TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > General Dirtiness

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #61
kubotamiketx
Forum Supporter

Re: Africa Twin thread

Those look nice. I went with the Touratech uppers and lowers mainly because they were the only think available about 10 months ago.

I can say the lowers worked great and the uppers did their job of saving the fairing on a low speed drop, but I don't think much of anything is going to help with high speed anyways.

The Touratech skid plate held up on the huge rocks of Colorado, but the plastic "skid" bars didn't make it past the first day.
1969 CT90
2007 Kubota L3940, John Deer X300, Kubota Zero Turn, Polaris Crew, Kawasaki Mule Pro FX, 3 chain saws, 3 weed eaters, pole saw, Duramax truck, all need servicing of some sort all the time . . .
kubotamiketx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #62
MississippiTexan

First, DualSportVet, I am very sorry for your loss. That is just brutal.

I purchased the SW-Motech center stand. And, at the suggestion of KubotaMike, I made my tires tubeless. Folks, if you ride off road, I must say both of these are a must. My buddy and I were way back there this weekend and I flatted. With the plug kit and mini compressor, I was up and running in less than 10 minutes and did not break a sweat. Holy cow this was more than worth the money.

Anyone running the Touratech crash bars (I have them) with the side bags. Curious is they flap in the wind or are pretty secure.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #63
jbird710

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubotamiketx View Post
Those look nice. I went with the Touratech uppers and lowers mainly because they were the only think available about 10 months ago.

I can say the lowers worked great and the uppers did their job of saving the fairing on a low speed drop, but I don't think much of anything is going to help with high speed anyways.

The Touratech skid plate held up on the huge rocks of Colorado, but the plastic "skid" bars didn't make it past the first day.
Ordered the crash bars and skid plate from AltRider and they are back-ordered. Going to check with them tomorrow to see when they will be available. Took the AT for inspection and registration/get plates today. Took all day as both the inspection station and tax assessor were backed up due to end of the month. Calculated out the difference I paid buying it from Honda of Russellvile instead of locally here at Stubbs and I saved $2401. Basically, the cost of the crash bars, skid plate, center stand, rear reservoir guard, PC-8 fuse block, hard copy manual, Honda tall windshield, power outlet (installed), and the trip to Russellville (including hotel) and back with change to spare.

Don't you know about the Bird?

8 Hondas, a Harley, and a basket case Suzuki
"The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect"

Last edited by jbird710; 04-24-2017 at 09:08 PM.
jbird710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #64
jbird710

Anyone put risers on their bars? If so, any issues with the stock cable lengths? Also, anyone put on metal handguards - what brand did you use/recommend?

"The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect"
Old 05-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #65
dualsportvet
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird710 View Post
Anyone put risers on their bars? If so, any issues with the stock cable lengths? Also, anyone put on metal handguards - what brand did you use/recommend?
Aw shucks, I posted on the other thread. From what I've read from other riders on the AT forum, if you stay under 2ins you'll be fine. Also, check out the post I did on the gps mount. It might help you.

Texas Africa Twin Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408075406212122/

Combat Engineers 89-2001, can't get there without us.
dualsportvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #66
jbird710

No problem. I had posted here yesterday and thought no one was reading this thread anymore.