• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin Monthly Meet & Greet

The Facebook event listing for this still shows BWW as the location. Can someone edit it? I'd hate to see people wind up at the wrong place.

I'll put some cones out for the bikes on the East facing side of our new deck if I get a chance to snag them before the hotel guests do. We're real easy to get to if you are coming from the East, North or South.
Coming from the East take Oltorf across I35 and take a right on Live Oak which is just a few feet beyond the Southbound Frontage road, then take the first right into the Best Western lot. Our entrance faces Live Oak, you will have just ridden by the front of the restaurant.
Coming from the South take the Oltorf exit off I35 turn left on Oltorf and follow the directions above. From the North take the Oltorf exit and then pull into the Best Western lot before you get to Oltorf.
Now coming from the West you can attempt to turn left onto Live Oak at the Oltorf I35 intersection but it can get a little iffy some times. Best bet is to route your self to the Southbound I35 frontage road either at Woodland or Mariposa and then turn into the Best Western Parking lot.
Look forward to seeing everyone and Thanks for choosing Opal's!

I'm "in the business" as well, OF. Thanks for hosting us.

The Facebook event listing for this still shows BWW as the location. Can someone edit it? I'd hate to see people wind up at the wrong place.

Done. I have also updated the first post in this thread and the TARA website with the correct information.

On the front porch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm stuck the shop for awhile, i'll try to stop by after. 180# of sirloins on the smoker.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thank y’all for having me! :sun: Saw 75 degrees on the way home and rain....sweet rain! :clap:

I really enjoyed the change of venue to Michael's place.

Opal Divine's is a really enjoyable location and much more meaningful than the corporate/cookie cutter/factory Buffalo WW.

Just my opinion. It made the drive from San Antonio worth it.

I really enjoyed the change of venue to Michael's place.

Opal Divine's is a really enjoyable location and much more meaningful than the corporate/cookie cutter/factory Buffalo WW.

Just my opinion. It made the drive from San Antonio worth it.

Agreed. Thanks for the rid, Mr. Trice.

Riders,

The 1st Thursday meet and greet is this week, Thursday night, 6 pm - 8 pm. Remember, we have moved to Opal Divines.

All riders are welcome and encouraged to join us.

Ride your motorcycle if you want. Drive your car if that works better for you.

The main point is to get together, make new friends, visit with old friends, and talk about dual sport adventure motorcycling.

We will meet in Opal Divine's Austin Grill (inside the Best Western hotel) in south Austin.

Riders,

The 1st Thursday meet and greet is tomorrow, 6-8 pm, at Opal Divines. See you there. :)

The Austin 1st Thursday meet and greet is next week, Dec 6th. We will be discussing the ride schedule for 2019. Everyone is invited to attend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am really going to try and make it Thursday, haven't ridden in a long time, haven't even been back to the JC property since the HC500 :(

Is this at opals down south? Im new and wanted to come say hi.

Thanks

The Austin 1st Thursday meet and greet is next week, Dec 6th. We will be discussing the ride schedule for 2019. Everyone is invited to attend.

Is this at opals down south? Im new and wanted to come say hi.

Thanks

Yes, we are meeting at Opal Divines. The address is in the first post in this thread.

Thanks for having me folks, it was nice to hear people so passionate about riding!
Rough commute home, even by my standards. The fog and blowing drizzle from Coupland to Thorndale was downright dangerous......but a nice short adventure for the ole KLR.......:sun:

Rough commute home, even by my standards. The fog and blowing drizzle from Coupland to Thorndale was downright dangerous......but a nice short adventure for the ole KLR.......:sun:

We were happy you were able to attend and even more pleased that you made it home okay.

See you at the next one.

Riders,

Starting January 2019 we are moving the meeting location to the Easy Tiger restaurant. The address is below. I have also updated the first post in this thread with the info.

Easy Tiger at The Linc
6406 N. I-35 Frontage Road
Suite 1100 (the north end of the complex)
Austin, TX 78752

Here is a link to google maps.

Riders,

Starting January 2019 we are moving the meeting location to the Easy Tiger restaurant. The address is below. I have also updated the first post in this thread with the info.

Easy Tiger at The Linc
6406 N. I-35 Frontage Road
Suite 1100 (the north end of the complex)
Austin, TX 78752

Here is a link to google maps.

Super. Maybe I can make a few new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closer to home so I might be able to join one of these finally.

I've arranged for all attendees to receive a 10% discount at the meeting. I'll also gladly take anyone who wants on a tour of the facility.

Richard, the website still lists Opal Divine's for the meet and greet.

Back