• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda crf450x rear wheel bearing tool

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Ladies and gentlemen, I need to replace the bearings in my rear wheel, there is a large 48nm castellated nut holding in the bearings, the Honda manual states that I need 2 tools 07HMA-KS70100 ($140) and 07710-0010401 ($123). That's $260 for a large wrench which seems excessive, I tried using a pin punch but could not get the nut to move, so I wanted to ask if any of you have found another too, (hopefully cheaper) that allows you to undue that bearing retainer nut?

Regards Gary

No need to purchase anything, If you go to AutoZone they will lend you the tools necessary. What you want is a "Blind hole bearing puller".

Sorry did not realize the retainer nut was there. Yes, Motion Pro is a good source. then use the free tools.

Can you mill a socket of the correct size for it? Maybe with a angle grinder and some files you can make that work. I've know folks have done it for the swing arm removal on street bikes. The motion pro tool looks pretty good though. You might see if Tusk or Cycle gears brand of tools has a knock off for less.

I found the Motion Pro tool for $20 at a local dealer and purchased it, worked a treat!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Gary

Sorry Mike, will be riding that TAT with my wife and daughter at that time!! We started the ride 2 weeks ago with a Swedish friend, but he took a tumble after 4 days and broke his foot, so we had to abandon the ride and go home, now just the 3 of us are going to try again, don't expect any issues, both the wife and daughter ride exceedingly well off road, just expect a few punctures we already had 1 in the first 4 days before our friends get off!! Will think of you!!

Gary

This will only be the second time!! Still prefer the CDR, but the TAT has better boasting rights!! ��

Back