• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Abandoned Gas Stations

003-M.jpg

Gober, TX

I'm always amazed how many of these old buildings have flat roofs. It just seems to me they invited leaks with no pitch to create runoff.

I'm always amazed how many of these old buildings have flat roofs. It just seems to me they invited leaks with no pitch to create runoff.

If it's flat enough, water runs off just fine. Basically as long as you don't have dips. The need for a slope is really for ice and snow.

As far as those old flat roofs go, when you got a leak, you would shim up the roof deck in that spot, or shore up the joists, whichever you needed, then just tar the heck out of the spot on top to get rid of the dip.

If I took a picture of everything I wanted to I wouldn't get very far at all.

I drove around Crater Lake, OR, once. Stopped every time I saw something "pretty" or "scenic". Took me several hours and over 200 photo's. That was using 35mm film too.

With old buildings that are in towns close to home I tend to tell myself I'll be back again and take a pic then. Drive by it again at a later time and think the same thing.

Back