• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

All I wanted was A burger and a Shake...

Reaction score
but unfortunately I put my bike down today for the first time today at the sonic on guadalupe in San Marcos. :-(

I was searching for a spot and apparently overlooked the 6" Hole (NO Exaggeration) in the middle of the drive. I hit the bump and accidently opened the throttle (mistake #1) and then tried to stop myself by grabbing the front brake (mistake #2) and hit the pavement. :oops:

luckily I only got my front fairing scuffed up along with my handlebars and not much else.

As far as my body goes nothing was really hurt but my pride :bigokay:

Sorry to hear about your slip-up. It happens...
At least now its out of the way!

What flavor shake was it? :mrgreen:

Well there's that saying "It's not IF you fall, it's WHEN you fall"....

Glad there wasn't any serious damage, it happens to the best of us...I myself have tested out the roads by falling/dropping the bike 4 or 5 times at various speeds, etc.

Your pride, I find, is what's always the most damaged :oops:

Kim

And it's always more embarrassing to drop it going slow in front of witnesses, like the time I dropped my Voyager at about ½mph in Wendy's. (I don't wanna talk about it :oops: ) But it's best to do it going slow, especially if you can learn something from it.

It's always best to check the surface where there are lots of cars going slow. I'm thinking of oil slicks, but craters come to mind too.

it was actually a vanilla shake to tell the truth.

That and I am glad that I got it out of the way, I was thinking it might be coming someday, but Im glad that it was at a low speed and I just got a couple of bruises.

Man sorry to hear that if you need any help I am just down the road in New Braunfels

Really? I actually live in New Braunfels near Greune, and It looks like that sonic would have been a better choice

My other question is where is centerpoint station?

I do to right over in oakwood on loop 337 just past river road, and Centerpoint Station is across from the Outlet Mall on the service road up in San Marcos

OOOHhh I think ive seen that before. I actually work at the mall there in San Marcos.
In fact that sounds like another good excuse to ride my bike somewhere

00SS05SVS said:
All I wanted was a burger and a shake...but unfortunately I put my bike down...today at the sonic ...I hit the bump...opened the throttle...tried to stop myself by grabbing the front brake...and hit the pavement....front fairing scuffed up along with my handlebars
Squeaky said:
What flavor shake was it?
1051.jpg

For what it's worth........You may have some recourse on the business.......Awhile back I witnessed a corvette knock the drain plug out of it's pan due to a high fill pipe on the gas station drive way......the station owner fixed the pan and oil change.........
If that hole is as deep as you say.......you might be able to talk to the owner and have some recourse.........But you have to go in there firm, and certain their drive was responsible for your mishap..............
Good Luck

When I got my first bike I rode over to AJ Foyt Kawasaki to pick up some accessories. I-45 was under construction and their whole parking lot was gravel. It was also a beautiful day and the dealership was packed and most people were in the front are of the store or on the sidewalk out front. I pulled in and being my first experience with gravel grabbed too much front brake

Dropped the bike going just a few miles per hour in front of about 15-20 people. I was so embarrassed I picked up the bike restarted it and rode away. Never did get whatever I was looking for because I had to spend the money on a new turn signal. Purchased from a different dealer

Be careful but keep in mind most of us have done something similar.

Back