• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a blast, unfortunately I will be riding up in New England that weekend. Have a great time, I will have to keep my eyes open for next year.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Re: TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs

, I would like to humbly offer my services as a leader of dual sport rides for this rally.

I don't know that I will partake in Mike's gracious offer or not but I just wanted to say thanks for doing this.

Confirmed as in. Trailering my KLR and staying at my BIL’s place near Rogers. Advice on tires: currently running TKC80 front and Mitas E-07 rear but will need new shoes by then. Recommendations for new tires and road conditions on this trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed this post, but I got you down now. :rider:

Hey pacman and FJRMike. I missed the group ride last year, but got to go during the Summer with my son. We did all asphalt (he was on a sport bike... "No dirt for you!") and enjoyed it a lot.

With the addition of dirt for this group ride (thank you, FJR!), I'm even more interested. I can't commit yet due to other commitments, but I'm curious about how technical the dirt will be. I don't mind a good challenge on dry(ish) ground, but I despise water crossings. At least the deep ones. I'm a whimp.. For me, deep = deeper than 6-8".
Not to worry.
These dirt rides will not have deep water crossings and will not be single track or too technical..

Majority of it will be dirt and gravel county and forest service roads that are great fun and very scenic!

Btw, that third pic is of a county road where normally you ride about 100 yards on the creek bed!!
70cd098b9395c53bac2658082e8e008b.jpg
4ac0aafdfbf409c7901600dc41c3cdcb.jpg
9dd54758e33ae1c0f12460232c253321.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Woot... That looks fantastic! Thanks for setting the expectations... Now to see if I can uncommit to conflicting commitments.

El Chamiso may be able to tell you something about a secret jeep trail up a mountain that we may have or not have gone up behind a trout hatchery. ;-)

That was a fun jeep trail, and the hatchery was an interesting stop for me. Missouri has four trout parks, and I've fished at the other three many times but hadn't seen Roaring River until Mac led me there.

Tangentially related, I'm embarrassed to say that my current rear tire was too bald to pass inspection this month. But I've ordered a set of Anakee 3s to have put on next week, and I'm looking forward to riding those on this trip.

El_Chamiso / Bob

I'm down to do some off pavement riding. That Creek looks awesome.

I'm out. The weekend of this event collides again this year with a couple of commitments. Maybe next year (my 3rd try) will be the charm.

I would be grateful for dirt GPX tracks you all (plan to) ride. I might get up there sooner than Oct 2019.

Thanks to pacman for organizing and Mike for leading dirt.

Cheers and enjoy

I gotta say.....this thing aint no Tenere
More like an overgrown FJ-09

Late breakfast at the Jane Store in MO on MO90
97c2ebe891eb5d3de730236f79c55d2d.jpg

Retracing MacDaddys route
CR2040 & this... FR1075 near Washburn MO
a59d59adb9dae2d253ff8fc13d9e1c94.jpg

1e2a9c60b92ad44b2454c005fdaf57d1.jpg

Roaring River Fish Hatchery
0588a582af2dade24f8ee95a55ef5d9b.jpg

Huh.....Billy Preston
Will it go round in circles...

Last edited:
Not too many pics today... Covered a lot a ground
Started with breakfast in Berryville at Ozark Cafe
Then some county roads north to 65
Did I mention Denver??? Yeah ..I went thru Denver
North of Omaha on AR14... the cutoff to MO JJ isnt marked very well...sign sez..."local traffic only" Old Springfield Rd is it
MO 125 is still closed near Garrison ...new bridge
MO 125 is still billard table smooth
AR 125 is not
1eb907b66c7999418e720a68a9c19fae.jpg

I was haulin A towards the ferry.... Whew!
They opened the gate for me
ad02014e60a4dc6462ec3696b4e5c43c.jpg

The aftermath of not much tire left on Tue when I started riding... 600 miles later

Last edited:

The aftermath of not much tire left on Tue when I started riding... 600 miles later

I know you had no control over the tires the guy had on the bike when you traded him but just a reminder to the others of what can happen to tires up there on a long weekend. :rider:

I live in Omaha. If I had known you were in the area I would have ridden with you!

Stop in at Charlie's Cafe in Omaha sometime for a good home cooked meal!

I rode Old Springfield Road on my bicycle this morning! :)

Not too many pics today... Covered a lot a ground
Started with breakfast in Berryville at Ozark Cafe
Then some county roads north to 65
Did I mention Denver??? Yeah ..I went thru Denver
North of Omaha on AR14... the cutoff to MO JJ isnt marked very well...sign sez..."local traffic only" Old Springfield Rd is it
MO 125 is still closed near Garrison ...new bridge
MO 125 is still billard table smooth
AR 125 is not
1eb907b66c7999418e720a68a9c19fae.jpg

I was haulin A towards the ferry.... Whew!
They opened the gate for me

Mo 125 and 160 were repaved this spring and are smooth as a baby's butt!!

Last edited:
I'm out. The weekend of this event collides again this year with a couple of commitments. Maybe next year (my 3rd try) will be the charm.

I would be grateful for dirt GPX tracks you all (plan to) ride. I might get up there sooner than Oct 2019.

Thanks to pacman for organizing and Mike for leading dirt.

Cheers and enjoy

Sorry to hear that Randy. Hope you can make it some other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back