TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
tperk314

TARA DFW North November Happenings

Another month gone...summer gone...Christmas almost here. Time to start working on next month's plans.

1st Tuesday is on November 7. We will meet at Fuddruckers in Grapevine again at 7PM. The address is: 2001 Hwy 121, GV 76051. It is physically located in the Bass Pro parking lot, behind Residence Inn.

Chris has his last planned ride on November 18. The info is at the following TWT thread: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115705 The following is copied from his thread:

Given the transit to and from Grandbury, I suspect that about 1/3 is pavement of some sort. The overview looks good and the elevation changes will be interesting because part of this appears to be in some hill country. The guidelines are...We are eating on the road... so pack a lunch... AGAIN.. PACK A LUNCH..water food etc... There will be gas along the way. However if you have a RotoPack, I would bring it. I will bring mine just in case someone needs fuel. If you have ridden with me all year then you will be prepared. However new guys are welcome always. This is my last ride for the year, and probably my last until May. I expect all of the regulars to show because its what we do.

Since the weather can be unpredictable from now on...other than Chris' ride we probably won't make any long range ride plans. My guess is weekend rides set up just 2-3 days in advance...based on the forecast. I still want to get in some dirt bike riding. Anyone got any ride ideas...post them up.

If you aren't on the TARA email list...and would like to be...send your name and email to me via PM, and I will add you.

See you guys on the 7th...remember family and friends always welcome!
tperk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
tperk314

Re: TARA DFW North November Happenings

1st Tuesday Reminder...this coming Tuesday at Fuddruckers in Grapevine (located in the Bass Pro parking lot) @ 7pm. Don't miss it!

Update on Chris' last ADV ride for the year...planned for November 18. I think its about 150 miles or so. Don't miss this one!

Hopefully some of the guys went on the big Mexico trip...and will be able to tell us all about it.

See you there!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
tperk314

Yahoo...we've got a banner. Now we are really somebody! Will make it easier to meet up at crowded bike parks, and events.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2234.jpg (39.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 11-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #4
tperk314

1st Tuesday Reminder...tomorrow night (11/7) at Fuddruckers in Grapevine @ 7pm.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
PigTrail

Any interest from the North Texas crowd for an ADV ride near Broken Bow, OK or Mena, AR on weekend of Nov 18th or Dec 2nd? Temps are probably 40's-60's for next couple of weeks. If we can only dodge the rain!

I'm based out of East Texas, so these are a little closer to me. Any interest?

www.DualSportDispatch.com
PigTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
tperk314

We are having our meet tonight...will make sure to bring it up. Chris is having his last ride of the year on the 18th, but that is running on the SW side of DFW. It might be a lot closer for some of the eastern guys to run with you. Will let you know if there is any interest for the 18th...or in December. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
tperk314

RIDE REMINDER! Chris' last ADV ride of the year is this Saturday.

Check out his thread in upcoming rides: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115705.

Don't miss it. He even has camping available for Friday night. Be sure to contact him directly for more info.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #8
tperk314

Another month gone! The December thread is up and running. Check it out: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115982