TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Specialty Topic Forums > Dealerships, Local Shop and Aftermarket Vendor Reviews

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #21
ghostrider1964

Re: BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsguy View Post
I agree, have to ad, as I stated bought 2 bikes but it's been a year since last one. I haven't even been to shop in 10 months so could be a new crew. But experience was good, my buddy has bought several bikes cash deals and no problems.

I just hate seeing one red flag without hearing other side. I say again there is no dealer out there someone didn't have a beef with. Internet makes it easy to rip someone.

Hopefully he gets it straighten out to his satisfaction.
Don't recall ever hearing of someone bashing Lone Star BMW but they sold to the corporate conglomerate so those days are gone...I never had any dealer treat me as well as Lone Star did

http://adventureridersoftexas.com
ROLL The Bones 8, October 213-15, 2017 http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #22
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
Perception and emotion ...

One person's rip is another's sharing.

I see the OPs comments as an emotional sharing.
we've all been there where a hassle like this is anxiety filled bag of hoops an owner has to jump through ... unnecessarily. Venting occurs.

I would prefer the raw data and then let me draw my own conclusions.

Would I steer clear from BMW of Woodlands altogether based upon this thread? Probably not. But if I found myself there looking at a potential purchase, I would certainly leverage this data to my benefit.

Just as the internet makes it easy to rip someone's experiences, it also makes it easy to rip someone posting their experiences.

Badgering a thread owner's raw emotions might prevent the next poster from sharing experiences while the data and emotion is high on the list.

Give me the data and let me decide.

Thanks for the info, 2N2OUT
Not trying to "bash" op, just my findings.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
woodsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #23
2N2OUT

And maybe that's my issue. My expectations are too high!

2016 Light White K1600 GT Premium "Fršulein"
2011 Alpine White R1200 GS (sold)
2N2OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #24
TheD-Man

2N2OUT - I very much appreciate the information you shared. And I agree that the issues you experienced are 100% unacceptable. I empathize with your frustration and time you had to spend to get what you needed. It reflects VERY poorly on the dealer in my mind.
Again thanks for sharing so that we can be aware.
TheD-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:29 AM   #25
Meriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Don't recall ever hearing of someone bashing Lone Star BMW but they sold to the corporate conglomerate so those days are gone...I never had any dealer treat me as well as Lone Star did
Robert and his team spoiled us. That's why we kept going back. I bought two bikes from him and no telling how much in accessories. How often can you make a $600 impulse purchase and not feel bad about it later? Lone Star could do that.

My wife's cousin didn't like Lone Star because they wouldn't change his oil immediately when he dropped by without an appointment one Saturday. The fault there wasn't with Lone Star.

That reminds me. I own Robert an email.

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Avatar: Jawbone Canyon Store by Rman
Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #26
EnduroRdr

BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheD-Man View Post
2N2OUT - I very much appreciate the information you shared. And I agree that the issues you experienced are 100% unacceptable. I empathize with your frustration and time you had to spend to get what you needed. It reflects VERY poorly on the dealer in my mind.
Again thanks for sharing so that we can be aware.

Agree with TheD-Man assessment!
Most here are jumping on 2N2OUT,
But honestly he is just venting his frustration. I can relate, Iíve been in same boat waiting 2 months for salesmen to get my second FOB that was written in sales contract when purchasing a $32k vehicle.
He just dropped the ball without following up. I called every 2 weeks to get status. He admitted to doing nothing for the first month then blamed parts guy for second month. Poor salesmanship. Lost my future business.

2N2OUT should not have to wait 8 weeks after payoff to get plates/title sorted out.
Knowing the state may share some of that delay I suspect the dealer didnít make this priority and sat on things for a while - yes unacceptable on their part. A good salesman would have processed the paperwork right away and follow up more often. Especially for a higher end brand dealer.
Fortunately it sounds like others have had better experiences.
The net result this time is they lost a customer and potential future sales to 2N2OUT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04 TTR125
84 XR350R (loaner)
82 CX500 - DualSport
2006 TW200 & couple ATVs (need bigger garage!)

Last edited by EnduroRdr; 01-18-2018 at 11:06 AM.
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #27
batsper

Just wanted to drop my experience on here. I found a bike online at screaming deal so went to check it out. My salesperson was very friendly and got me a fair price on my trade in but was able to even drop the price on the new even lower and got a really low interest rate. Fast forward a few months, I had a small issue with it and dropped it off on the day I was closing on a house. Was able to pick it back up after closing and was all good. Of the dealerships I have been to this was one of the easiest to work with. Sorry you had a bad experience.
batsper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #28
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

"Most here are jumping on 2N2OUT,"

Not jumping on his status, just sharing my experience. Tough when you can't hear both sides of an argument. I'm sure he is disappointed, who wouldn't be. I had a similar situation in McKinney, finally sent a letter to state, forget dept, less than a week dealer contacted me and said title was on the way, lol.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 01-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #29
aggie81

I think part of the problem is that motorcycle dealers just don't process the volume of vehicles that a car dealer does. Inexperience can cause problems. For example, I paid for my last motorcycle (ironically a K1600GT) with a personal check. The dealer reported me to the IRS for conducting a cash transaction over $10,000. Kind of depends on your definition of cash.

Want a pleasant and trouble-free transaction? Lexus and Honda have been pretty good. Motorcycles...not so much.
aggie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:50 AM   #30
EnduroRdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie81 View Post
The dealer reported me to the IRS for conducting a cash transaction over $10,000. Kind of depends on your definition of cash.

Just curious, did irs contact you?
Cash / Check, I guess it doesnít matter to them. Funny thing is they donít report it if you finance it!

