TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Meet the TWT Sponsors! > Outdoors With Wheels

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
wildernessrider
TWT Site Sponsor

Chase The Bunny Easter Bash On The Ranch April 13 - 17

Where do all the “Big Kids” go for Easter?
To the Arkansas Ozarks for…

The First Annual
CHASE THE BUNNY EASTER BASH ON THE RANCH
April 13th to 17th, 2017

at The Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch and OHV Adventure Park

Come join us in the Ozark Mountains in beautiful Northwest Arkansas and celebrate the Easter weekend with your off road friends.

From the Houston area? A group of riders are planning to attend and may be able to help trailer or share rides. Check out their thread.

EVENT COSTS:
5 day event $95 rider and $30 each additional passenger
2 Day Weekend Rate $60 rider and $20 each additional passenger
Single Day Rate $30 rider and $10 each additional passenger
2 days or more includes complimentary camping

ON SITE ACCOMMODATIONS:
One of a kind primitive camping sites on premise including cliff side and waterfall locations.
Complimentary camping at the ranch with 2 or more days attendance.

NEARBY LODGING:
Bath House, Bunk House and Cabin Rentals Lost Valley
Private Lodging Upper Buffalo River Association
Elegant Hotel Option Crescent Hotel Eureka Springs
More Economical Hotel Option The Hub Marble Falls

More details and register today at www.WildernessRider.com.

EVENT LOCATION:
Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch and OHV Adventure Park
Newton County Rd 9
HC 65, Box 232
Kingston, Arkansas 72742
IN THE BEAUTIFUL OZARKS
CONTACT INFO:
530-377-6678

HOSTS:
Donny Stuart aka Wildernessrider
Lynn Beckwith aka Moto Gal

We are fellow avid outdoor and riding enthusiasts wanting to perpetuate great dirt riding, camping, off roading, hiking and climbing opportunities in the upper Buffalo River Headwaters Region of the Ozarks.

Download CHASE THE BUNNY Flier HERE

For more information call:

530-377-6678

Sponsorship Opportunities Available

2016 Africa Twin CRF-1000
2015 WR-450
2015 YZ-450
2011 Husky 449

Last edited by wildernessrider; 01-18-2017 at 03:23 PM.
wildernessrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
clutchless

Re: Chase The Bunny Easter Bash On The Ranch April 13 - 17

Heck yeah, Gonna tie my basket to front of my bike for this one!

[COLOR="rgb(221, 160, 221)"]2001 Tw 200
2007 250yz
[/color]
2012 Klx 250
2012 KTM 350 EXC
2013 husky 650
clutchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
subcomm

Looks awesome! I am going to plan on this.
Yamaha Super Tenere
Suzuki DR-650
Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 4wd
subcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #4
KamLeeR
Forum Supporter

On my radar!

2016 BMW 1200 GSA
2015 KTM 690 Enduro
2016 KTM 350 EXC-F
KamLeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #5
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I am curious what to expect.

With three ladies in the family, I can't very easily tell everyone they'll have to use the woods to go to the bathroom Will you have any kind of porta-johns or anything? Worst case, I could get a 5 gallon bucket, stick a trash bag in it, put a seat on it, and use kitty litter to cover stuff up. They can use it in our trailer for privacy.

Is there any kind of central area where folks might congregate, like a camp fire hang out? Or do you just expect that folks will scatter wherever? Beth and I will probably sleep in the 7 X 16 trailer we're bringing for hauling bikes. The kids will sleep in tents (or trailer if weather doesn't cooperate).

Do we need to bring fire wood? (assuming fires are permitted).

Is there any kind of general store where food can be purchased or maybe a cafe in Kingston for grabbing dinner? I don't really have enough ice chests for packing several days worth of food for five people. On that same note, is there drinkable water available?

I'm just trying to get an idea about what to bring with us.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For January: $539.51 - Previous Month: $933.06 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20119 Users (0.69%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
Cagiva 549
Forum Supporter

Pick up a small porta pot at academy for the back corner in your trailer , mine sets in a corner with a box over it till I need it . Small and very inconvient but better than a bush . Or in your trailer in the nose with a piece of cardboard for a door .
05 ST3 Duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing the Geezer ride
Cagiva 549 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
wildernessrider
TWT Site Sponsor

I am should have an outhouse on the place by then. My well driller tells me I am 2 weeks out from him making a start. Mind you that is 2 Ozarks weeks, but soon anyway. Yes there is a gas & cooking grill type conenience store in Kingston which is 9 miles from my driveway. They serve a pretty good breakfast, and a nice large cheeseburger with tots, fries, rings, mushrooms for lunch. Usually have a special of some sort also, but not a whole lot of variety for a dinner menu. Pretty much the same options you had for lunch for the most part. Huntsville is a bit over 20 miles, and has a nice new Walmart supercenter, with groceries for days, and a few more restaurant options. From Wed thru Saturday, Lowgap cafe is open. They have a 5 star chef/owner who grew up and trained out in CA, then fell in love with Newton County and decided to live there. He serves the best food in the county, nut expect to pay big city restaurant prices. Certainly not exorbadent, but not cheap either. I have some prime locations that would serve as a nice central gathering point. We can decide which and where we want to locate on the day once we see how many, how windy (my mountain top pastures can catch some serious wind!), how chilly, and how muddy or rainy it is. Plenty of options available so we should end up happy with what we choose.
2016 Africa Twin CRF-1000
2015 WR-450
2015 YZ-450
2011 Husky 449
wildernessrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagiva 549 View Post
Pick up a small porta pot at academy for the back corner in your trailer , mine sets in a corner with a box over it till I need it . Small and very inconvient but better than a bush . Or in your trailer in the nose with a piece of cardboard for a door .
That is the plan just for a backup Home depot five gallon bucket with seat/lid on it. Might even get one of those little shower/changing room tent things so we can use it outside since there might be a few of us in the trailer...

Thanks Donnie, that is all good news!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For January: $539.51 - Previous Month: $933.06 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20119 Users (0.69%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote