TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
kRs86'ed

Talking Hay there, ladies n fellas!

HA! I finally joined after pestering the guys on advrider for so long.. Oldslowguy, referred me here saying I was more likely to find potential for some group rides at this forum considering my demographics and location.. I find myself not having enough time to ride all the way up to Waco/Houston/Dallas for a weekend ride. (With my newborn girl , I have to jam time in for riding when and if I get the chance ) I hope this forum does have some good riders I can hook-up with and ride some trails. I'm new to the area so I haven;t actually ventured out on my own and found decent trails to ride on...
I've been resorting to fresh construction on new neighborhoods.. tends to gets old. Especially all alone

Below is a pic of my hunny bun.
Attached Thumbnails
my bike.jpg  
kRs86'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
09GraySilverBusa

Re: Hay there, ladies n fellas!

Welcome and I'm sure you will have no problem finding others interested in riding.
Loring July 2012- 1 mile 205.48 MPH, 1.5 mile 212.27 MPH |Stock Motor

2012 ABS Gold Wing, Ultra Blue Metallic
09GraySilverBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Welcome to the site!

South Texas is a BIG place. Where exactly are you? That might help with hooking up with other riders. I hear you on the time factor with the kids. Mine are 7, 5, and 3. I love hanging out with them so it does take a toll on my riding time. Lucky for me, the two oldest have started riding a CRF50 I picked up a few months ago. They are having a blast with it. Hopefully, I will soon get to start them on some trail riding so we can ride together

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter

Welcome to the club, as mentioned where in south Texas are you.. It's still a long way from Seattle, but there are a lot of active riders in this club.. Hope you enjoy it here and get to make some new friends and have some great rides.

Gary (ex Austin!!).
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #5
bobbilly416
Forum Supporter

Welcome! I live over in southeast Texas and between twelve hour shift work and family time I understand how hard it is to get in some riding time. Of course after eight months of drought I finally buy a new bike and it hasn't stopped raining since, go figure.
bobbilly416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
kRs86'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09GraySilverBusa View Post
Welcome and I'm sure you will have no problem finding others interested in riding.
That's what I wanted to hear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Welcome to the site!

South Texas is a BIG place. Where exactly are you? That might help with hooking up with other riders. I hear you on the time factor with the kids. Mine are 7, 5, and 3. I love hanging out with them so it does take a toll on my riding time. Lucky for me, the two oldest have started riding a CRF50 I picked up a few months ago. They are having a blast with it. Hopefully, I will soon get to start them on some trail riding so we can ride together
I don't have any time to ride, but even when I do have time I feel bad leaving my wife alone with the baby... But hey, I HAVE to ride! One things for sure, when my baby girl becomes old enough to mount a rocking horse im getting her a little 50cc dirt bike. She's gonna be my little riding buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
Welcome to the club, as mentioned where in south Texas are you.. It's still a long way from Seattle, but there are a lot of active riders in this club.. Hope you enjoy it here and get to make some new friends and have some great rides.

Gary (ex Austin!!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbilly416 View Post
Welcome! I live over in southeast Texas and between twelve hour shift work and family time I understand how hard it is to get in some riding time. Of course after eight months of drought I finally buy a new bike and it hasn't stopped raining since, go figure.
I know!!! The long needed rain comes when I buy a bike.. But, I was so excited about my bike that I went riding in the rain and cold anyway... (then shortly after I learned about the dangers of hypothermia...) I need some winter gloves!

Anyway, I live in Laredo right now, but I have a house in San Antonio which I visit at least twice a month. (Wife's fam lives in San Antonio) So i'm pretty flexible on the road trip up to Bastrop... Its only about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs away.
kRs86'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kRs86'ed View Post
I don't have any time to ride, but even when I do have time I feel bad leaving my wife alone with the baby... But hey, I HAVE to ride! One things for sure, when my baby girl becomes old enough to mount a rocking horse im getting her a little 50cc dirt bike. She's gonna be my little riding buddy!
Don't worry. There will be times when you start getting stressed from a lack of riding and your wife will probably "suggest" that it might be a good idea for you to go for a ride. Mine does. It is her nice way of telling me I need to decompress

It will seem like forever while you wait for them to get old enough to ride a little 50, and then when they do it will seem like it was just a blink of an eye since they first arrived on the scene...

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66916

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kRs86'ed View Post
One things for sure, when my baby girl becomes old enough to mount a rocking horse im getting her a little 50cc dirt bike. She's gonna be my little riding buddy!
Don't wait too long, my girls started riding when they were 5 years old and quickly progressed from 50cc twist and goes to XR100's.. I love riding with them, even if it is a bit slow for me!! Enjoy it whilst you can, It wont be too long before they are complaining that they have to wait for Dad/granddad to catch up..

Gary
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
kRs86'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Don't worry. There will be times when you start getting stressed from a lack of riding and your wife will probably "suggest" that it might be a good idea for you to go for a ride. Mine does. It is her nice way of telling me I need to decompress

It will seem like forever while you wait for them to get old enough to ride a little 50, and then when they do it will seem like it was just a blink of an eye since they first arrived on the scene...

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
Don't wait too long, my girls started riding when they were 5 years old and quickly progressed from 50cc twist and goes to XR100's.. I love riding with them, even if it is a bit slow for me!! Enjoy it whilst you can, It wont be too long before they are complaining that they have to wait for Dad/granddad to catch up..

Gary
I'm taking them on trails like this... first day. JK!
On a serious note... Where can we find trails LIKE THIS ----^^^^