• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mechanics yanking my chain or what....

There are good dealers and bad. There are also good customers and bad. Two things you should do:
- Research. Know the problem, possible resolutions, and as much as you can about TSBs, recalls, etc
- Be nice. No matter how much you know, if you're an *****, no one will ever want to help you. Period. They'll go out of their way to find ways to deny your claim.

I am very impressed by some of the recent posts in this thread. Learning from it and enjoy it very much. As the bikes get more technology and I get older I find some work not as much fun as forty years ago. I have true respect for a knowledgeable and thorough, detailed approach to diagnostics and repairs. I find it is taking more and more homework to find that guy. I don't think I am alone.

Back