TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Upcoming Ride/Trips

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 11-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #101
William Wolfen

Re: Black Friday Getaway Ride

I'd have objected if I had any idea he was going to put that on the social media. Especially with my name on it.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #102
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wolfen View Post
I'd have objected if I had any idea he was going to put that on the social media. Especially with my name on it.
You can probably ask them to pull it down.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #103
aspr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
You can probably ask them to pull it down.
You can require them to take it down!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
aspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #104
William Wolfen

Yeah, I've sent them an email. Very disturbing how they don't seem to have any respect for the privacy of their customers.

Edit: Looks like a combination of that and a phone call got it taken care of. What is wrong with people now that they think everyone wants the world to know their business?

Last edited by William Wolfen; 11-02-2018 at 02:14 PM.
William Wolfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #105
JMZ

Your just upset because you want to tell everybody. They stole your thunder. LMAO
93 CT70

Last edited by JMZ; 11-02-2018 at 02:54 PM.
JMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #106
William Wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMZ View Post
Your just upset because you want to tell everybody. They stole your thunder. LMAO
I've already told everyone I care to. I've also not told those I don't want to know. And I specifically hate modern social media and everyone's assumption that I want to be on it.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #107
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Lot of car and mc dealerships do this but most don't use any name and I've never seen last name shown.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
All for sale!
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #108
William Wolfen

Honestly it's the name that bothers me so much. The picture doesn't have legible license plates or anything else overtly identifying. It's pretty harmless.

In other news, I've ordered the parts I need to set up the new bike and have my shock sent off for servicing. I'll have a set up and ready to go bike by the end of the month assuming I can tolerate the labor to put it all together!
Old 11-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #109
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

How's the body healing?

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 11-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #110
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Good deal!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
All for sale!
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #111
William Wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
How's the body healing?
Doing pretty good. A little less than 2 weeks left in the sling. Foot is doing well and I'm walking normally. Mouth is healing up all right too. I expect I'll be fit for some relaxed street riding by December. Hopefully the arm and shoulder rehab well and I'll be up for some dual sporting while the weather is still nice. Fortunately I'm still young and heal quickly!
Old 11-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #112
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wolfen View Post
Fortunately I'm still young and heal quickly!
Enjoy it while you can

Quote: