• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My old 2005 vstrom with 75k just left Texas for Alaska

Reaction score
Hey,

Just a quick note... did 5weeks dodging storms & riding Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma & ran into Tim Shelfer in Colorado & stayed with Scott in Denver :) will post snaps at some point.

On a bus bound for Mexico now & will be in the desert for about a month before I return.

I finally sold my 2005 vstrom with 75k on it to a great guy from New Zealand on stromtrooper. Picked him up from the airport, we put him up for a night & took him around for supplies. Did title transfer last Monday.

He took off for Alaska then back to LA before flying home. Looks like my ol' girl is still holding up just fine :)

You can follow his trip on ADV here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989768&page=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I missed the strom for sure. She was very good to me for 75,000 miles! The nc700x is a slightly better fit at the moment, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another strom at some point.

skip hunt + austin, texas + skiphuntphoto.com

Back