• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

floor jack info

kenray

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a recommendation where to purchase a floor jack? Need one sometimes to change a tire on my Chevy Silverado or my Nissan Rouge. Thanks for any advice. Kenray in Katy.

Anyone out there have a recommendation where to purchase a floor jack? Need one sometimes to change a tire on my Chevy Silverado or my Nissan Rouge. Thanks for any advice. Kenray in Katy.

Noticed Harbor Freight has their aluminum on sale. The steel ones are too hard to carry. I've had mine for years from HF. It is a rapid pump, I would get the regular aluminum, like 2 ton up. The rapid seems to require more effort.

Sears has a special right now, 3 ton floor jack, two jack stands and a creeper for $99.99.

I have had one for several years, no problem. But they are steel framed.

My 5000lb Craftsman has been up to anything I put it to/under, including changing front tires on a 30' RV (Dodge chassis, 440ci engine). Best I recall, it was <$100 but that was ~20yrs ago.

Edit, having now seen the latest post: Yep, steel, but not too heavy to lug around (and I'm old and no-count).

Last edited:
My 5000lb Craftsman has been up to anything I put it to/under, including changing front tires on a 30' RV (Dodge chassis, 440ci engine). Best I recall, it was <$100 but that was ~20yrs ago.

Edit, having now seen the latest post: Yep, steel, but not too heavy to lug around (and I'm old and no-count).

Yeah they are heavy, everything is heavy at my age, but we can count :lol2:

I have the same on as the sears on lists. Craftsman. Had it like 20 years now. heavy as ****, but I think I actually use the top half of the handle more than the jack. usually as a cheater bar. Jack works for anything I use it for. I wish it had a low profile nose as its tight on my wifes car, but I usually use the drive up ramps on her car.

Back