Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions > Members Gallery

Notices

Closed Thread
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #81
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans

Wow... I hadn't thought about this in years! I've not even thought about what might exist now to do this. Might be interesting though because we do have members from all over the world now.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 04-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #82
kylerbry

so will you be updating the link so that those who are new to the forum can place their Geo local?
Old 04-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #83
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylerbry View Post
so will you be updating the link so that those who are new to the forum can place their Geo local?
There is no update. That site no longer exists. I'd have to find some other service that does something similar and I simply haven't done that. If you know of one, I would be happy to take a look at it.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 04-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #84
julimike54
Forum Supporter

Have you considered?
https://www.zeemaps.com/
Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #85
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by julimike54 View Post
Have you considered?
https://www.zeemaps.com/
I have not. Looks cool, but unless I pay a monthly fee, there is advertising and limited capability. I am not wild about monthly fees

Quote:

Old 04-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #86
SpiritAtBay
Forum Supporter

With less than 1% of members financially supporting, I can understand why you aren't wild about monthly fees. C'mon, people!

gina

'09 Suzi DL650 (Quite possibly the best bike for me)
'00 Yami TTR250m (Dirty Sally)
'12 KTM 690 Enduro (O Orange One/ "3 Oh")

"Due to circumstances beyond my control,
I am master of my fate and captain of my soul."

Hemingway's Invictus, with a modern twist

"There's lots of things along the road
I'd surely like to see
I'd like to lean into the wind
And tell myself I'm free"

Townes Van Zandt
Old 04-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #87
jdsmetx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritAtBay View Post
With less than 1% of members financially supporting, I can understand why you aren't wild about monthly fees. C'mon, people!
wish there was a like button!

Here's an idea, budget for 2 oil filters but buy only 1 and send the money for the second oil filter to the forum! easy peasy!

Good forums are hard to come by and this is a good one!

DR650 "Donkey"
DL1000 "Thunder"

Last edited by jdsmetx; 04-06-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #88
Liteitup
Forum Supporter

While I agree that everyone should contribute, a map of where members live(especially me) is not something I would participate in.

Time will take care of itself so just leave time alone
W. Nelson
Old 04-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #89
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteitup View Post
While I agree that everyone should contribute, a map of where members live(especially me) is not something I would participate in.
The latter part of your comment was a common sentiment when I first tried this. Some folks just put the town in for their location rather than their actual home.

Quote:

Old 04-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #90
kubotamiketx
Forum Supporter

Doesn't work for me, Windows 10, IE or Edge

It tells me the domain is for sale
2017 Yamaha XT250 (wife's bike)
1968 CT90
1979 Jeep CJ5 (it's her' but she lets me drive it sometimes)
2007 Kubota L3940, John Deer X300, Kubota Zero Turn, Polaris Crew, Kawasaki Mule Pro FX, 3 chain saws, 3 weed eaters, pole saw, Duramax truck, all need servicing of some sort all the time . . .
Old 04-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #91
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubotamiketx View Post
Doesn't work for me, Windows 10, IE or Edge

It tells me the domain is for sale
LOL! This is an OLD thread that recently got revived. That link has been dead for a long time.

Quote:

Old 04-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #92
SpiritAtBay
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
The latter part of your comment was a common sentiment when I first tried this. Some folks just put the town in for their location rather than their actual home.
For sure, I'd list the town only. (Like it already says in my avatar.)

gina

'09 Suzi DL650 (Quite possibly the best bike for me)
'00 Yami TTR250m (Dirty Sally)
'12 KTM 690 Enduro (O Orange One/ "3 Oh")

"Due to circumstances beyond my control,
I am master of my fate and captain of my soul."

Hemingway's Invictus, with a modern twist

"There's lots of things along the road
I'd surely like to see
I'd like to lean into the wind
And tell myself I'm free"

Townes Van Zandt
Old 04-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #93
Texas T

Re: Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans - NO LONGER ACTIVE

Will something like this work?

Two Wheeled Texans Community Map

When you click on the link it may default to my location so just scroll out to see the whole country and you should see my pin remain in Arizona. You should see my user name next to my pin, and if you click on my pin you'll see a photo.

It's unlocked so anyone can add their own location/user name/photo. The downside to this is that anyone can also go in and mess it all up, so be careful that you don't edit other user's info or delete info or change settings.

DIRECTIONS
You can now pinpoint locations manually by clicking the marker icon and placing it directly onto the map, or search for locations using the search box at the top of the screen.

If you're adding locations manually, you can name the location and save to add it to the map. If you're searching and adding specific locations, a green marker will appear on the map and you can click the 'Add to map' link.

When I created my location I just used my city in the search bar and after I added it I edited the box to show my user name instead of the city name.

Last edited by Texas T; 04-08-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #94
kylerbry

Talking Re: Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
LOL! This is an OLD thread that recently got revived. That link has been dead for a long time.
...MAYBE THIS IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING T-STER... ENCORE ! !
Old 04-17-2017, 01:54 PM   #95
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylerbry View Post
...MAYBE THIS IS TELLING YOU SOMETHING T-STER... ENCORE ! !
Looks like Texas T has taken care of it for me!

Quote:

Old 04-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #96
julimike54
Forum Supporter

Title change?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #97
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

At this point, it might be better to just start a new thread with the new link, make it a stick thread, and let this thread drop off the list (or be closed).

Quote:

Old 04-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #98
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Brian already did it. New thread here,

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113823

Quote:

Closed Thread