• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I had a bad day.

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Jennings
When I tell people that I'm a newspaper photographer the response usually is along the lines of saying that it's a cool job. My response usually is that it's the worst job you will ever love. At most papers the photog is kinda low man on the totem pole. The word people usually will look down on them and the editors crop your photos in bad ways because the don't understand anything about compostion.

Today was just one of those days. I had a bad day for various reasons at work. Usually my bad days are brought upon because I either make stupid mistakes and screw things up or oustide forces conspire to drag me down. today was the latter.

So what better way to clear your head and forget your woes than blasting down gravel/dirt roads and sliding sideways around corners? So I took off a little early and I went out and rode for a little while. I stuck to mostly familiar roads never far from home for about an hour and a half. The picture resolution is pretty low, all I took with me was my cell phone.

75563041-M.jpg

lots of hay baling going on around here. Glad I'm off the farm.

75563146-M.jpg

Always got to have the ever popular sunflower shot.

75563242-M.jpg

And for a little reflection. It's a wonder what a brightly colored weed will do for you, my mood started picking up about this time.

75563328-M.jpg

this is the spot, Old Preston road. Right after I got my KLR this road was where I crashed and broke a rib.

75563424-M.jpg

A nice little section of gravel twisties, gotta be careful kind of a high traffic area. Just after this spot ion the road it has been newly paved. Kinda sucks it was a good fast section with wide sweepers where you could get a good dfift going.

Well I'm home now, in a much better mood. My belly is full and tomorrow will be a better day.

Chris,

When are you going to be up for Red River on the dirt bike? Greengoose just got a KDX200 and I have my KLX300. We went to Clayton a few weeks back on those things and really wore ourselves out.

Ahhh, you went to Clayton with out me!! I hate you......well maybe not hate, but I'm a little upset and my feelings are hurt. ;-)

Were going to Broken Bow on the 23rd. Have you seen the thread?

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9784&highlight=arkansas

I'm up for riding just about anytime. I got some good routes in Fannin county whenever your ready.

you get a tag on that KDX yet?

Don't you still like the smell of cut hay :zen: Sunflowers have their own smell but it is not so sweet. I swear they are trying to pave all of Texas:thpt: which well require you to go further afield for :flip:

Broken Bow is not quite as friendly to us non-tagged bikes as Clayton is. I really like being able to ride straight out of the state park into the trails. We found some single track stuff off of K trail that was pretty tough last trip up there. I drank over 1.5 gallons of water in a short day of riding and pretty much left all of my electrolytes scattered in the dirt. Then I crashed the next day and knocked my self silly about half way to Indian Highway on the really rough part of K Trail.

bmw....

just wanted to say, "GREAT PICS"....im a bit of a hobbyist behind the lens and always appreciate looking at other people's perspectives....
especially like the mirror pic....

michael

bmw....

just wanted to say, "GREAT PICS"....im a bit of a hobbyist behind the lens and always appreciate looking at other people's perspectives....
especially like the mirror pic....

michael

Some days it's better to stay in bed!
I am glad that things worked out in the end.

My worst days are cured by my hr ride back to Whitewright and Anna to Westminster road.

My bike is one of the most relaxing things I own. It seem like all the worlds issues go away when you are riding!
:rider:
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day, but am glad the ride made it better!

Faylaricia said:
Those pictures were done with your cell phone? Wow. Great job!

Thanks, it's a Sanyo MM-7500. I don't really use it very much as a camera, but I am impressed wth it also.

Thanks for sharing

Mike Green

ps You need to straightened your friends out. Going to Clayton without us LOL

Nice pics. WOW, a cellphone camera that takes clear colorful shots like that! I need to see if SPRINT has that phone available, as I have a SANYO phone right now but it's a couple years old. Time to upgrade!

*EDIT added* SPRINT doesn't carry that model. Old BMW, what cellular provider are you using? Thx.

Followup regarding the MM7500. It's not on the SPRINT website, but the local Conroe SPRINT store did have one on display. I almost walked out with one. Maybe tomorrow. Chris, did you use software to enhance those photos above or are they raw images from the camera? Also are they the original size from the camera (not cropped or resized to fit the forum specs?)

I did enhance them just slightly with a little added contrast and saturation. I do that with almost every image I take. Most digital cameras have seetings to do this internally but I choose not to let teh camera think for me.

I did not crop or resize the photos however when I posted them from smugmug i think I used the medium size link. If your not familiar with smigmug they give you options on the size you wnt to link to, from thumbnail to Large.

The last time I looked at camera phones I think the highest resolution I could find was 1.3 mp. My image size straight out of the phoneis 966 X 1286 at 72 ppi. I had someting around somewhere that would tell me what MP that was but I don't know where it is.

I sent you an email that has the images in it exactly how they came out of the phone, it's coming as new picture mail from Sprint.

The Samsung A900 has a 1.3 megapixel camera.

MM-A800 by Samsung has a 2.0 megapixel camera.

I like mine because it has rubberized sides and appears to be a little more clumsy user friendly.

Thanks Chris. According to the info on the 'net, the MM7500 has a 1.3 MP CCD camera. The images look decent in raw form, but really look SHARP when they've been enhanced. Still, I'm due for a new phone so the 7500 looks like a good one for me!

Back