TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Offroad Riders > The Sandpit

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

If only I had more money...

The 300 version of this would be high on my list!

http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-gen...-stroke-enduro

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas

Last edited by Tourmeister; 05-15-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #2
pkiser

Re: If only I had more money...

Fuel injected two stroke. Does that mean all you guys with OLD technology carburetor models are going to sell them dirt bike cheap?
pkiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
kickstand~prophet

Most important from the list of benefits.........."No flooding when flipping over the bike."
1985 Yamaha RZ350

Avatar picture courtesy of Ghostrider1964

The biggest challenge of life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be." Maya Angelou
kickstand~prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
Johnf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
You have time to start saving if the fuel injected 300 is what you want. The 300 is not coming to the USA as a fuel injected 2018 model. It will still be carbed.

2019 for the 300 fuel injected most likely.
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #5
_RG_

Pure violence in Orange.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Oh, I have time to save... I rarely buy a new bike. I am riding a 2007 BMW 1200 GS that I bought used back in 2015. My 2010 KTM 530 is my newest bike, having been bought used in late 2011. Besides, with something that new, I'd usually wait a year or two anyway just to make sure they get the bugs worked out. So I'd be looking at 2020 at the earliest to get a used 2019

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 05-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
Rsquared
Forum Supporter

KTM never ceases to impress me with their new offerings. I'm sure this new 2T will be nothing short of amazing. That said, as far as I'm concerned, for me my 300 is pure nirvana on single track. But, then again, I'm old, slow, and don't bounce like I used too, so YMMV...
Old 05-16-2017, 02:06 AM   #8
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
KTM never ceases to impress me with their new offerings. I'm sure this new 2T will be nothing short of amazing. That said, as far as I'm concerned, for me my 300 is pure nirvana on single track. But, then again, I'm old, slow, and don't bounce like I used too, so YMMV...
You still bounce just fine... It is the recovery from the bouncing that isn't what it used to be

Quote:

Old 05-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #9
Johnny Blaze

Are the 2018 fuel injected Husky 2-strokes being sold in the US? The website says it is being sold wherever a dealer can be found if I am reading it correctly.
2001 Honda XR250R (gone but not forgotten )
2004 Honda XR650l (gone and good riddance )

Spirit primarily means wind.
R.W. Emerson
Johnny Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
OldTLSDoug
Mad Modder
Forum Supporter

I hope this is leading other more exciting, possible road going 2T's. That would be a great adventure.

Doug "OldTLSDoug" Basinger
2008 Suzuki DR-Z70
2007 Aprilia SXV (5.5) 4.5
2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750
2006 Suzuki DR-Z434SM
1992 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit
G-Town Squid Squad
OldTLSDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:28 PM   #11
Countingcoup

Texas Lottery
Can't win if you dont play...
You got that right
SOLO COBDR
10 Days in Mexico Oct 2015
Countingcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #12
DaveC

i am gonna go get a lottery ticket, cash value please.

-\0/-
[]

"heck, that ain't far! Let's ride"
Quote:
"Such as thou art, so once was I
As I am now, so shalt thou be"
Inscribed on the tomb of The Black Prince , Edward of Woodstock, 1376
Quote:
Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious.
Will Rogers

Ride Naked!
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #13
Dao

I've got mixed feelings about FI on a 2 stroke.
I've owned a FI dirtbike thumper for almost 5 yrs now.
the complex FI system, the myriads of relays, connnectors, sensors, and computerization have all but locked me out of the simple pleasures of wrenching on my bike. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I no longer need to rejet, but do I want this level of complexity locking me out of my 2 stroke?

What I love about 2 stroke dirt bikes is that the technology hasn't gotten too advanced for my wrenching skills. Granted a two stroke lives and dies by how well you know how to rejet. But once you understand the pilot, needle, and main, you have an awesome and extremely reliable dirt bike that will not let you down. It just wants to scream and delivers a sense of personal satisfaction and fun that ver few 4 strokes can provide.

Grass isn't greener on the other side...not yet anyways.
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #14
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
2018 we get 300 EXC TPI. Six Days model also.
http://www.ktm.com/enduro/300-exc-tpi/

Decent ride review here:
http://dirtbiketest.com/fresh-dirt/2...ng-impression/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dao View Post
...Granted a two stroke lives and dies by how well you know how to rejet. But once you understand the pilot, needle, and main, you have an awesome and extremely reliable dirt bike that will not let you down.
If you ride in one area that's true. But if you travel out of area this can be an issue. Nothing like having auto jetting instead of opening up the carb every trip stop and pulling out your crib notes of jets used from last time you rode that elevation. First time visit though you're doing it on site from scratch.

Quote:
...Grass isn't greener on the other side...not yet anyways.
The list of "Benefits in Brief" is about as greener as it gets for me. Add to that less smoking/spooge and less oil consumption. Pre mix ratio is a compromise for most as we ride at a wide range of rpm/throttle.

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #15
Meriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkiser View Post
Fuel injected two stroke. Does that mean all you guys with OLD technology carburetor models are going to sell them dirt bike cheap?
I think there will be a big market for guys who want the older technology, so I'm keeping mine priced accordingly.

With that said, the last AMA update on the carousel retaliation issue implied that they are going through with the 100% tariff on sub 500cc European motorcycles. A well kept KTM might be worth a small fortune in the near future.

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Avatar: Jawbone Canyon Store by Rman
Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #16
Dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
The list of "Benefits in Brief" is about as greener as it gets for me. Add to that less smoking/spooge and less oil consumption. Pre mix ratio is a compromise for most as we ride at a wide range of rpm/throttle.
_
Dave, you going to pull the trigger on a FI 300?
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #17
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
2018 we get 300 EXC TPI. Six Days model also.
http://www.ktm.com/enduro/300-exc-tpi/

Decent ride review here:
http://dirtbiketest.com/fresh-dirt/2...ng-impression/

If you ride in one area that's true. But if you travel out of area this can be an issue. Nothing like having auto jetting instead of opening up the carb every trip stop and pulling out your crib notes of jets used from last time you rode that elevation. First time visit though you're doing it on site from scratch.

_
Just remember, first year(2018), they are offering both, very few less, than 1 per dealer will be FI this year. Plus they're carry a premium price. Maybe 2019 it'll be open season on them.
TORCS #70
2017 Corvette Grand Sport (7M)
2017 KTM 250 XC
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:41 AM   #18
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriden View Post
I think there will be a big market for guys who want the older technology, so I'm keeping mine priced accordingly.

With that said, the last AMA update on the carousel retaliation issue implied that they are going through with the 100% tariff on sub 500cc European motorcycles. A well kept KTM might be worth a small fortune in the near future.
If this does in fact happen, us with used bikes for sale will be sitting pretty!
TORCS #70
2017 Corvette Grand Sport (7M)
2017 KTM 250 XC
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #19
SilverBullet

Quote:
Dave, you going to pull the trigger on a FI 300?
Yes in 4-5 years when supply good on the used market. I want one in my retirement toy hauler. I would like to have one sooner but $10K on a dirt bike is not going to happen.

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #20
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Yeah, the price in general for all new bikes has pretty much blown me out of the market for ANY new bike. So I am reduced to sitting and waiting for a bike I want to be 3-4 years old so that the used prices hopefully get down to something reasonable. My income has not kept up with the near doubling of prices for new bikes in the last 15-20 years.

Quote: