Notices

Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #41
Cagiva 549
Forum Supporter

Re: Where you gonna run now

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus frenzy View Post
if America is the land of the free, explain income tax to me??
Freedom ain't cheap just ask your grandad that served in WWII if he made it home .

I can see a good dirt bike as a very handy tool in urban settings , I ride my bikes into town occasionally and I have to fight the urge to jump curbs , cut thru parking lots and other hooligan behavior just simply because it's so easy to do . And shame on anything on the road when you get in some kick butt twistys with a dirt bike , it's almost a sin to have a motard wheel set when you do it . I know I've passed more than my share of cruisers with a ear to ear grin on a full blown dirt bike with tags on it .
05 ST3 Duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing the Geezer ride
Cagiva 549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #42
woodsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Time to move this thread to off topic if you wanna continue the police state comments. Big group there happy to start discussing that but please not here.

Thanks for the moto related post Rob. Nice bikes, nice story especially with the Bill Dragoo training.

_
Thanks Dave, wasn't trying to start a leo bashing thread. Just thought it was neat!
TORCS #70
2016 Corvette Stingray Z51
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2017 KTM 300 XCW
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #43
focus frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagiva 549 View Post
Freedom ain't cheap just ask your grandad that served in WWII if he made it home .

I can see a good dirt bike as a very handy tool in urban settings , I ride my bikes into town occasionally and I have to fight the urge to jump curbs , cut thru parking lots and other hooligan behavior just simply because it's so easy to do . And shame on anything on the road when you get in some kick butt twistys with a dirt bike , it's almost a sin to have a motard wheel set when you do it . I know I've passed more than my share of cruisers with a ear to ear grin on a full blown dirt bike with tags on it .
well he is dead so I cant ask him. he got T-boned by a speeding trash truck.
he also was in a war critical job working for the rail road that denied him from joining regular army so when he wasn't keeping trains running he was with state guard patrolling and guarding rail bridges.

my little crf250l is a laugh riot down town Fort Worth and I have jumped curbs and ripped down side walks on it.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #44
KenH

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wolfen View Post
Wow, enduros to chase down joggers and bicyclists? That's a rather sad state of affairs.
Probably not chasing down joggers and bicyclists. Our world is going down hill fast. As Ann Coulter wrote, ¡ADIOS, AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriden View Post
... I can't fault the Fort Worth police for having tools they need to catch people breaking the law.
Rather sad state of affairs that this is necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
I don't know about FW but it seems some large cities having been having problems with gangs on stolen dirt bikes and atv's. Maybe a reaction or preparation.
I doubt LEOs will risk racing squids--big liability issue on walk paths and such. However, these bikes will definitely aid in intercepting and trailing. SURPRISE!!!!! Can't outrun that radio, and between these bikes, helicopters, a few cruisers, and a horse trailer, the squids can be had. I've been told many squids are on stolen bikes, so maybe some folks will get their toys back and the squids will do so time for possession of stolen goods. There is significant potential for something good to come out of this, at least good body cam videos of some trail rides.