• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill country good Samaritan

eppoh

Reaction score
Great story.. My son needed to take a few days off work after the quarter ended at school, and broke up with girl friend.

Left northern Louisiana, passed through Houston, Austin, and headed for Kerrville.

Not too far out of Kerrville, unknown to him, his wallet fell out of pocket. A woman behind in a car saw it bounce off road, car grill and explode. Money stuck in grill, cards, I.d and stuff flying everywhere. She stopped and picked up everything she could find, including his license. Ofcourse no phone number in wallet, so she searches Facebook, and found him. Later that evening when he was checking into hotel- no wallet, he had a FB, msg on his phone.

She delivered the wallet to him and refused any kind of reward!

Warms the heart! There ar good cagers out there.

Last edited:
That's awesome. Now I know why HD guys have chains. I just use zippered pockets. :D Hopefully he comes up with a better solution than the one he was using because the odds of him running into that type of person twice are pretty low.

Couple of years back, riding from L'back to Sisterdale, I spied a wallet, cards, cash on the left side of the road. I picked it up and turned around. About 5 miles back toward L'back, I see two crotch rocket going SLOW back toward Sisterdale. I honked and held up the wallet. YUP.

Couple of years back, riding from L'back to Sisterdale, I spied a wallet, cards, cash on the left side of the road. I picked it up and turned around. About 5 miles back toward L'back, I see two crotch rocket going SLOW back toward Sisterdale. I honked and held up the wallet. YUP.

Don't know if it's systemic, but he was riding a crotch rocket too, with zippered
pockets, just forgot to zip.

1400 miles in 4 days. :uhoh:

Youth is wasted on the young.

My old man lost his out of his pocket riding a three wheeler on the beach, dummy had about 2 grand in there. A few days later he came home and found it sitting on his porch without a dollar missing, good folks are all around. Blessings sent to that lady!!

Bad feeling - on the road with 2 wheels and no wallet. Happened on the way to Lubbock. Had some quarters in my pockets. Lucky, back then gas was 25 cents a gallon. Still, girlfriend had to pay for weekend.:doh:

Bad feeling - on the road with 2 wheels and no wallet. Happened on the way to Lubbock. Had some quarters in my pockets. Lucky, back then gas was 25 cents a gallon. Still, girlfriend had to pay for weekend.:doh:

Some might have called that good planning :-P :lol2:

Some might have called that good planning :-P :lol2:

Yea, she was my good Samaritan. But pick your Good Samaritans better than I did, she was a poor college kid too.

I still remember coming back I had less than $5 in change in my pocket for gas and about 500 miles to go on my Mach III. I drafted 18 wheelers for better mileage.

A couple o' years ago, I found a billfold, with no drivers license, in my church parking lot. It took some doing, but I was able to find the owner and return it to him with all contents. It turned out, though, that he wasn't a member or a guest at our church - he was somebody who had sneaked onto our property to throw his trash in our dumpster. :doh: Maybe it would have been appropriate to hold out a couple of bucks to cover his part of our dumpster fee. :trust:

Tim, your church did the right thing giving it all back. Very few actions of man are more noble than being forthright to someone who may not deserve it.

I know. It did, at the time, kind of annoy me that not only was he misusing our property, he wasn't particularly nice after I hunted him down and brought his billfold to his home. Nevertheless, you're right - it's the right thing to do. And hats off to the good samaritan who was so good to eppoh's son.

Back