a sunny day.

Let me know your experience please if you have one.

How much do those cost? That bothered me during the years I used a Shoei Multitec. Night riding was a tad problematic too. I love the snap-down sun visor inside my Nolan.

How much do those cost? That bothered me during the years I used a Shoei Multitec. Night riding was a tad problematic too. I love the snap-down sun visor inside my Nolan.

You had the transition shield? Yes it’s really pricy! Was night riding problems?

Glad my Neotec has the internal drop down visor. I've always wondered why transition tech hasn't become more widespread in motorcycle helmets.

Sorry for the confusion. No, I had a smoky gray face shield. If I had to ride at night, I pretty much just left it open and ate a few June bugs.

Not Shoei, but I have the Bell Transitions shield. In my opinion it does darken enough to use without sunglasses. I would guess it lands about halfway between light smoke and dark smoke.

Maybe we should try to work out a comparison at a M&G?

I have transition glasses and if that shield works like them you will want to avoid tunnels!
They don’t change near as fast as the commercial s.
I have the GT air with the flip down sun shield.
I used to have a electrochromic insert that worked great.

Back