• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

VC97 digital multimeter

Reaction score
I've been using a VC97 digital multimeter for about a year now & it has been a handy tool. ebbaayy <$30. The robotroom rated it as a good inexpensive meter to have. It has a protective rubber jacket & came w test probes & temp probe. The little manual is poorly written in broken English, but you can figure it out & I was able to download one to my computer. I'm sure the electronics gurus could recommend something better, but all in all I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Its good to be pleased with a new toy. If you need help trying to do something, just ask

Harbor Freight cheapie yellow meter on sale < $5 is my standard meter now...Yes I have some Hi $ meters but for 99% of the time it works for me

Thought Id bring this thread back. Would like to hear which pocket(or other) multimeters riders carry with them on long bike trips.

Actually a test bulb is very useful and takes up little room.
Most of the time you're looking to see if you have juice or not.
For those occasions you need to test continuity you can wire a 9v battery holder with a couple of clips and use it as your source.
Harbor freight has the bulb tester cheep. As mentioned they also have a multimeter but I've not had much luck with longevity under the seat.
image_25469.jpg

Back