• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings

Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Taylor
Hello to all in the forum. I was looking for a place to get information on dual sport riding in Texas and the search led me here. I have been riding a 2002 Suzuki 1500LC Intruder and got the itch for some dirt roads. The LC handles like a pig on ice when you get off the hard surgace. Several freinds have dual sports of various makes. So, I picked up a lightly used 1983 Honda XL600R and thus the journey begins. I'm an experienced street rider but haven't ridden dirt since 1978. I have decent mechanical skills so the old bike doesn't intimidate too much. She runs good for an old machine just needs some general maintenance and a few new parts. I'm better with tools than I am with the computer. How do I put a picture on here? I'm wanting to find information on the good dual sport rides in Texas. Anyway, that's my story and why I'm here. :flip:

I saw the instructions for pictures. I'll just attach one of my main ride.

Attachments

• Forum Sig.JPG
    Forum Sig.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 105
welcome aboard!! :wave:

there's plenty of folks on here into the DS thing (i'm not. yet) I'm sure they'll be along shortly

Welcome! This is a great place to be. Someday I will have my BSA finished so that I can take it off the hard pavement! I like the ability to be able to go anywhere as well!

83xl600r said:
I saw the instructions for pictures. I'll just attach one of my main ride.
I like the location. When did you go, how long, etc., etc.?

Oh yeah, :welcome:

Welcome to the site :wave:

Lots of DS action going on! Just jump down the list to the DS section of the site and you should find plenty to keep you busy ;-)

The wife and I met her family up there in June '03. I had the bike for just a couple of weeks, we put her on a trailer and did the break in miles riding around the park. It was an awesome 4 days riding. Definately the best way to do the park as if there was any doubt.

Hello Tourmeister. I have been there and it shows some promise. I think I'll do good here. Thanks for riding herd on this bunch. That is a daunting task. I for one appreciate your rules.

Mrs. BritishSteele71, My first big street bike was an '83 GL850. Nice bike. I had to give her up when the first kid came along. Just couldn't strap the car seat on the back. I went 15 years without a two wheel ride. Kids grown and I'm back in the saddle again.

Back