TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Specialty Topic Forums > Dealerships, Local Shop and Aftermarket Vendor Reviews

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
2N2OUT

Thumbs down BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

Buyer beware, I purchased a K1600 GT from them in July. I asked them to finance through BMW, but they used MB Financial. Terrible interest rate, but I didn't care since I would be paying it off in short order.

Flash forward to November, I paid off the bike. MB Financial finally sent me paper work mid- December along with a note saying they didn't have my title and that I needed to contact the selling dealer to get it. I emailed the finance manager late December and didn't even get a reply. Email again and will call to follow up.

It took near 8 weeks to get my license plates out of them. Harris County said they had no record, I finally got plates after weeks of nagging them. Now they didn't process the title correctly.

Unfortunately, the folks were friendly and nice to work with, but no free 600 mile service and their lack of attention to detail means I won't ever darken their door again.

2016 Light White K1600 GT Premium "Fräulein"
2011 Alpine White R1200 GS (sold)
2N2OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
kellenbenz

Re: BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

Good to know. I thought I may drop in some day but won't bother now.

Ron

2000 LTC 90600 miles KIA (new)
2003 LTE 164188 miles Silver (Purchased with 1687)
2008 R1200RT 176196 miles (Purchased with 16458)
2017 R1200RT 67350 miles (new)
Total BMW miles 480,189
1982 GL1100 rode 84108 miles (bought with 12012 sold 96120)
1988 GL1500 rode 12067 miles (bought with 19893 totaled 31960)
1989 GL1500 rode 142208 miles (bought with 20302 sold 162510)
Goldwing miles 238,383
kellenbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #3
brg
Forum Supporter

I don't know that I'd publicly out them over making a mistake in processing the title. To be fair, most powersports dealers are terrible at email, so that seems pretty normal. You said they were nice to work with, but made a mistake. It just seems harsh to give a "buyer beware" warning on a public forum over something like this. Just my two cents.
brg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
2N2OUT

Fair enough, I left out some details trying not completely bash them. Suffice to say there were other issues.

2016 Light White K1600 GT Premium "Fräulein"
2011 Alpine White R1200 GS (sold)
2N2OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #5
Meriden

Sad to hear, especially since the dealer across town has had the same complaints lodged against them.

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Avatar: Jawbone Canyon Store by Rman
Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:11 AM   #6
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

I honestly haven't been in lately but have bought 2 bikes from them with no trouble. Not sure one guys bad luck should totally bash a dealers rep.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:12 AM   #7
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellenbenz View Post
Good to know. I thought I may drop in some day but won't bother now.

Ron
Because one guy had a problem? You think there's any dealer in Houston that someone hasn't had a problem with? Your choice obviously.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 01-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
Cagiva 549

Tags and title issues should be reported to the state although prior issues I have had with state paperwork didn't turn out well , the paper work is a rather important part of the transaction , failure on their part is unacceptable behavior , not a mistake .
05 ST3 Duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing the Geezer ride
Cagiva 549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #9
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

My question, I can't imagine a bank not requiring the title as collateral in their possession. Do dealers give free 600 mile service?
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 01-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #10
mitchntx
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsguy View Post
My question, I can't imagine a bank not requiring the title as collateral in their possession. Do dealers give free 600 mile service?
Johnson County Motorsports did on my KTM.
But only because I negotiated for it.

It's been my experience and witness that dealers are only your best friend while purchasing something. After that ...
Old 01-16-2018, 07:37 AM   #11
WoodButcher
Administrator

Lone Star BMW used to include 600 mile service. And I agree that avoid them over one report is extreme. Better to just be aware to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to you. Also, I've heard of several people that have been very happy.

I'd take this as a general PSA that you need to stay on top of any dealer when it comes to title issues.

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away - American Pie, Don McLean

2009 R1200GS Adventure - The Bug Killer
2013 K1600GT - Serenity
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #12
tojo92

In the powersport industry, ANY dealership issue with title and financing is a red flag to me. There should never be title issues from a place that does their job correctly.

Far too many instances of floor plan games out there from owners making bad decisions. Ultimately, it's usually the buyers that get stuck with title issues.

It's worth sharing, otherwise no one would know they weren't the only one (if that is the case). If no other issues reported, then it's a one off error and should be treated as such.

I'm just sayin...
tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #13
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo92 View Post
In the powersport industry, ANY dealership issue with title and financing is a red flag to me. There should never be title issues from a place that does their job correctly.

Far too many instances of floor plan games out there from owners making bad decisions. Ultimately, it's usually the buyers that get stuck with title issues.

It's worth sharing, otherwise no one would know they weren't the only one (if that is the case). If no other issues reported, then it's a one off error and should be treated as such.
I agree, have to ad, as I stated bought 2 bikes but it's been a year since last one. I haven't even been to shop in 10 months so could be a new crew. But experience was good, my buddy has bought several bikes cash deals and no problems.

I just hate seeing one red flag without hearing other side. I say again there is no dealer out there someone didn't have a beef with. Internet makes it easy to rip someone.

Hopefully he gets it straighten out to his satisfaction.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 01-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #14
mitchntx
Forum Supporter

Quote:

I just hate seeing one red flag without hearing other side. I say again there is no dealer out there someone didn't have a beef with. Internet makes it easy to rip someone.
Perception and emotion ...

One person's rip is another's sharing.

I see the OPs comments as an emotional sharing.
we've all been there where a hassle like this is anxiety filled bag of hoops an owner has to jump through ... unnecessarily. Venting occurs.

I would prefer the raw data and then let me draw my own conclusions.

Would I steer clear from BMW of Woodlands altogether based upon this thread? Probably not. But if I found myself there looking at a potential purchase, I would certainly leverage this data to my benefit.

Just as the internet makes it easy to rip someone's experiences, it also makes it easy to rip someone posting their experiences.

Badgering a thread owner's raw emotions might prevent the next poster from sharing experiences while the data and emotion is high on the list.

Give me the data and let me decide.

Thanks for the info, 2N2OUT
Old 01-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #15
Windmill

Quote:
Right. I would change banks if mine financed a bike and did not pressure to receive title. Most financial institutes would be jumping up and down if the title and insurance wasn't received in a timely fashion.
I know this isn't exactly what happed here, but bank is making money just like dealer did. The bank loan was unsecured. Oh well everyone makes mistakes and that is a fact and all three parties can learn from this mistake. What purpose could it serve other than a mistake?
#1 True Love and
#2 Homegrown Tomatoes

Last edited by Windmill; 01-16-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Windmill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #16
my6

Has anyone had their scoot serviced there? I really like Cuz'n Bob's in Austin but the Woodylands are way closer.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #17
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by my6 View Post
Has anyone had their scoot serviced there? I really like Cuz'n Bob's in Austin but the Woodylands are way closer.
My 1200 GS has been there twice. Both times dealing with the service department was great. I was shocked when it came time to pay... It was FAR less than what I was expecting!

I've no experience purchasing bikes there... or anywhere else... because it has been so long since I bought a bike from a dealership.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #18
my6

Excelllent, thanks.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #19
brg
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by my6 View Post
I have had service there and have had good experiences.
brg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #20
RockmanTex

I bought a bike there, also bought parts & gear, had service done, traded in 2 bikes and would give them 5 stars. Offered the best prices on my purchases. Good people to work with in my experience.
RockmanTex is offline   Reply With Quote