TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > For Sale / Wanted

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
lonestarbob

Dainese & Shoei New Gear For Sale

Howdy, all.

First posting here (although I've been lurking for years), sorry it's a For Sale posting. I've been working overseas for the past number of years and now need to part with some of this gear that's been collecting dust in my closet. This stuff was purchased directly from the Dainese store in Southern California (other than the lid) and has been unused (as in 'not worn') other than while it trying on for proper sizing. The actual price paid is shown on the tags for the suit and jacket, I'm still sorting through my receipt box for receipts for what I paid for the rest (the boots were between $400-500). Nonetheless, this stuff needs to go to a new home...and get worn! Please let me know if you're interested in anything here, PM is OK as well as post replys. I've been trying to determine how much to ask for each item but it's always difficult finding that split between what you want (based on what you paid for it) and what it will actually sell for. Anyway, if you're interested in anything here please shoot me a REASONABLE offer and we can discuss. To put things into perspective, I"m hoping to get around '40 cents on the dollar' for what I initially paid thus the jacket would be in the mid-300s and the suit in the 700-800 range. That being said, please have a look at the photos and let me know what you think(I've posted them as PDF files to keep relevant photos together and the file sizes low). There's one catch...I'll be departing again in the middle of next week so if you're interested in something we will need to sort out our business in the Austin area by next Tuesday the 16th (I will be in Dallas for the day on the 15th).

Thanks for having a look, please shoot me a message if you have any questions regarding.

LSB
lonestarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Gpz1100

Re: Dainese & Shoei New Gear For Sale

pm sent on gloves
Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
humanrace

What size are the boots and how much?
humanrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
lonestarbob

I believe the boots are a size 10.5 but I'll need to confirm. I'll post again in the morning once I have them in front of me. I think these guys were closer to the $500 range. It was a new boot for Dainese that year...lightweight construction with ankle guard and hinge system to keep ankle from 'rolling' when sliding across pavement...or something like that. The 'cherry on top' is the replacable titanium guard...a total Dainese signature thing. Anyway, how does $200 sound? There's a bit of wear on the tread but it was from walking around the Dainese shop in California. They've never been outside or on feet otherwise.

Thanks for the inquiry, feel free to PM if you would like more info regarding.

LSB
Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
lonestarbob

Gloves have been sold. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
lonestarbob

The boots are a size 11 (US, 44 European). I've uploaded additional photos showing the general boot construction and size.

LSB
Old 07-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
humanrace

Thanks, I'm size 9.
humanrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
lonestarbob

Jacket is now gone. Thanks!

Here's what I have left...

Shoei X-Eleven Bostrom helmet, new in the box. I bought two at the same time, the second never made it out of the box. This is a Large size helmet (59-60cm) and comes as shown in the photographs. These listed for around $600 when they hit the market, I think I paid around $1100 for both out the door. A quick Google search shows a similar X-11 Bostrom NIB for $486, I'm asking $240 for this one (includes Shoei helmet bag, shipping is extra).

Bora Leather Racing suit, new and unworn. This suit is a size 56, as per the Dainese sizing chart this is a size 46 or XL (US size). For reference, I'm about 6'2" and was in the 210-220lb range when I bought the suit. It also comes with the back protector and replacable knee sliders. I would combine the suit and the boots together (they cost me about $2500 new) for $960 plus shipping.

Please drop me a line if any of this sounds interesting. Thanks!

LSB
Old 07-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Gpz1100

got the gloves. thanks