Personally I think itís BS for them to do that. What if I wanted to barrow $10k from my credit union, or a home equity loan, or just pull it out of my safe to go make a better deal (you know bird in the hand - give me the Iím here now & money talks kind of price).
Now we gotta explain where we got it?
Another example of lost freedom.

That mentality is - Kinda like when Obama said $250k is plenty enough $ for income for the average joe.

Sorry for the rant, I had to sign one of those ďIím not a smuggler itís really my moneyď letters at dealer when I paid 12k cash for my daughters car also.
Kinda felt like invasion on me.

04 TTR125
84 XR350R (loaner)
82 CX500 - DualSport
Old 01-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #31
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Just curious, did irs contact you?
Cash / Check, I guess it doesnít matter to them. Funny thing is they donít report it if you finance it!

Personally I think itís BS for them to do that. What if I wanted to barrow $10k from my credit union, or a home equity loan, or just pull it out of my safe to go make a better deal (you know bird in the hand - give me the Iím here now & money talks kind of price).
Now we gotta explain where we got it?
Another example of lost freedom.

That mentality is - Kinda like when Obama said $250k is plenty enough $ for income for the average joe.

Sorry for the rant, I had to sign one of those ďIím not a smuggler itís really my moneyď letters at dealer when I paid 12k cash for my daughters car also.
Kinda felt like invasion on me.

That's crazy. Guess cash isn't king. lol
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 01-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #32
Meriden

The IRS doesn't consider a personal check as cash. The dealership just didn't know what they were doing. If you pay by cashier's check then the bank you purchased it from will report you. And they don't have to tell you they are doing it.

As for dealing in cash, I guess one's concerns depends on the news station they listen to. Our Precinct Security Officer (a 70 year old lady who has volunteered to send out emails warning people to lock their cars) would likely say that any one dealing in large sums of cash was either associated with MS13, a 1%er on meth or a somebody laundering money.

Personally I don't like to deal with cash and generally won't accept it in my business. Sure, a customer could force my hand, it is legal tender after all, but all of the companies I deal with see it as the hassle it is. The nice thing about checks is that everybody has a copy and if it gets lost or stolen it can be replaced. There is a paper trail that is a defense against both crime and audit. And Frankly I'd be just as concerned about the authenticity of $10k in cash from a stranger as I would be with a personal check. I guess I could get a counterfeit pen...

Just my $.02

Old 01-19-2018, 11:28 AM   #33
EnduroRdr

Good points, itís just a different world now than us old guys came from. 1984 was right -

04 TTR125
84 XR350R (loaner)
82 CX500 - DualSport
Old 01-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #34
Meriden

I'm with Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death (1985) on this one.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #35
aggie81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriden View Post
I'm with Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death (1985) on this one.
I think you are quite correct. And the smartphone has displaced television to a large degree. Witness how many people can't go for more than a few minutes without going into cellphone withdrawal. They repeatedly drag it out of a pocket in desperate hope that someone, anyone, has contacted them. Who needs Soma?
aggie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #36
EnduroRdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie81 View Post
I think you are quite correct. And the smartphone has displaced television to a large degree. Witness how many people can't go for more than a few minutes without going into cellphone withdrawal. They repeatedly drag it out of a pocket in desperate hope that someone, anyone, has contacted them. Who needs Soma?

Guilty! I got 4 or 5 MC forums (2 RV forums and a couple of hot rod feeds) all feeding my smartphone with updates - canít stay focused at work -
04 TTR125
84 XR350R (loaner)
82 CX500 - DualSport
Old 01-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #37
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Guilty! I got 4 or 5 MC forums (2 RV forums and a couple of hot rod feeds) all feeding my smartphone with updates - canít stay focused at work -
I'm guilty too. Get a lot of good info.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
Old 05-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #38
2N2OUT

So, to follow up on this mess.

Went to TXDOT, they never issued the title because the dealer failed to complete the paperwork properly. I called Montgomery County Tax office and spoke to the nice lady that had the paperwork. She said they failed to complete it properly, and had ignored multiple letters to the dealership telling them my title work was incomplete.

Called the dealership back, when confronted with the facts, they changed their tune. We'll send someone to complete the paperwork and get your title to you.

Well, now it's May 2018, 10 months after purchase and still no title. Ran the VIN and see that a title was finally issued but it shows a lien holder that no longer exists, so now I'll waste more of my time to get that sorted out.

Two words: Unmitigated Disaster...

2016 Light White K1600 GT Premium "Fršulein"
2011 Alpine White R1200 GS (sold)
2N2OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #39
mlinkibikr

Dang - they still haven't sorted it out? Do you have any lawyer buddies that could go with you to meet the GM and get some high level attention about this? They are in all sorts of breach of contract and if this doesn't get sorted yesterday you could be out everything if your bike was stolen - don't think insurance companies will work with you for a minute if your paperwork isn't 100% and ticked and tied.

This just gets worse and worse - they don't appear to be taking their mistakes seriously.

I wish you all the best in getting this settled soon.

Dave.
mlinkibikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #40
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2N2OUT View Post
So, to follow up on this mess.

Went to TXDOT, they never issued the title because the dealer failed to complete the paperwork properly. I called Montgomery County Tax office and spoke to the nice lady that had the paperwork. She said they failed to complete it properly, and had ignored multiple letters to the dealership telling them my title work was incomplete.

Called the dealership back, when confronted with the facts, they changed their tune. We'll send someone to complete the paperwork and get your title to you.

Well, now it's May 2018, 10 months after purchase and still no title. Ran the VIN and see that a title was finally issued but it shows a lien holder that no longer exists, so now I'll waste more of my time to get that sorted out.

Two words: Unmitigated Disaster...
Unreal it's not straight now.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS