TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #701
Devientartist
 
Devientartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cedar Hill, TX
Posts: 345
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

This sounds interesting. I live in Cedar Hill, would you be interested in meeting at the Love's in Midlothian Sunday morning and riding over together?

@macdaddy is this on your radar at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Just saw this on FB:

Just to let everyone know there is a free Adventure bike ride starting at Eurosport cycle Sunday morning the 3rd of June. Groups and individuals leave out at 9am and the ride ends at Hammons BBQ in Glenrose. This ride will have a little more pavement and all creek crossings have been carefully picked for the bigger bikes and riders new to the Dual Sport community. I will be there early to load the ride onto anyone's GPS if they want it.( BRING YOUR GPS CABLE ) All sizes of DS bikes welcome. There will be free coffee and donuts. If you have any questions give Eurosport a call or you can email me. Robert Lee
Eurosport cycle
3100 Airport Fwy,
Fort Worth, TX 76111
(817) 838-8135
__________________
Nate

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Honda XR650L
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1972 Yamaha R5 350cc Two-Stroke
Devientartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #702
Jarrett
 
Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Waxahachie
Posts: 273
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devientartist View Post
This sounds interesting. I live in Cedar Hill, would you be interested in meeting at the Love's in Midlothian Sunday morning and riding over together?

@macdaddy is this on your radar at all?
I am interested, but don't know if I can get away or not. I will figure it out and post back here ASAP.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #703
Devientartist
 
Devientartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cedar Hill, TX
Posts: 345
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

No worries at all, I'm in the same boat.
__________________
Nate

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Honda XR650L
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1972 Yamaha R5 350cc Two-Stroke
Devientartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #704
MacDaddy
 
MacDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Midlothian
Posts: 1,178
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devientartist View Post
@macdaddy is this on your radar at all?
I wish. I'm off every other weekend and this is my weekend off but I've been picking up some overtime/off duty lately on Sundays. Thanks for remembering me Nate and we do need to ride together sometime.
__________________
Steve - "I got a new helmet"

Gray 14 Tenere ES
White 12 Burgman Exec (You got a problem with that)
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #705
Jarrett
 
Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Waxahachie
Posts: 273
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devientartist View Post
No worries at all, I'm in the same boat.
I'm sorry, it just dawned on me I never responded.

I am planning on going to this thing. Let me know if you still want to me along the way.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:54 AM   #706
Devientartist
 
Devientartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cedar Hill, TX
Posts: 345
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
I'm sorry, it just dawned on me I never responded.

I am planning on going to this thing. Let me know if you still want to me along the way.
I completely forgot about this

Iím trying to install and AC unit in my garage this morning and my Dad is on his way over to help out. Iím going to have to pass this time, however we should definitely get together soon, it would be nice to know other adv riders close by.
__________________
Nate

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Honda XR650L
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1972 Yamaha R5 350cc Two-Stroke
Devientartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #707
Jarrett
 
Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Waxahachie
Posts: 273
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Just saw this on FB:

Just to let everyone know there is a free Adventure bike ride starting at Eurosport cycle Sunday morning the 3rd of June. Groups and individuals leave out at 9am and the ride ends at Hammons BBQ in Glenrose. This ride will have a little more pavement and all creek crossings have been carefully picked for the bigger bikes and riders new to the Dual Sport community. I will be there early to load the ride onto anyone's GPS if they want it.( BRING YOUR GPS CABLE ) All sizes of DS bikes welcome. There will be free coffee and donuts. If you have any questions give Eurosport a call or you can email me. Robert Lee
Eurosport cycle
3100 Airport Fwy,
Fort Worth, TX 76111
(817) 838-8135
Man, that was a blast. I ended up with 301 miles.

Thanks to Uncle Buck and other forums folks for letting me tag along today. Had a great time.

I threw together a quick video of some of the highlights and will post it here soon.

I accidentally left it on at Hammond's and it wrote over the best road with an hour of parking lot footage
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:41 AM   #708
notyou83
 
notyou83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 136
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Anyone got plans for this SAT? 6/16/18 I wouldn't mind riding about 30 minutes to meet somewhere and then go hit some easy dirt/gravel stuff. If no one has any plans, I'll probably aim for something near Hllsboro or Ennis or maybe even the Kaufman area.
notyou83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #709
Jarrett
 
Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Waxahachie
Posts: 273
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I would, but planning on going to play in the dirt in the Hill Country.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #710
A_perdue
 
A_perdue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 26
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou83 View Post
Anyone got plans for this SAT? 6/16/18 I wouldn't mind riding about 30 minutes to meet somewhere and then go hit some easy dirt/gravel stuff. If no one has any plans, I'll probably aim for something near Hllsboro or Ennis or maybe even the Kaufman area.
I would be interested in meeting up and riding a bit. Any idea on time and place to meet?
__________________
2017 Ducati DS - ( Judy)
2013 Kawi zx6r - (Olivia) -sold
2006 yami R6s - (Holli) -sold
A_perdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #711
pacman
Forum Supporter
 
pacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 6,110
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I'm thinking about doing a all-paved ride to The Smokestack in Thurber for breakfast Sunday morning. Forecast is calling for slightly lower temps that day (only 90!), with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Should good for a morning ride.
__________________

Pacman

Kawasaki C14
pacman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #712
pacman
Forum Supporter
 
pacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 6,110
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou83 View Post
Anyone got plans for this SAT? 6/16/18 I wouldn't mind riding about 30 minutes to meet somewhere and then go hit some easy dirt/gravel stuff. If no one has any plans, I'll probably aim for something near Hllsboro or Ennis or maybe even the Kaufman area.
Would love to ride with you, but Saturdays are tough for me with kiddos who are involved sports. Hope you have a great ride!
__________________

Pacman

Kawasaki C14
pacman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #713
mitchntx
Forum Supporter
 
mitchntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Granbury
Posts: 2,457
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I'm in for a Father's Day breakfast ride. Smokestack or New York Hill either one.

FYI ... 108 is closed about 5 miles south of I20 ... as of two weeks ago.
Working on a bridge. It makes the Morgan Mill 1188 route impassable ... well, the all paved version of it.
__________________
__________________
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
... and a some others
mitchntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #714
CleatusJ
 
CleatusJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: granbury,tx
Posts: 1,128
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

To stay paved, one could run 4 to Palo Pinto lake, then cut left and drop back down.
CleatusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #715
mitchntx
Forum Supporter
 
mitchntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Granbury
Posts: 2,457
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Or to Huckaby and then 16 ...

Lipan to Santo and north
West on 3137
South on 919
West on 193 to Mingus
South on 108 to Thurber

That's a nice ride.
__________________
__________________
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
... and a some others
mitchntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #716
pacman
Forum Supporter
 
pacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 6,110
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

OK the Smokestack Father's Day ride is on. My awesome lady is going to be busy running kiddos around to various activities, so we don't have any plans until later in the day.

Here's the route from Burleson as it stands so far.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/5FIkdK (let me know if this link doesn't work)

Always subject to change, of course.

I'll probably also post up a separate thread in the Upcoming section.

I'm thinking kickstands up at 7?
__________________

Pacman

Kawasaki C14
pacman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #717
mitchntx
Forum Supporter
 
mitchntx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Granbury
Posts: 2,457
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Thorp Springs about 0800?
__________________
__________________
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
... and a some others
mitchntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #718
pacman
Forum Supporter
 
pacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burleson
Posts: 6,110
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117639
__________________

Pacman

Kawasaki C14
pacman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 PM   #719
notyou83
 
notyou83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: DFW
Posts: 136
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_perdue View Post
I would be interested in meeting up and riding a bit. Any idea on time and place to meet?
Nothing really planned yet. If I'm alone, I will spend time on google searching for stuff to ride, then just go look for stuff. No real plan. If its just 2 of us, I can always meet at Whataburger on 35 and Ovilla. I have a GPS that I got from Downs, but I have yet to figure out how to create a route and load it so its all pen/paper and memory for me right now.
notyou83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #720
A_perdue
 
A_perdue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 26
Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou83 View Post
Nothing really planned yet. If I'm alone, I will spend time on google searching for stuff to ride, then just go look for stuff. No real plan. If its just 2 of us, I can always meet at Whataburger on 35 and Ovilla. I have a GPS that I got from Downs, but I have yet to figure out how to create a route and load it so its all pen/paper and memory for me right now.
Aight I'm down. What time you wanna meet up? Earlier the better in this heat. I'll look around and see what I can find too.
__________________
2017 Ducati DS - ( Judy)
2013 Kawi zx6r - (Olivia) -sold
2006 yami R6s - (Holli) -sold
A_perdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-12.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21180 seconds with 13 queries