TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Specialty Topic Forums > Dealerships, Local Shop and Aftermarket Vendor Reviews

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 05-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #41
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Re: BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlinkibikr View Post
Dang - they still haven't sorted it out? Do you have any lawyer buddies that could go with you to meet the GM and get some high level attention about this? They are in all sorts of breach of contract and if this doesn't get sorted yesterday you could be out everything if your bike was stolen - don't think insurance companies will work with you for a minute if your paperwork isn't 100% and ticked and tied.

This just gets worse and worse - they don't appear to be taking their mistakes seriously.

I wish you all the best in getting this settled soon.

Dave.
Insurance in a loss situation could be a problem.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #42
jfink
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2N2OUT View Post
So, to follow up on this mess.

Went to TXDOT, they never issued the title because the dealer failed to complete the paperwork properly. I called Montgomery County Tax office and spoke to the nice lady that had the paperwork. She said they failed to complete it properly, and had ignored multiple letters to the dealership telling them my title work was incomplete.

Called the dealership back, when confronted with the facts, they changed their tune. We'll send someone to complete the paperwork and get your title to you.

Well, now it's May 2018, 10 months after purchase and still no title. Ran the VIN and see that a title was finally issued but it shows a lien holder that no longer exists, so now I'll waste more of my time to get that sorted out.

Two words: Unmitigated Disaster...
I am a few months behind you, but have had the exact same experience. Although I purchased mine outright January 11th. It has taken them until the first of May to get my plates. Someone (if you have dealt with them, you know who!) from the dealership had to go into the tax office to straighten something out, in order to get the plates. Now their comment is "we have nothing to do with the Title, it is the State of Texas!" Sounds like I will need to reference your experience. Thanks David, for the unsolicited information.

'04 Goldwing (ich bin eine Deutschlander) (US States and Canadian Provinces)
'11 KTM 990 Dakar (all 23 countries in South, Central and North America)
'14 KTM 500 Exc
'14 BMW GTL Exclusive
'17 KTM Super Duke GT

Where I have ridden
jfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #43
masterblaster
Forum Supporter

I am having same issue, 3 months on my GSA, and 2 months so far on my s1000RR, I also turned a buddy onto a deal for a 17 leftover 1200 gsa and he is having the same issue. I am not going to slam them on purchase or service as the buying experience was good and straight forward, fair price and fair trade. Kind of ruined all that work by the team with bad follow up on plates. I wont recommend them to my friends but wont tell anyone not to buy there. I ill swing by again tomorrow to discus with them again and show them this thread. Having another strong healthy BMW dealer or any dealer in the area is in everyone's interest.
2018 Husqvarna TX 300
Hoka Hey 108
masterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:35 AM   #44
jfink
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
I am having same issue, 3 months on my GSA, and 2 months so far on my s1000RR, I also turned a buddy onto a deal for a 17 leftover 1200 gsa and he is having the same issue. I am not going to slam them on purchase or service as the buying experience was good and straight forward, fair price and fair trade. Kind of ruined all that work by the team with bad follow up on plates. I wont recommend them to my friends but wont tell anyone not to buy there. I ill swing by again tomorrow to discus with them again and show them this thread. Having another strong healthy BMW dealer or any dealer in the area is in everyone's interest.
I guess that is a good way to think of it, Jerry. I wouldn't try dissuade anyone from buying there, but I wish they would do a better job of conducting their business and own up to their mistakes.

Their service guys seem to be top notch and the dealership is great to go and kick the tires. I got a good deal on the Duke but based on my latest efforts to understand the hang up with plates and title, I kinda wonder what they "knew" about it before I bought. I haven't bothered to ask, because based on recent interactions, I pretty much know what the answer would be.

I made the deal for the Duke without ever seeing it. It was listed at their Oklahoma store. The sales pictures showed a windshield extender. When I got the bike, they had removed the extender. I am pretty sure I would have removed it as well, so no big deal, but they didn't give me the option. This can be explained away, but buying based on internet pictures can be dicey, and requires a certain amount of trust. I am not certain I would do that again with this dealership. Not because of the extender, but because of the preponderance of issues and loss of my trust lately.

In the meantime, I still am waiting on my title, almost a half year later. An issue they claim to have "nothing to do with".

'14 KTM 500 Exc
'14 BMW GTL Exclusive
'17 KTM Super Duke GT

Where I have ridden
Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #45
2N2OUT

"we have nothing to do with the Title, it is the State of Texas!"

Exactly what they told me.

Agree with both your comments, sales and service were fine, but if I can't get timely legal title to my purchase, then what's the point.

2016 Light White K1600 GT Premium "Fräulein"
2011 Alpine White R1200 GS (sold)
2N2OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #46
2N2OUT

BTW, Ian is no longer working there so if you are emailing him, it's a blackhole. "B" offered help, but never followed up.

BTW, your information is also not safe with these folks. They use FREE GMAIL accounts to transact business. <employee>.eurotek@gmail.com Not good business practices and terrible for their customers. I refused to email them any documents for specifically this reason.

Turns out a Clayton Little is the owner, he also owns BMW Motorcycles of OKC. I haven't found any contact information yet, which is also interesting. If I owned a customer focused business I'd want folks to be able to find me.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #47
jfink
Forum Supporter

I have called the State DMV at (888) 368-4689 received assistance from one of the most helpful persons I have ever dealt with in our governmental bureaucracy. With my VIN information, Steven walked me through what they have record of. I purchased the bike 1/11/2018. The Title application was received May 9th from the dealer, registration and plates were issued then. Two business days for the State to process the title, seven business days to print, mail then receive the Title. According to Steven, I should see the title in the next few days.

'14 KTM 500 Exc
'14 BMW GTL Exclusive
'17 KTM Super Duke GT

Where I have ridden
Old 05-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #48
2N2OUT

Joe, so funny, I went out today to check the mail and low and behold the title gods have blessed me. My title showed up, dated May 12, 2018. 10 months and 5 days after my purchase.

Old 05-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #49
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Though it's all late I'm glad it worked out for you guys. Did Ian leave the company all the way? Last I heard he was doing something else within company.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 05-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #50
2N2OUT

No idea of his status. He stopped responding to email. Brianna told me he was "no longer with the company."

Old 05-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #51
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Thanks
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #52
jfink
Forum Supporter

My title was in the mail when I checked it today. Hopefully, this was a learning opportunity for management at BMW Motorcycles Woodlands and the problems have been resolved.

'14 KTM 500 Exc
'14 BMW GTL Exclusive
'17 KTM Super Duke GT

Where I have ridden
Old 05-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #53
mlinkibikr

Good to hear. I didn't know about the BMW of OKC connection - that's where my K1200RS was originally delivered (I'm the second owner)... I still have the keychains.

Dave.
mlinkibikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:29 AM   #54
StromXTc
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfink View Post
My title was in the mail when I checked it today. Hopefully, this was a learning opportunity for management at BMW Motorcycles Woodlands and the problems have been resolved.
JUSTICE! So , they sat on the title for FOUR months AND blamed it on the state.
For Sale: Dark Blue 8'Bed E.Cab 2000 Silverado
I'm ruined for work. Thinking of blue skies and dirt roads

Last edited by Tourmeister; 05-31-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling around filter
StromXTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #55
2N2OUT

Over 10 months in my case.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #56
brg
Forum Supporter

I had my fork recall done on Wednesday. Had a 1:30 appointment and they started promptly. Kevin (service manager) was super nice to deal with. Shane (salesman) offered me a Slingshot to go run some errands around town. I was having a beer at Hooters around the corner and Kevin called me at about 3:00 to let me know the bike was ready. Another great experience at their store.

BTW, the Slingshot was unimpressive to me. It felt like a cheap, plasticky go-kart. Kind of a novelty item. But to each his own.
brg is offline   Reply With Quote