• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Waco

Reaction score
Hi, I just found this group, looks pretty cool!

I'm a PhD candidate at Baylor in my mid 30s.
Currently ride a Sportster Superlow and a XR650l. :rider:

I'm thinking of picking up a smaller/midsize adventure bike (something between an xt225 and a drz400) for camping, general knocking about, and bug out vehicle. The XR650 is great and reliable as a hammer, but tall and heavy and doesnt quite fit what I'm looking to do at this point.

I used to race bikes when I was younger, mostly flat track and supermoto, with some roadracing and hare scrambles thrown in. Now I'm just out for fun, and am often one of the slowest guys on rides. I've been hurt enough over the years.

Anyway, I am glad to find this forum and look forward to seeing you guys on the road!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

So PhD in what?

Thanks you guys!

I am working on a PhD in Sociology of Religion, with an emphasis in Statistical Methods. Baylor is one of the top programs in the country for soc of religion and I am really blessed to be here.

I moved here from the west coast and am looking forward to exploring Texas. I've not yet had a chance to get out on a lot of these back roads and have no idea where the good dual sporting is.

Looking forward to getting out, meeting some of you, and checking out the countryside.

Thank you for the warm welcome. :-)

Waco also has a dirt bike park Crooked Creek has some easy to moderate trails

I have a 2008 Yamaha XT250 in great shape with less than 1250 miles if your interested.

Thanks,

Dwyane

I have a 2008 Yamaha XT250 in great shape with less than 1250 miles if your interested.

Thanks,

Dwyane

Dwayne-
What are you trying to get for it? Are you looking for an XR650? I'll need to unload that before I can pick anything else up. Thanks!

Dwayne-

What are you trying to get for it? Are you looking for an XR650? I'll need to unload that before I can pick anything else up. Thanks!

No not looking for anything else. Just don't ride much and I still have another one.

I would take 2000 for it. Firm on thee price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello, back, from Waco. I ride my RT occasionally. I'm counting down the days until my middle son turns 16 and I can ride to work again.

Back