TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #5281
euromedic
Forum Supporter

Re: Montgomery Bike Nights - Thursdays 7:00pm

I 3rd the vote for Pizza Shack. Are they at their new location yet?
Old 11-07-2017, 12:41 AM   #5282
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromedic View Post
I 3rd the vote for Pizza Shack. Are they at their new location yet?
I don't think so. There have been some delays in the construction because of contractor issues. I've not heard a grand opening date announced yet. I will check Wednesday evening. The guy that does our church's Wednesday evening meals, Matt, is a cook for the Pizza Shack in Montgomery.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #5283
euromedic
Forum Supporter

Detail day complete! See you soon at the Shack!
Old 11-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #5284
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

We’re heading down. Seven people.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 11-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #5285
masterblaster

good seeing you all again. perfect riding night
2018 KTM 500 EXC

Hoka Hey 108
masterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #5286
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I almost didn't recognize Peter!

Quote:

Old 11-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #5287
Abby

Great to see my TWT family. It's been way to long.

You can hate war, but love the American warrior.
Lt. General Hal Moore

2013 H-D Road Glide FLTRU
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #5288
Zencyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
We’re heading down. Seven people.
Does the Huntsville crew ride down together?
Zencyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #5289
Hemibee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencyl View Post
Not always but they do most of the time.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger - "Black Betty" - Gone
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC - Jessica

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." John Wayne
Hemibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #5290
euromedic
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
I almost didn't recognize Peter!

Its nice to let your hair down 🤣
Old 11-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #5291
euromedic
Forum Supporter

Montgomery Bike Nights - Thursdays 7:00pm

What a nice evening for a ride! It was good to be back at bike night and see a full house. Its been awhile. Thanks for joining us Rusty! Good to have you.

Last edited by euromedic; 11-10-2017 at 09:34 PM.
euromedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #5292
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencyl View Post
That implies a bit of organization...

I am usually scrambling to get home from work in time to go to bike night. If I have time, I'll usually ride. But we don't meet up anywhere for the ride down. It is usually just me, and occasionally Snoopster. She keeps her bike at our home so we just leave from here. We usually try to get away about 6:15pm at the latest if we are heading down there. Sometimes though, we just stay here in town if I can't get away from work. The problem is I never know if I am going to be getting off work until I actually get off work

Quote:

Old 11-11-2017, 02:05 AM   #5293
jfink
Forum Supporter

Peter, your beemer apparently knows where home is for all beemers.

Great seeing everyone there. Hopefully we will be in the new building next time AND we can get one full table.

'04 Goldwing (all states, except Hawaii, all provinces except Nunavut)
'08 KLR 650 (685 Kit)
'11 KTM 990 Dakar (all 23 countries in South, Central and North America)
'14 KTM 500 Exc
'14 BMW GTL Exclusive

Where I have ridden
jfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #5294
WoodButcher
Administrator

Sorry for the late comment, but had a good time. Met some new folks and got to see some that I hadn't seen in a while. As usual, Tony (hemibee) and I fail to cross paths. I've known him since my early days on this site when are kids were young and learning to ride in the dirt. Now I only run into him once a year or so.

When I walk along some railroad track and find
That you're movin' on the back roads
By the rivers of my memory
And for hours you're just gentle on my mind
"Gentle On My Mind" - Glen Campbell

2009 R1200GS Adventure - The Bug Killer
2013 K1600GT - Serenity
WoodButcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #5295
Texas T

Ok, put it on the calendar...

Texas T and the missus are planning on attending this gathering on Thursday, August 30th. I'll post up in advance if plans fall through but right now we're looking at La Vernia on the 29th, Montgomery County on the 30th, Harris County on the 31st, and then Austin and Florence on Saturday the 1st. We'll ride back to Arizona on Sunday.

The intent is to create another new IBA ride on the way there (can't reveal the details yet), and then possibly do a little Tour Of Honor site hunting along the way.

Beth, if we do make it, Brenda would love to see the kids, either at the dinner or prior to. It's been almost ten years since she's seen any of them.
Attached Thumbnails
6-29-06 at Phils.jpg  
Old 11-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #5296
jhansen
Forum Supporter

August? Just a bit HOT here and it won’t be a “dry” heat like PHX. Looking forward to the visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
AMA #289603 Life member
Patriot Guard Rider
Ride like your life depends on it...because it does
---------------------------------------------------
jhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #5297
Texas T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
August? Just a bit HOT here and it won’t be a “dry” heat like PHX. Looking forward to the visit.
It's a friend's 50th birthday. It's just one of those sacrifices we make for others.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #5298
Hemibee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
Sorry for the late comment, but had a good time. Met some new folks and got to see some that I hadn't seen in a while. As usual, Tony (hemibee) and I fail to cross paths. I've known him since my early days on this site when are kids were young and learning to ride in the dirt. Now I only run into him once a year or so.
In a couple more years if my plans stay together, I'll have more time for riding and socializing. It's been awhile since those old dirt bike days. Some of the kids have done gone and graduated college and one is a sophomore over at that big Austin school. One of these days when I head over to Austin and it's more than a quick trip I'll have to make it for the Austin coffee/lunch group.

2004 KTM 450 EXC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." John Wayne
Old 11-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #5299
Hemibee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Ok, put it on the calendar...

Texas T and the missus are planning on attending this gathering on Thursday, August 30th. I'll post up in advance if plans fall through but right now we're looking at La Vernia on the 29th, Montgomery County on the 30th, Harris County on the 31st, and then Austin and Florence on Saturday the 1st. We'll ride back to Arizona on Sunday.

The intent is to create another new IBA ride on the way there (can't reveal the details yet), and then possibly do a little Tour Of Honor site hunting along the way.

Beth, if we do make it, Brenda would love to see the kids, either at the dinner or prior to. It's been almost ten years since she's seen any of them.
August? Heck I don't even know what I'll be working in January.

2004 KTM 450 EXC

Old 11-15-2017, 06:25 PM   #5300
Texas T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemibee View Post
August? Heck I don't even know what I'll be working in January.
One of the reasons it's tentative is because I can't request the time off more than six months in advance, so that's on my calendar. And I'm not supposed to be in this job for more than two years, although I'm pushing to make it four, so I don't even know if I'll be employed at that point.