• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Africa Twin debut?

Yes sort of, it tells the computer that the bike is 20 degrees cooler than it is. This tricks the computer into offering up a richer mixture. Thus sweetening up the throttle response and low end power band...or something possibly close to that. I am still in the undecided about putting it in myself category. Sure wish it would have showed up sooner, i had my factory power outlet installed not long ago and they had to remove most all the same fairing bits. Hoping if I drag my feet on doing it, another opportunity may happen where I don't end up messing with it myself. Did I mention I like riding bikes a heck of a lot more than tinkering on bikes...

Boy do I agree with you, much rather ride than wrench.

Donny installing the booster plug is a real PIA. You have to remove all the same bits as the 12 volt and much more. The tank and air box must also come off and the air box is a pain. I also found that it is very easy to put the air box back on and have the rubber boots slip out of the plastic box in an area that you can't see if it happened. I ended up putting a bunch of epoxy around an area to help prevent those from ever slipping out, hard to explained I need to go back and see if I have any pictures of it.

Short answer is if you don't really enjoy wrenching this isn't the project for you. It isn't that technical but it does take a lot of patience.

That is my $0.02 anyway

I love to wrench, experiment, and learn on bikes. Just not my own bike, so if you want help hit me up! lol

New tricolor at Freedom Powersports Fort Worth. Available today, very tempting.

Attachments

• Tricolor2.jpg
    Tricolor2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 241
Oh man that is sexy !!! (Hope my baby didn't hear me say that)

I don't think they changed much / anything did they for 2017?

Oh man that is sexy !!! (Hope my baby didn't hear me say that)

I don't think they changed much / anything did they for 2017?

It is really stunning in person. Wheels are nutz gorgeous. Cheaper to dismount mine and get them anodized I think than buying some. ?

Mine is supposed to be ready this coming week at Russellville. It came it a couple weeks back but was damaged in transit. Last part they need is supposed to be in at the beginning of the week. They have 1 at Stubbs in Houston, but they want about $2k more for it than Russellville.

Mine is supposed to be ready this coming week at Russellville. It came it a couple weeks back but was damaged in transit. Last part they need is supposed to be in at the beginning of the week. They have 1 at Stubbs in Houston, but they want about $2k more for it than Russellville.

Cool, get them to install the 12v while they're at it. Save the headache!

Thanks for the "heads up".

Actually, if you were closer I'd pop over hand help you install it. It's not bad at all once you've done it. I had to pull my apart several times. I forgot to wire the GPS in when I had it off. I remembered once I put the last screw in lol.:doh:

Then once I was done with that I didn't like the electrical tape route I took, so I pulled it all back off and soldered it.

Do it before you install the upper crash bars. I have the GIVI and had to take them off too. PINA! But now I have a GPS and power!:rider: If you find someone in between to host a work day I can meet you there and we can do anyone that wants the power socket.

Just a stupid question, would it be easier to run 1 set of wires to a power block and then tie in the 12v outlet and GPS wiring? I know the 12volt comes with a connector that plugs into the wiring harness. I'll be installing a Garmin Montana GPS mount as well.

Just a stupid question, would it be easier to run 1 set of wires to a power block and then tie in the 12v outlet and GPS wiring? I know the 12volt comes with a connector that plugs into the wiring harness. I'll be installing a Garmin Montana GPS mount as well.
I would and pick one that has enough positions for your future needs as well. 12v outlet, Gps, cell phone, Heated grips/gear, aux lighting, etc. Adds up fast. PC-8 from Eastern Beaver is nice. 6 switched and two constant on power block.

_

FYI, if you haven't already done so, join the AT Facebook page. It's in my sig.

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. Sorry, don't do Facebook.

I'm doing a fly and ride on a new 2016 in a couple weeks.

For those that bought new bikes does the chain stretch much in the first 1200 miles?

Any other issues that might pop up on a new model destined for a 1200 mile trip home?

Thanks

I'm doing a fly and ride on a new 2016 in a couple weeks.

For those that bought new bikes does the chain stretch much in the first 1200 miles?

Any other issues that might pop up on a new model destined for a 1200 mile trip home?

Thanks

I've got alittle over 4000 miles and I haven't had to deal with any issues. One thing I'd suggest doing, go get a good pair of cycling shorts. Then have padding so the seat doesn't hurt as much. That would help with the long daily rides as I think the factory seat is a little stiff after 2 hrs of riding. It's not bad, but I can't wait for someone to come out with a new one.

The chain was fine no abnormal issues and you probably don't have adjusted and 3000 miles certainly check it

My smokes pot a little bit loose but that was mostly because of the hard riding in Colorado off-road

Also think in terms of breaking in the engine the worst thing you can do to a new engine is just running one speed down the highway I really want to very the RPM very the load don't let it idle it into long but running hard I'm not one to baby a new engine

Last bit of advice even though you didn't ask oil changes

My first one was a 200 miles another one at 600 another 1200 then I went on to the normal service interval and had switched to fully synthetic by then The first three were Ruth nine LOL

Sorry I am actually at the ranch burning see your piles right now using Siri to transcribe on my iPhone
I meant to say spokes became a little loose

Curious who is the AT mileage leader here on TWT only? From this thread some of you have had you bikes as long as 15 months. Should be some odometers pushing 20k+ miles.

Any major reoccurring issues?

_

Back