TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc. > Upcoming TARA Rides/Events

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #821
centextom
 
centextom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Round Rock
Posts: 632
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcomm View Post
I am looking to stay several days after the event as well and looking to do max Dirt as well

Shoot me a pm with your contact info.
Hey Mark, are you riding the Yamaha or Suzuki?
__________________
If its in stock, we got it!
2012 YZ450f Current
2007 KTM450x Current
2006 CRF450X Gone
2007 WR450R Sons gone
2000 ZRX 1100 Current
1970 Speedway shrike, dead
1972 Honda CT 70 gone
1975 Honda XR 75 gone
1977? Honda MR 175 gone
1982 Yamaha YZ 250J gone
1982 Suzuku GS 550 L
1983 Kaw KLR250 gone
1985 Kaw 1100 Voyager gone
1995 Honda Goldwing gone
2001 900 Triumph Trophy dead
2007 Yamaha 1200 Silverado gone
2005 Honda Goldwing gone
2006 Suzuki DR 650 gone
2008 Kaw Nomad 1200
centextom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #822
Axolotl
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 13
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Mextrek is out for me. My step-sister passed away today after a brave fight, and I'll be at her memorial service on the 28th.

I had my V-strom just about all set -- skidplate, barkbusters, and just got some K-60 Scouts -- and I have the 6-month TVIP in hand (after 3 ****in' trips to the consulate). So I'm going to hold on to the TVIP and if you are interested in a smaller group trip to the same area in February or March feel free to PM me. You could even NOT cancel your TVIP on the way out if you plan to go back within 6 months because it is awesome there .... (just sayin'). I ride a 650 and like class 2 dirt in the hill country, but I'm not a Gonzo off-roader.

Hope you all have an amazing trip.
Axolotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #823
Mzungu
 
Mzungu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Travis County
Posts: 81
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axolotl View Post
Mextrek is out for me. My step-sister passed away today after a brave fight, and I'll be at her memorial service on the 28th.

I had my V-strom just about all set -- skidplate, barkbusters, and just got some K-60 Scouts -- and I have the 6-month TVIP in hand (after 3 ****in' trips to the consulate). So I'm going to hold on to the TVIP and if you are interested in a smaller group trip to the same area in February or March feel free to PM me. You could even NOT cancel your TVIP on the way out if you plan to go back within 6 months because it is awesome there .... (just sayin'). I ride a 650 and like class 2 dirt in the hill country, but I'm not a Gonzo off-roader.

Hope you all have an amazing trip.
Oh, no. Iím soooo sorry. Blessings to you and your family. Please take care of yourself as you take care of others.

Will also miss you on this trip. After our successful battle in the sand (you were amazing!) I was really looking so forward to spending more time with you. And we will, soon I hope.

Be well and look forward to more rides.
Mzungu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #824
Axolotl
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 13
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Backatcha Mzungu. Have a blast on that KTM.
Axolotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #825
TxSignGuy
 
TxSignGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 6
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Axolotl, any final recommendations for a Consulate visit? My appt is Tuesday morning, so trying to insure my success. I have pre-auth, DL, Title, Registration and Passport with copies of them all. A friend from Mexico thought you had to have your bike with you, but if they do these on-line, I assume that is not the case? Sorry to hear about your step-sis.
__________________
2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days (plated)
TxSignGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #826
Axolotl
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 13
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

You do not have to have your bike with you. I did not have mine. If you have an appointment, you probably know that Bancercito closes at 1 pm, not at 5 with the rest of the consulate (learned that the hard way). If you have the pre-auth, along with the other documentation you listed, you will be good -- that's what I had. They were particularly interested in the registration. They did not ask for my insurance (Mexican or US) but I had it just in case. I would specify the border entrance because they put Nuevo Laredo on mine, although I'm not sure it matters now. They don't take discover. They do take Visa. Have a great trip!
Axolotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #827
TGTUMBLEWEED
 
TGTUMBLEWEED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: GEORGETOWN,TX
Posts: 249
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

5 of us in galeana today. The pemex in rayones is still closed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________
KEN
'12 drz400s(aka Lilly)
'17 africa twin( aka Rosie, my redhead)
TGTUMBLEWEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #828
Crew Chief
 
Crew Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rendon TX
Posts: 3,022
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTUMBLEWEED View Post
5 of us in galeana today. The pemex in rayones is still closed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Have a good time Ken.
__________________
Mike Brewster
'14 Super Tenere
'00 Suzuki DR-Z400 Yes, it has been to Mexico - Twice
'95 Kawasaki Concours
'01 Kawasaki KLR 650
'82 Yamaha XJ650R Seca
'74 Kawasaki H1 500


"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #829
Baja_Bound
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 13
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axolotl View Post
You do not have to have your bike with you. I did not have mine. If you have an appointment, you probably know that Bancercito closes at 1 pm, not at 5 with the rest of the consulate (learned that the hard way). If you have the pre-auth, along with the other documentation you listed, you will be good -- that's what I had. They were particularly interested in the registration. They did not ask for my insurance (Mexican or US) but I had it just in case. I would specify the border entrance because they put Nuevo Laredo on mine, although I'm not sure it matters now. They don't take discover. They do take Visa. Have a great trip!
I tried the Mexican consolute in San Antonio but no luck for border crossing logistics. I plan to be in Mission around noon on Wednesday and will try to do all paperwork then.

Some of the experienced people have said not to worry, you can get it all done there.

I hope so (or I will have a nice four day vacation in good ole South Texas)!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
__________________
- Garon

2009 Yamaha XT250 (me)
2004 Honda CRF250R (me)
2005 Honda CRF150 (wife)
2003 Honda XR80 (kids)

___ gone but not forgotten ___
2004 Honda CRF50
1999 Honda XR400
1995 Honda XR200
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Baja_Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:12 PM   #830
TGTUMBLEWEED
 
TGTUMBLEWEED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: GEORGETOWN,TX
Posts: 249
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Galeana

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________
KEN
'12 drz400s(aka Lilly)
'17 africa twin( aka Rosie, my redhead)
TGTUMBLEWEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:05 PM   #831
subcomm
 
subcomm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SMTX 78666
Posts: 371
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

What post number is the spread sheet for the hotel rooms and names for each room?
__________________
Regards,
Mark
--------------
Yamaha Super Tenere
Suzuki DR-650
Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4wd
subcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #832
EndoEd
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Houston
Posts: 9
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Not sure about a post, but saw an email on oct 10. You might look for that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
__________________
---------------------------
Brent
Houston
'17 WR250R
EndoEd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:00 AM   #833
JT
Forum Supporter
 
JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Elgin
Posts: 1,427
Re: 2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTUMBLEWEED View Post
Galeana

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Don't get too burnt out, I found a route south of of Santa Ines and need a crew to explore it with me. Might be some serious bushwhacking involved.
__________________
-------------
2006 DL1000
2001 XR650R tagged
2003 KLX400R tagged
2007 300XCW not tagged-yet
JT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc. > Upcoming TARA Rides/Events

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
61rover
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-12.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.14205 seconds with 12 queries