• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Grapevine TX

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Clark
Hey y'all!

New member from Grapevine TX. I currently have a '99 Honda CB 750 Nighthawk. I also have my learner bike, 250 Honda Rebel (for sale)!

I look forward to conversing w/ everyone here. It seems like a great group!

My name is Jeff, I am 27, am a small biz owner. My off work season is coming up, and I plan to do a some long trips on the Nighthawk to Mexico and or Big Bend.

Anyone from Grapevine wanna go for a ride?!?!?! :rider:

Welcome,
How long is your off season? I wouldn't mind a month or so off, but I don't think I could handle not getting paid for that long.

Talk to you later, and have fun riding, I hope you stay warm.

Thanks for the welcome!!! I already feel at home :lol2:

I own 2 landscape companies. I am half off Dec - Feb. This is my first winter riding season.

Considering some heated clothing....

z_clark said:
Considering some heated clothing....

I have done a little bit of riding in the winter and a ton of talking;-) You can bundle up and have limited movement, a windshield, heated clothing or all of the above.

I am biased towards the heated stuff since I don't have it and want it. If your stator can handle the power, you should be able to ride in temps around the mid 20s.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Electrics are sweet! It does not take much to keep you warm. I found that a vest and heated grips worked quite well down into the upper 30's. Below that and I worried more about ice on the roads.

Welcome to the site. You'll find a nice group of folks here even when we don't agree, we are still pretty civil. You can usually find a ride somewhere just keep an eye on the rides section.

2 groups meet throughout the week. N. Dallas crowd meets on Thurs. at Starbucks in Plano and Tarrant Co crowd meets Tues night at various places for dinner. Johnson Co crowd is meeting 1X a month is you want a nice long ride for dinner. Just check the threads to see what is going on. Come out to Fort Worth Tues and join us. We'll even waive the rule where we make the newb buy us all dinner. :doh:

Back