• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twisted Sisters

Butterflies....not many in my territory-kerrville, Fredericksburg, Stonewall to Johnson City.

Dragonflies-now that's another story

Glad I read this AFTER we got back:

https://www.looklearnlive.org/route.../?hootPostID=bc869bcac3ee859f7759ccd9a2cbb204

This route had 159 fatal and incapacitating crashes between 2010 – 2017

99% of the crashes occurred along a curve.

90% of crashes were single vehicle crashes.

Many crashes occurred during group motorcycle rides.

11% of motorcyclists did not have a valid motorcycle license.

16% of motorcycle riders were not wearing a helmet

Experience Level 4

Very experienced riders only

Although, there is no drunk pirate metric represented there.
I have a hard time believing the helmetless, lincenseless riders were sober.
I have a hard time not telling at guys who have their girlfriend with them without even basic gear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

0da88c54260afd48c8b71aaca45f8f36.jpg

Last spring, drizzle and light fog for my first trip. And then I happen across this sign [emoji15]

I believe if you look at all the popular motorcycle roads (that attract riders from out of state) you'll see numbers like these. :(

Watch out or that latter group will scowl at you with their Get Back Whips in hand

:eek2:

I have a buddy that I give him so much crap about tassles. A couple times I've gotten him a set of the pasty tassles for strippers and send them to him and tell him his replacement tassles came in. Someone told me that the purpose of the tassles was to help shed rain and I just laughed and shook my head.

I've ridden the TS's a few times and I can see where if someone is riding like a knucklehead they could get hurt or killed. I think the first time I went a little too hot into a corner on my 919 and nearly ate it but after that I just learned that it's more fun to take the road on a slower bike. I've been meaning to get out there on my Hawk and I think this winter is going to be a good time once I finish getting it running. Just got the plates on it today and in the process it started acting up and running foul. I thought about what had changed since last weekend.. soome residue in the tank ruined the gas I put in it, so now I gotta clean that out all the way before I can resume riding it. Working on it now so hopefully it will be good by tomorrow.

Glad I read this AFTER we got back:

https://www.looklearnlive.org/route.../?hootPostID=bc869bcac3ee859f7759ccd9a2cbb204

This route had 159 fatal and incapacitating crashes between 2010 – 2017

99% of the crashes occurred along a curve.

90% of crashes were single vehicle crashes.

Many crashes occurred during group motorcycle rides.

11% of motorcyclists did not have a valid motorcycle license.

16% of motorcycle riders were not wearing a helmet

Experience Level 4

Very experienced riders only

It sounds like what you have described 9f your experience level is probably mine as well. And, we both probably rode these curves too fast . I did have one 9f those moments back at the beginning of this year on one of those almost "u turns" where I skipped over the line. Since then, i know when to say when on the throttle. Nice meeting ya at keeses the other day.

I'm fortunate that I grew up in the area and learned to take it easy because my dad lost a few friends on the roads around there. It is a very scenic tour though, so I try not to get too bothered when the Harley tribes are taking up all the passing space. I know that a lot of those guys will wave you by if they think it is safe so more often than not if they block you it's because traffic won't allow for it, regardless of whether they are the traffic or it's in the other line. :zen:

Back