• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sara Skinner

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martinez
gah. I give up. previews fine, and then the forum eats it. works fine everywhere else on the entire internet.

:giveup:

6890827612_6ac2fa5d02_c.jpg

6876770504_ed66afc809_c.jpg

6876771508_1783f0a601_c.jpg

7022873111_986d86c7a2_c.jpg

7033023437_a20c658b34_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What device are you posting from? And where are you hosting links from?

I'm posting from a desktop computer (and it doesn't matter if I use Exploder, Chrome, Firefox, or Opera), and the hosting is from Flickr as it always has been.

If you go here: http://www.pixtus.com/forum/people/163387-sara-skinner.html you'll note that the exact same method works just fine on another vBulletin site (v 3.8.7). It used to work fine here, now it doesn't. Alas, in the interest of time I will likely just blog and then post a link here.

I especially liked how the entry gates were raised with no attendant, and no tickets dispensing but when I left I had to pay $25. Alas, it was $25 well spent!

They are all nice in their own rights IMO.

Yet I prefer #2, #3 and #4.

#2 is just flat out cover material. If only that lightning rod wasn't there and the bump on the ledge, that expression, DOF, and composition just begs for copy all around it for selling whatever she's wearing.

#3 again could be in a magazine for a clothing company. Can I suggest removing the front license plate for any future grill shots? The concept works, but the plate pulls back just a bit.

#4 is in the same boat with #3 with the addition of the non-conforming vehicles in the background. If they were not present or a crop to remove it on the left, man..... these just scream awesome.

Nice job Anthony. Really nice job. :clap:

Heh, thanks Scott. I was uhhh trespassing for #3 and 4, and they did in fact call security on us. Fortunately they only called security, and not the police. I was able to sweet talk my way out of them calling the police and letting me go.

Shot on film or digital?

Beautiful shots. :clap:

First frame is 4x5" Ilford FP4+ pushed to ASA400 in Ilfotec DD-X (1+4), constant agitation in a Jobo tank I had to self-agitate since the motor in the roller gave up the ghost.

Everything else is Kodak Portra 400, easily my favorite color negative film.

First frame is 4x5" Ilford FP4+ pushed to ASA400 in Ilfotec DD-X (1+4), constant agitation in a Jobo tank I had to self-agitate since the motor in the roller gave up the ghost.

Thought they looked a bit, well, film-like. :thumb:

If you don't mind me asking what was your reasoning for pushing FP-4 to 400 instead of using HP-5?

If you don't mind me asking what was your reasoning for pushing FP-4 to 400 instead of using HP-5?

This is an easy one! When I bought my 4x5 camera, FP4+ is what I bought to go with it. Given how expensive 4x5 sheet film is it's all I'll shoot for my first 25 B&W frames, unless someone gives me a box of something else :trust:

I suspected that but was curious nonetheless. FP-4 has always been my favorite. I did a lot of testing with it. I'm just glad to hear of someone creating images the "proper" way.

I just recently tossed about $500 worth of outdated color sheet film including some B&W Agfa but I still have 2-25 sheet boxes of Infrared(4143) dated '92 that haven't been frozen. You'll have to get a #87 filter of course. Most likely age fogged but it's yours if you want to try it.

I suspected that but was curious nonetheless. FP-4 has always been my favorite. I did a lot of testing with it. I'm just glad to hear of someone creating images the "proper" way.

I just recently tossed about $500 worth of outdated color sheet film including some B&W Agfa but I still have 2-25 sheet boxes of Infrared(4143) dated '92 that haven't been frozen. You'll have to get a #87 filter of course. Most likely age fogged but it's yours if you want to try it.

I'm not even capable of turning that down.

:sun:

Back