TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews of Bikes, Mods, Gear, etc,... > Gadgets and more...

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
tjrockit

Thumbs up Zefal Spy Bicycle Mirrors

I do a fair amount of dual sport riding that is mostly off road and closer to single track style riding. I was looking for an option to have an under the handlebar mount that was relatively protected and give me just enough visibility on the streets to see what was next to me and behind me before I did a head check.

At ~ $15.00 each, I decided to try the Zefal Spy Bicycle Mirrors since the were much cheaper than anything I could find and seemed to provide a number of mounting positions. The mounting is easy and with some fiddling on the road I actually got them in a very comfortable position. Because they are more oval shaped, the visibility was better than I expected. Hit the trails for about 4 hours and never had an issue with them falling off or getting out of whack. In fact, I didn't adjust them on the way home, they were still pointed where I wanted to see. Long term I would like to figure out a better method for mounting them to the handlebars. I foresee the rubber getting brittle over time and breaking.

Bang for buck, I think they are a nice option and wanted to pass along the info.

Dirt Roads within a 100 mile radius of Austin, TX
https://myspace.com/thedrybonesguys/music/songs

*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Meriden

Re: Zefal Spy Bicycle Mirrors

Did you try them standing up? I've been considering a below bar mirror that I can angle to use while standing. Thoughts?

m

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Avatar: Jawbone Canyon Store by Rman
Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
tjrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriden View Post
Did you try them standing up? I've been considering a below bar mirror that I can angle to use while standing. Thoughts?

m
Never tried it standing up. I'm guessing based on the angle of reflection, you would see the ground.

*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
Old 06-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
tjrockit

Last weekend as I was riding home from City Park I was thinking about how long I've had these mirrors on my bike. 4 years now and still working great. I think of all the times I've dropped the bike or fallen over and they have never broken. Just use my thumb to push them back into alignment again and go. Great bang for the buck.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
DancesWithCurves

I missed this the first time, so I appreciate the update.

Four years with the same straps? That is pretty good. Nice find!

The 400 club:
Present: 05 DRZ-SM
Past: 92 Bandit, 76 RD-C, 72 Newport Custom
(and flogging a Big Bandit for the daily grind since 2011)
DancesWithCurves is offline   Reply With Quote