MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Re: Dust to Glory 2 - Reminder!

Any thoughts on film, Tourmeister, his son, myself, and my wife went in Conroe. Was totally surprised, only 10-12 or so folks there!
TORCS #70
2017 Corvette Grand Sport (7M)
2017 KTM 250 XC
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Hellwig

If anyone gets info on dvd availability or possibly streaming please post up-missed it here in Beaumont
Old 12-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
basebill

Only four people in theater I went to in spring.
I thought there wasn’t enough motorcycle action.
basebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I liked it. Sure, I'm always ready for more motorcycle action, but this was about more than just the motorcycle aspect of racing. The first movie just focused on the actual Baja 1000 race. This had more about the whole season of racing, the various teams and people, and a bit more about Mexico. It has something for everyone. That is a LOT to cram into 110 minutes. I thought it had some pretty cool footage from races, onboard, helicopter, drone, etc,... Overall, I thought it did a great job of conveying the feel of the whole off road racing community, the machines, the motivations, the ups and downs of racing, the triumphs and tragedies, and more. I will definitely buy it on DVD when it comes out.

I was amazed at the poor showing of viewers though. Yes, the weather was in full on suck mode last night. Still... I just wonder how much upfront promotion it got. I was not aware of it at all until someone posted about it here just a week or so ago. But for that, I would have missed it.

It DEFINITELY made me want to go ride!!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
philipbarrett

We had about 20 people in Dallas, "technical difficulties" meant we got started late & people were pretty disgruntled having to sit through some SEMA promo for 10 mins beforehand.

Other than that I felt it was enjoyable but as basebill said, a little too much touchy-feely family and not enough racing. The first one was better but then again, it did have an element of surprise at the amazing racing footage which by now we all expected from #2.

2010 BMW F800GS "Buck"
2002 KTM 300EXC
2015 Husqvarna FE501S
1975 Honda CB400F
philipbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #7
Yeeha! Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
: I was amazed at the poor showing of viewers though. Yes, the weather was in full on suck mode last night. Still...

Last year, the year before? When we had all the cobblestone ice on the roads.... there were packed houses for the motorcycle movie we went to see.

We had about 20 BMWDFW club members at the Grapevine show last night and that made for about 30 bodies in the seats.

Agree with your review of the show. I would've like more "speed" shots, but I liked the personality profiles of this show.

I thought it was going to be a packed house and convinced my Buds that we needed to get there early if we wanted a good seat. I took some razzing when everyone had finished their popcorn before the lights even went down!

MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx

Last edited by Yeeha! Stephen; 12-08-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:47 AM   #8
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeeha! Stephen View Post
Last year, the year before? When we had all the cobblestone ice on the roads.... there were packed houses for the motorcycle movie we went to see.

We had about 20 BMWDFW club members at the Grapevine show last night and that made for about 30 bodies in the seats.

Agree with your review of the show. I would've like more "speed" shots, but I liked the personality profiles of this show.

I thought it was going to be a packed house and convinced my Buds that we needed to get there early if we wanted a good seat. I took some razzing when everyone had finished their popcorn before the lights even went down!
Me too, I was expecting a lot of folks. Oh well. Personally it was ok but I won't be buying it. Some good footage but overall a snooze fest for me.
TORCS #70
2017 Corvette Grand Sport (7M)
2017 KTM 250 XC
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote