TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > For Sale / Wanted

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Moodyblues

SOLD. 2013 KTM 500 XC-W Enduro, Street Legal, Tagged

SOLD

I'm selling my 2013 KTM 500 XC-W. I know it sounds impossible, but I have too many bikes in the barn.

The bike has been made street legal, and has MC tags. Bike was converted to street legal with DOT tires, removable horn, and rear brake light. Very cheap insurance and great to ride to the trail. This bike has not been abused. Many add ons. Valves just checked. Oil and filters changed religiously. Zero problems with it. Big, loud, and can hurt you...just like my mother in law. Bought it in 2014. I am the second owner, it was the dealers personal trail bike. Had 300 miles on it when I bought it. Less than 1200 miles on it now.

The following is some what's on it...

KTM 5.3 gal tank. Stock tank is also included
Acerbis front disk Guard
Samco silicone hose kit, fresh coolant
Pro Moto rear disk guard.
Pro Moto Billet Rear Rack
Pro Moto Billet Kickstand
Enduro Engineering Grab Handle
Enduro Engineering Clutch Slave Guard
Enduro Engineering Skid Plate
Wolfman Tank Bag and Soft panniers
EGO Barkbuster hand guards
Trail Tech Voyager GPS with Billet Protector, SD card compatible.
Trail Tech X2 Halogen Headlight system with Rock Guard, switched.
KTM 690 windscreen installed, adjustable, mounted with breakaway expansion plugs in case of a unexpected dismount
Moose front snatch handle loop
LED rear turn signals installed (not required for DOT, but might prevent a "I didn't see him" rear ender.
Seat Concepts Seat Kit, HUGE improvement over stock.
Garmin 350 mount installed and hard wired
Enduro Engineering radiator overflow line and coolant recovery bottle installed
Double Take Mirrors, left and right.
Keyed kill switch installed, 2 keys included
Lights are switched. Off, Low Beam, High Beam.
FMF Factory 4.1 slip on exhaust with Carbon end cap
Giant Loop Heat Guard
Resprung with Enduro Engineering springs for 220# rider, stock springs included, fresh fork oil, Nov '17. One of the best suspensions I have ever rode in 40 years of riding.
Rental Fat Bar RC bend handlebars
Enduro Engineering Risers
Fresh battery
Fresh Rental sprockets
More stuff Im missing.... No I'm not adding up the prices of the accessories. Figure a buttload and a half.

Dropped to $7000. Come get it.

Come with cash for a test ride.
NO TRADES PLEASE.

https://killeen.craigslist.org/mcy/d...489694352.html

email is msgmoody@gmail.com

Last edited by Moodyblues; 03-12-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Price drop
Moodyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: 2013 KTM 500 XC-W Enduro, Street Legal, Tagged

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
Moodyblues

Posting an answer for a few questions I have got.

The tires are Dunlop 606.

Brakes flushed Dec ‘17.

State inspection current as on 1 March 2018.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:54 AM   #4
JT
Forum Supporter

Do not add up the cost of the farkles! The owner is not allowed to do that!
2006 DL1000
2001 XR650R tagged
2003 KLX400R tagged
2007 300XCW not tagged-yet
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #5
Moodyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
Do not add up the cost of the farkles! The owner is not allowed to do that!
I know, if I did I might change my mind and keep it!
Old 03-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
Moodyblues

Stock headlight assy included too.

Price drop $7000. Come get it.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I'd love to have it to replace my 530 EXC. As usual, when a deal comes along, I am not in a position to jump on it

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 03-13-2018, 04:35 AM   #8
inroads

Re: SOLD. 2013 KTM 500 XC-W Enduro, Street Legal, Tagged

Thanks to a good guy....MoodyBlues...sweet ride and a seamless transaction.
inroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:21 AM   #9
bwdmax
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by inroads View Post
Thanks to a good guy....MoodyBlues...sweet ride and a seamless transaction.
Quote:
Not anti KTM at all.Some have the attitude that KTM is the end of story.

Well...not everyone wants an expensive,38" seat height,1 bun wide seat,

High strung race bike with lights.

I want to go 40k + miles without having to rebuild my engine once or twice.

I want to do long distances comfortably and carry a load.

I cannot utilize the full potential of some Japanese DS bikes much less a KTM.

But as stated I would love to have one but there is a price to pay beyond the initial investment.

Simply,there are more versatile Cheaper DS sport bikes that can put big grins IMO

Don't be offended when not everyone subscribes to team orange.

There is room for us all.Ride on
I hope you enjoy your new to you expensive,38" seat height,1 bun wide seat,

High strung race bike with lights.

I wanted to pull the trigger on this bike myself. I just couldn't make myself do it. Thanks for taking the temptation away.

Gary
525 EXC & 650 V-Strom (mine)
CRF150F (family) CRF110F (Daughter)
Foreman 450 (family) TRX250R (could be yours)
XR250R (Son)

http://www.matamoroschildrenshome.org/
bwdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #10
inroads

^^^ wow digging deep in the archives.....I may still end up believing that.
We’ll see....now I can make that decision based upon real world experience.

Just had to see what all the fuss was about....can’t beat em join em.

Btw....glad I could assist you with your temptation.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #11
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdmax View Post
I wanted to pull the trigger on this bike myself. I just couldn't make myself do it. Thanks for taking the temptation away.
Ditto...

I was even working the math just to see...

I sort of slid the idea by my wife without being real specific just to see...

I was all good, but sometimes I make myself wait, just to see if I can...

My 530 doesn't get ridden enough right not for me to justify replacing it with a bike like this one, even though I sure would like one like this one!

Quote:

Old 03-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #12
bwdmax
Forum Supporter

Quote:
^^^ wow digging deep in the archives.....I may still end up believing that.
We’ll see....now I can make that decision based upon real world experience.

Just had to see what all the fuss was about....can’t beat em join em.

Btw....glad I could assist you with your temptation.
That didn't take long to get the real world experience......decision made!

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...legal.1288280/

2013 KTM 500 XC-W
1,200 miles
Street legal,blue title
Xtra clean
BooKoo extras....lots
Pm me for full listing
$8200
Recent purchase but at 62 decided to stay with my WR250r cause it don’t scare me so.

Gary
525 EXC & 650 V-Strom (mine)
CRF150F (family) CRF110F (Daughter)
Foreman 450 (family) TRX250R (could be yours)
XR250R (Son)

http://www.matamoroschildrenshome.org/
bwdmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #13
FiddyK

not long at all....

https://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...530487803.html
11 Beta 450 RR - gone (had my sexy italian fling)
08 Honda XR650L - gone (but not forgotten )
FiddyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #14
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

At least he gave it a try!

Quote:

Old 03-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #15
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
At least he gave it a try!
Yes in the back of his pickup truck. Lol

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #16
copb8
Forum Supporter

Following my typical trend I'm going to let it get flipped a couple more times then buy at the top of the market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16 KTM 690 Enduro R
15 KTM 1190 Adventure R
15 KTM 500 EXC
09 KTM 400 XC-W Plated (for sale)
copb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:30 PM   #17
JT
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by copb8 View Post
Following my typical trend I'm going to let it get flipped a couple more times then buy at the top of the market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well Bart, for your sake, I hope the price doesn't keep going up.
2006 DL1000
2001 XR650R tagged
2003 KLX400R tagged
2007 300XCW not tagged-yet
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #18
inroads

Prices go up and prices go down....asking price and receiving prices are different

As y’all know. I spent a good day going thru the bike just making proper

adjustments and checking things.It was all minor things...but a handful of things

(Removing a chain link,readjusting of forks,remounting plate etc.

So to answer peoples questions....yes my time has value....Thank you for all

Yalls concerns.

Had genuine intentions of going with this bike but I must say my initial thoughts

Are proving accurate about these bikes...nothing smooth about them but ****

Impressive grunt and chassis/suspension.

I guess I’m just part of the low and slow and no where to go crowd as point A to

Point B while seeing and smelling the flowers has come to have more value too

In the Autumn of my Hey Day....Enjoy !!

P.S. to Bwdmax....things must be real slow in Victoria

Last edited by inroads; 03-14-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:26 AM   #19
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

If you can find a buyer at your price, more power to you. Buy low and sell high is the name of the game in every business. Time is value and a seller that wants to move a bike will take a lower price than one that might be willing to sit on a bike for a while. Nothing wrong with that. I've flipped a few bikes myself and come out ahead (and not just physically...)

Quote:

Old 03-15-2018, 06:48 AM   #20
Johnny Blaze

Quote:
P.S. to Bwdmax....things must be real slow in Victoria
That's one potential buyer gone.
2001 Honda XR250R (gone but not forgotten )
2004 Honda XR650l (gone and good riddance )

Spirit primarily means wind.
R.W. Emerson
Johnny Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote