TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Vendor's Forum

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
Comoto ATX

Comoto ATX - DIY Motorcycle Garage

We have just launched a small Do It Yourself Garage in downtown Austin!

We have 4 work stations with lifts that you can reserve time through our website which have access to all the tools in the garage (except the tire changer which requires a safety class to operate.) We offer hourly rates, day passes and will be testing out a limited amount of monthly memberships for those with longer project needs.

Currently our in house parts department stocks an assortment of oils, filters, sparkplugs and tires. You can check out our inventory online through our website and if we don't have anything feel free to shoot us an email and we can get it ordered.

As we grow we want to offer maintenance classes, female only classes and also more advanced topics of working on your bike. So as time passes expect more services to be created as we get running smoothly.

You can learn more at our website www.comotoatx.com, FB https://www.facebook.com/ComotoATX/or better yet feel free to stop by the garage to take a tour and make sure we have what you need to finish that project during our open hours

300 Pressler St, Austin Tx 78703
Mon, Thurs, Fri 3pm-9pm
Sat, Sun Noon - 8pm

Thanks,
Carlos "Los" Marquez
https://www.instagram.com/comotoatx/
(512) 518-0908
Comoto ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: Comoto ATX - DIY Motorcycle Garage

This is a really cool idea. I hope it goes well!

Would people be able to have parts they order shipped directly to the garage or would they need to order everything through you?

A good lounge area with a big screen TV on which to watch racing would be cool.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
Comoto ATX

Good Questions Tourmeister and thanks for the kind words,

1) If you order anything through us it will be delivered to the garage and held for you, but if you have anything that you purchase exterior to us that will be your responsibility to bring it to the garage.

2) We do have a TV behind a bar area with a few stools. Currently we are looking into getting BEIN online or the actual MotoGP subscription.

Here is a shot of the interior for reference Garage Interior

Los
(512) 518-0908

Last edited by Comoto ATX; 02-07-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
Windmill
Forum Supporter

Carlos, great business I know this will go well. How did you come up with this vision? Would you have the tools for me to change front shocks (struts?) on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4WD? Spring compressor I guess. Do you have any access to shop manuals for someone that just wants the procedure to say do front brakes and bleed with new fluid on ABS? I hate to buy a Shop Manual just for a single project. Do you give instruction if questions arise during repair.
I'll check out your web site.
Flirting with Moses is cheating on Jesus Ex. 34:14

Last edited by Windmill; 02-07-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
Jeff S
Forum Supporter

very interesting idea indeed. I'll need to stop by...
Old 02-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #6
cdc
Forum Supporter

Welcome to the site and best wishes on your venture.

ⓒⓓⓒ
'13 BMW K1600GT (Apr 5/13)
'12 BMW K1600GT (Gone Nov. 16/12): http://goo.gl/7YMaHq
'06 Yamaha FJR 1300AE-Sold
'04 Suzuki SV650-Sold
'82 Suzuki 500GS-Sold
'78 Yamaha SR500-Sold
cdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #7
Comoto ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill View Post
Carlos, great business I know this will go well. How did you come up with this vision? Would you have the tools for me to change front shocks (struts?) on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4WD? Spring compressor I guess. Do you have any access to shop manuals for someone that just wants the procedure to say do front brakes and bleed with new fluid on ABS? I hate to buy a Shop Manual just for a single project. Do you give instruction if questions arise during repair.
I'll check out your web site.
Here's a quick answer to those questions.

1) Popped into my head while wrenching in a hot parking lot with a friend of mine and then did some general business research of similar concepts and planning over 2 years. I weighed the Pro's and Con's and figured it would be great to make a new maintenance experience for the local Moto scene.

2) We currently have a Motion Pro Spring Compressor, but I would advise stopping by and actually seeing if that fits the eyelets and the length of your shock. Def could not give you a for sure answer on fitment for a auto shock.

3) We have a small collection of general maintenance books on the topics of (Restoration, Repair, Suspension & Electrical Components) that you are free to read, but we don't have a library of Clymer manuals at the moment. We are usually finding Bike manuals over the internet, we have free wifi so you can look things up in the garage as well.

4)A brake bleed can be done in our garage, buuuuut at the moment we don't have a computer so depending on your bike model we would not be able to run a ABS test if that is a necessary part of your maintenance. It is a tool we are still researching before we pull the trigger as it would have to support a wide array of bikes.

5) As a rule of thumb we are a DIY garage so we are not there to do the work for you, but if you need a hand moving a engine or holding something steady we'll give some help. We are currently writing up our maintenance class procedures to start those in the next few weeks and we are looking into a on call/reservable mech but we will move into that as we progress as a business.

@Jeff S We can't wait to meet yah!

@CDC Thanks for the kind words!
(512) 518-0908
Old 02-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
Comoto ATX

We are having a Grand Opening Party this Saturday!

Feb 25th 5:00pm to 8:30pm - 300 Pressler St (Cross the Railroad, hook a right we are behind the taco trucks)

We will be slinging free Burgers, Dogs and Drinks so come on out to hang out and get to know us! We also will have a band playing around 7pm!

We look forward to meeting everyone!
(512) 518-0908
Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #9
cheez

Welcome Carlos! Good luck with the new venture and the grand opening. If you're looking for pointers, the Moto Guild folks are really cool people who are always helpful. Reach out to Wilder and Aleks and say hi- I'm sure, if nothing else, they'd love to hear about a new shop in ATX.
2003 Honda VTX1800R (Punkin II- riding the darkside)
2002 Honda VTX1800R (Poor Punkin got smashed by an inattentive kid)

IBA # 57764 || Patriot Guard Rider || Thursday Night Irregular
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
chaissos

Welcome! It's nice to have that sort of thing available.

I followed the link and "Like"'d your FB page. Not sure it'll help, but the more the merrier, I guess. I do get questions from a lot of folks who aren't on TWT. I tell them about TWT, tell them to join, and can point them in various directions. I'll keep this in mind.

Is the area cooled, and are there exhaust vacuums? In the middle of summer - and the little winter we deal with - that would be a really good reason to visit.

Dead or Gone: 2010 Honda ST1300, 1975 Yamaha XS500,1986 Honda VF500FII, 1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision, 1978 Honda CB250N,1974 Yamaha RD350, 1972 Yamaha DS7, More I can't even remember
chaissos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #11
Comoto ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaissos View Post
Welcome! It's nice to have that sort of thing available.

I followed the link and "Like"'d your FB page. Not sure it'll help, but the more the merrier, I guess. I do get questions from a lot of folks who aren't on TWT. I tell them about TWT, tell them to join, and can point them in various directions. I'll keep this in mind.

Is the area cooled, and are there exhaust vacuums? In the middle of summer - and the little winter we deal with - that would be a really good reason to visit.
Thanks for the like on FB and currently we have a few heaters when it gets chilly and a few fans and open doors for the hotter weather. It is nice getting the breeze from lady bird lake on nice days like today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez View Post
Welcome Carlos! Good luck with the new venture and the grand opening. If you're looking for pointers, the Moto Guild folks are really cool people who are always helpful. Reach out to Wilder and Aleks and say hi- I'm sure, if nothing else, they'd love to hear about a new shop in ATX.
I've talked to Brother Moto, Moto Guild, Ton Up Jax, Moto Chi Garage & another in Tennessee and got great info on different aspects of running one of these garages! Everyone has their own style and personalities but ended up trying the same thing.
(512) 518-0908
Old 03-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #12
Comoto ATX

We decided to pick up the online video pass for Motogp this year, so feel free to come on down to the garage to watch with us. We will be watching all three races not just the big bikes. If we get enough people I can probably break out the grill and cook some stuff and have a cooler of brews.

Upcoming races Qatar 26th o' March Moto 3 - 10am Moto 2 - 11:20am MotoGP - 1pm
Argentina 9th of April Moto 3 - 11am Moto 2 - 12:20am MotoGP - 2pm
and the rest of the races for a few months are on at like 4am so we can set a time to view the races at a more sane hour.

Our TV
(512) 518-0908
Old 03-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #13
j_blankenship

Sounds like a plan! I'm planning on Sunday at the garage?

Really loving the direction the bike scene is going in Austin area! Its always been a great place, and bikes have always been part of that, but man this is fun watching the culture come out and the talent reveal itself.

The handbuilt show, Revival, Voodoo Vintage, etc... now Comoto! Man this is getting cool!

I know I'm an old fart and not at the forefront, but I feel involved due to the great people in this area who don't have that Cali attitude.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
j_blankenship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #14
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoto ATX View Post
We decided to pick up the online video pass for Motogp this year, so feel free to come on down to the garage to watch with us. We will be watching all three races not just the big bikes. If we get enough people I can probably break out the grill and cook some stuff and have a cooler of brews.

Upcoming races Qatar 26th o' March Moto 3 - 10am Moto 2 - 11:20am MotoGP - 1pm
Argentina 9th of April Moto 3 - 11am Moto 2 - 12:20am MotoGP - 2pm
and the rest of the races for a few months are on at like 4am so we can set a time to view the races at a more sane hour.

Our TV
That's really cool!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #15
Jeff S
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
That's really cool!

I agree. I can imagine worse ways to spend a saturday or sunday than tinkering with a bike while watching MotoGP in the background...
Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #16
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

My problem is that all the cool stuff like this place are far from me... One of the downsides to living in a small town away from large population centers

Quote:

Old 04-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #17
Comoto ATX

We still have a few spots left for our upcoming classes in the garage! Our current class revolve around working on a 1980 GS850. We already had our fork class this past weekend Pictures

Brake Class $115 (April 15th @ Noon) 4hrs
- ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT!
- Each student will learn how to rebuild master cylinders, bleed & fill brake systems, install caliper pistons & o-rings.

Oil Change Class $45 (April 16th @ Noon) 3hrs (The GS850 is a shaft driven beast)
- 3 Spots left
- Each student will learn how to change Engine oil & Filter, Change Secondary Gear oil & Change Final Drive Oil

You can sign up here through our online portal > Reserve Here

Also be sure to contact us to set up a tire change session where you can learn how to use our machine and change your own tires!

We will also be planning another grill out during the Motogp weekend and a group ride to the race as well so details will come soon!
(512) 518-0908
Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #18
Jeff S
Forum Supporter

Hey - I LOVE the idea of classes like this. I want another 'FORK' class, then how 'bout an "not-total-beginners-guide-on-carburetors". Stuff like diagnosing lean/rich conditions, how to re-jet when you change pipes or air filters, fixing hard idle or hard start conditions, etc...

I don't know if classes like this belong on the calendar here or not.

Also, classes during the week might be interesting. My weekends are booked up until June - but I could dedicate a Tues / Thurs after work one week to a class...
Old 04-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
Comoto ATX

Same deal as before we will be offering the Brake Workshop and Oil Change workshop next weekend on the GS850 (May 6th & 7th) Sign up here > http://goo.gl/LEKCfc

Currently we are working on a Carb workshop as we have been getting some feedback from people (Jeff S & people who have stopped by the garage) that would like to go through a fueling workshop. (and if you have something in mind for a class feel free to let us know)

Also we are trying to get a schedule up for Women only Wrenching nights/days so if that interests you or someone you know of just let us know!

and last but not least there is a Free Introduction to the shop session (May 5th @7pm)
Get a guided tour of the shop and learn about what you can do under our roof, feel free to bring questions about projects you are working on or want to start!

-Los
(512) 518-0908
Old 06-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #20
Comoto ATX

Hey everyone we will be setting up a booth at the ESC this coming weekend so drop on by if you want to meet us or ask us any questions. We also added some free wrenching time for their raffle as well.
Event Link > https://www.facebook.com/events/234416423632703
Also we made a commercial as well if you wanted to watch that.
Video >
(512) 518-0908