• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 Africa Twin DCT for sale

Reaction score
2016 Honda Africa Twin with DCT. Purchased 2-21-17. Never been down. First service completed by Honda dealer at 623 miles. Currently 3300 miles.

OEM Honda accessories include, (all installed by dealer)

Center stand
Heated grips
Side Cases & Top Box - all keyed to ignition.
Low Rally seat
AC power adapter

This is a great bike and I love the DCT, however after a trip to Big Bend I learned it does not fit my riding style. :giveup:

$12500 cash

Clean, clear tittle in my name.
Thanks,

IMG_7905_zpsv1raathr.jpg

IMG_7906_zpsycokfcwa.jpg

IMG_7912_zpsg7zs7kuu.jpg

IMG_7911_zpsr0xdaafv.jpg

IMG_7909_zpsakrjnisk.jpg

IMG_7908_zpsxedaqwb4.jpg

Were you in Sanderson on Wednesday at the stripes? I was the guy on the yellow wing if that was you I was talking with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a great bike and I love the DCT, however after a trip to Big Bend I learned it does not fit my riding style. :giveup:

I feel your pain :giveup:
Even though flawless in every way, I too had to sell/trade my Super T after coming back from Big Bend.
It was afterall as exciting to ride, even at triple digit speeds, as is watching 24 hours of static on TV.
I guess, I too enjoy actually getting rider feedback for my bike :rider:

Looks to me like some knobby tires would have made a big difference out in Big Bend. Personally I don`t want to ride out there on a bike I don`t have to haul :eek2:

Looks to me like some knobby tires would have made a big difference out in Big Bend. Personally I don`t want to ride out there on a bike I don`t have to haul :eek2:

Tires make a HUGE difference once you leave the pavement, especially somewhere like Big Bend.

I came to that conclusion and bought the VFR. Sorry it didn't work out!

I have a Wee-Strom and hate riding in the dirt. Love the bike though.

Thanks....yeh I thought this could be the "do it all" only bike in my garage. Even though it is very road capable, if that is what I am going to be doing I might as well stick with my F6B. A couch with wheels :lol2:

That is what the guy I was with kept telling me.

:tab A week ago I was following a guy on a 1200 GSA and another on a KTM 1290. They were on street tires. I was on my 1200 GS with a TKC 80 front and Shinko 805 on the rear. They were slipping and sliding all over the place. Then we got into gravel that had been freshly laid and was about 2-3" deep! They were REALLY fighting the bikes to stay in control. I had to pass them to keep from running over them so I could keep a speed that made it easier. The tires made all the difference in the world. It is even more true if you get into sand/silt!

:tab I started my dirt riding career after nearly 100K miles of street riding experience. It took me a long time to get comfortable with the bike moving around and sliding when riding on the dirt. I still have front end trust issues... It didn't help that I started on an 1150 GS, which weighed in over 600lbs with gas, bags, bash plate, guards, etc,... That made me learn some bad survival habits. I moved to a KLR 650, which was way better, but also had me learning bad habits. Finally, I got a KTM 530. Rather than fighting the bike, I was now working with the bike. I had to unlearn bad coping skills and learn good riding skills. It hasn't always been easy, and too many times it actually hurt! However, it has been a LOT of fun. I find that now when I ride my 1200 GS in dirt, gravel, sand, I have much better control and confidence than I ever had on my 1150 GS or even the KLR. I still don't feel as relaxed and smooth in the dirt as I do on pavement. I am still learning and overcoming commitment issues (the ability to commit in the dirt is VERY important).

:tab I totally get that dirt riding is not for everyone and can easily understand wanting to stick to the street. BUT, if you find that you still have an itch after you sell the AT, my advice would be to look for something like a DRZ400. Small, cheap, and not too heavy, it is a good reliable bike on which to learn proper riding skills. Even something like a Honda CRF230L would be good. I'd even recommend a class like the one UlyBrad teaches. I have done a similar class and have also just learned a TON from other riders. As much as I like my KTM 530 EXC, this weekend I was made to understand that even it is a bit of a pig on sandy forest trails... Now I want a nice light two smoker for trail riding :-P

Thanks for all the good info Scott. My last dual sport riding was TAR 2008 or 07 so it's been a while and I am older. I can ride dirt, but the difference now is all I can think of while I am sliding around is how bad am I going to bust my butt (and how much will the helicopter ride be). I thought I would pick up where I left off, but like I have said it just wasn't that much fun for me.

LOL! I have those same thoughts... Hence my commitment issues ;-)

I fell Friday while riding the trails on my 530. I have ALWAYS been an ATGATT rider. So of course I wasn't wearing my jacket because I got hot and thought, "Well, we aren't riding hard and fast..." :doh: I got a good scrape on my right arm that runs from inside to outside at the elbow. Looks nasty, but is superficial. Still... I should have been wearing the jacket, or at least a long sleeved shirt. I got lucky.

Things just don't heal as fast as the used to and they seem to get torn up much easier than when I was younger.

:tab A week ago I was following a guy on a 1200 GSA and another on a KTM 1290. They were on street tires. I was on my 1200 GS with a TKC 80 front and Shinko 805 on the rear. They were slipping and sliding all over the place. Then we got into gravel that had been freshly laid and was about 2-3" deep! They were REALLY fighting the bikes to stay in control. I had to pass them to keep from running over them so I could keep a speed that made it easier. The tires made all the difference in the world. It is even more true if you get into sand/silt!

:tab I started my dirt riding career after nearly 100K miles of street riding experience. It took me a long time to get comfortable with the bike moving around and sliding when riding on the dirt. I still have front end trust issues... It didn't help that I started on an 1150 GS, which weighed in over 600lbs with gas, bags, bash plate, guards, etc,... That made me learn some bad survival habits. I moved to a KLR 650, which was way better, but also had me learning bad habits. Finally, I got a KTM 530. Rather than fighting the bike, I was now working with the bike. I had to unlearn bad coping skills and learn good riding skills. It hasn't always been easy, and too many times it actually hurt! However, it has been a LOT of fun. I find that now when I ride my 1200 GS in dirt, gravel, sand, I have much better control and confidence than I ever had on my 1150 GS or even the KLR. I still don't feel as relaxed and smooth in the dirt as I do on pavement. I am still learning and overcoming commitment issues (the ability to commit in the dirt is VERY important).

:tab I totally get that dirt riding is not for everyone and can easily understand wanting to stick to the street. BUT, if you find that you still have an itch after you sell the AT, my advice would be to look for something like a DRZ400. Small, cheap, and not too heavy, it is a good reliable bike on which to learn proper riding skills. Even something like a Honda CRF230L would be good. I'd even recommend a class like the one UlyBrad teaches. I have done a similar class and have also just learned a TON from other riders. As much as I like my KTM 530 EXC, this weekend I was made to understand that even it is a bit of a pig on sandy forest trails... Now I want a nice light two smoker for trail riding :-P

I'll echo Scott's comments. I came to dirt biking late after years and years of sport biking. I thought the transition would be easy - heck I ride expert at track days I know what I'm doing. WRONG. Totally different set of skills, but that can be learned.

I just got back from Copper Canyon and did the rode between Batopilas and Urique on a 1200 GS. It was a challenge, but having full knobbies and good suspension made it doable and even fun. I rode the same bike on River Road this weekend at BBNP - easy breezy. Gravel was a bit of a challenge, but I think the weight of the bike actually helped.

All of this to say that when I first start riding dirt I thought it sucked. I thought this is not for me - I'm not wired this way. I am in NO WAY an expert off roader, but I have gotten much, much more comfortable and I have learned that tire choice and tire PRESSURE make a huge difference. Put some kobbies on that bad boy and drop it down to 18 lbs or so and then go ride some dirt roads. Your brain wires will begin to adjust, you will get used to riding with loose traction.

Anyway, don't give up on dirt, it is a learned skill - don't expect it to come right away.

Wow, thought this was the for sale section. Good luck with the sale; that's a sweet bike.

Depends . LOL

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Back