• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm out of riding for a little while now.

Glad your okay! Sounds like the bike is going to be okay too.

I remember the first time I went down... (I should it wasn't that long ago). Crossing a river, one of those concrete crossings that go through the water, and went sideways on slime in about 4 inches of Little Blanco River.

*EDIT* read more of the thread =)

Last edited:
WOOHOO!!! You'll be back on the road in no time. My valid license plate is on a bike I totaled when it had 550 miles on it. Still rides perfect! Just take your time doing what needs to be done to make it safe first, looks might get some attention later. Mine is getting better looking a little at a time.

People have been hurt way worse falling off a bicycle. Hope you'll get back on soon.

I spilled my eight day old Triumph Tiger back in July. I was banged and bruised up but nothing broken. Knee and foot were swollen for a good while and I was on crutches for a week. Again, I've seen people hurt work falling off a bicycle or tripping in their driveway.

I got back to riding as quickly as I could, a few weeks later albeit a little more gun-shy than I was. I can't even imagine giving up riding. My job is extremely hectic and stressful and nothing unwinds me like the winding road, riding with my buds and eating crappy food in out of the way places.

The one time I had a bad wreck, I never did ride THAT bike again. I sold it and all the psychological scarieness went with the bike.

Remember, horses and aquarium fish are the most dangerous pets. Motorcycles are much safer.

Back