TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 07-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #21
Iliketogofast

Re: New to TWT

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the advice. I definitely can understand the need for quality gear. I just ordered the Forma Adventure boots, based on ratings and reviews, and should have them in next week so I can break them in before the trip. I have the ICON RAIDEN DKR adventure riding gear, top and bottom, so I'm good on waterproof gear. I'm going to bring a waterproof insulated set of gloves and my sand 3's with glove liners, so pretty much anything that gets thrown at me I should be good. I'm pretty proficient in traveling( I've done a lot of cross country road trips) but am just sort of New to packing this light. I'm going to try to use a camping hammock on this upcoming trip to Sturgis and Colorado and see how that goes. I may go back to tents, but I like the idea of packable, light, and super quick set up that a hammock and rain fly affords. It shouldn't be too cold either, and I have a good compact low temp sleeping bag to use in the hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iliketogofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #22
Iliketogofast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsportvet View Post
I didn't get to go to the meet either but I'll be at the next one. Welcome to the site, we'll have to meet up and ride soon. I'm in Elgin and now can ride just about any time.

Bryan

Sounds great! I'm down whenever, but I do work during the week, so weekends are easier. Shoot me a message on here if you want to plan something. I look forward to it.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #23
RWhitehouse

Welcome aboard. I live in SW austin, between me and my roommate we have usually anywhere from 8-10 bikes at any given time.

I ride a Scout (formerly, a Z1000 that like you said didn't even feel like it was moving until about 100 and I drove it way too fast everywhere), but I certainly like to open it up it now and then also. Roommate has a concours14, also not exactly a slouch. If you want to go for a rip after work some time, let me know.
RWhitehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #24
Devientartist

Welcome! There are some really great TWT members in the central Texas area. Hope you meet you at some point!

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Honda XR650L
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1972 Yamaha R5 350cc Two-Stroke
Devientartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #25
Iliketogofast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWhitehouse View Post
Welcome aboard. I live in SW austin, between me and my roommate we have usually anywhere from 8-10 bikes at any given time.

I ride a Scout (formerly, a Z1000 that like you said didn't even feel like it was moving until about 100 and I drove it way too fast everywhere), but I certainly like to open it up it now and then also. Roommate has a concours14, also not exactly a slouch. If you want to go for a rip after work some time, let me know.

Awesome! Sounds great!

Old 07-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #26
Iliketogofast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devientartist View Post
Welcome! There are some really great TWT members in the central Texas area. Hope you meet you at some point!

Thanks so much, same to you!