• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Sat 9/29/18 @ 9a Keese's w/ 2-Day ride - TARA/SA

Unfortunately a bobcat collided into my front wheel going 30ish mph. Pretty much instant for him. Was somewhere north of Johnson City.
d0d3ee113edb92461316387e54c8b75e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had a great time.
Thank you Sander for organizing and letting me park at your house.
I really enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone.
Hope my stories did not bore you all (quite Bill and Kirk) Ha!!!
Riding in the rain no problem at all. I kind of enjoy it as long my feet stay warm.
Hope to post some pictures soon.

Mike
When PETA called I would not give them your room number. HA!

Last edited:
Unfortunately a bobcat collided into my front wheel going 30ish mph. Pretty much instant for him. Was somewhere north of Johnson City.

Poor kitty, glad you stayed up!

This was definitely the worst part of the ride. Nothing could be done. Beautiful cat.

Breakfast

20180930_082923_zpsslsahd5r.jpg

20180930_082914_zpsqzcohuuo.jpg

We met these two old Adventure riders
at Breakfast.

20180930_085726_zpsmgoafa8p.jpg

The safest place to park at the Motel.

20180929_185312_zpselybfagw.jpg

Cow says "don't even think of peeing around here podner"

20180929_134012_zpsxgceuwyc.jpg

Riding back to Castroville from Bandera 5 million butterflys.
Besides all the ones in the air, the shoulder of the road was covered in live ones resting and dead ones that had been hit.
I have a heck of a clean up job ahead on my gear and bike.
About 11 times one would hit my chest and shoot up into my helmet under my face shield.
Not complaining, would rather be there instead of at my desk at work for sure.

Last edited:
^^^^^
And they taste NOTHING like butter. Found out the hard way.

Mike
When PI TA called I would not give them your room number. HA!

Ha, I was thinking the same

Ps. I missed my 6am wake up because stupid phone :doh: was not on network controlled time therefore the alarm setting has totally whacked. Mystery of technology, probably messed it up when i was fingering it from outside the zip lock bag in the rain storm in kingsland. :shrug:

Some guys get up in the morning and drink coffee (me) some stretch a little, some may even do figure 8’s on the bike to polish the basics. Dannyboy does wheelies across the parking lot.

Sorry no pics, I was busy holding my coffee

Pretty sure that’s pajamas under that riding gear?

4c1050aa39f0014b0e063f92417723ab.jpg

So much for “Cat like reflexes”

QUOTE "Pretty sure that’s pajamas under that riding gear?"

Don't let my riding gear secret out.

Yeah this is the one where we had all that crazy rain in Kingsland last year and it washed out that bridge on the Llano River

Back