• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Leaner driver from Germany

Reaction score
Hi !

I found a Picture of my BMW K1600 GT Swing in this forum. Unbelievable ! :eek2:

My Name is Michael, also called Sir Arthur. I`m 52 years old and live in Nuremberg, Bavaria , Germany, Europe.

Since 2006 i drive a 3-Wheeler or leaner, called SWING. In the beginning with a BMW R1150R, since last year with a BMW K1600 GT Sport.

This combination (K1600 / Swing) was the first worldwide.

Another hobby of mine is recording my adventures with my GoPro 4 and i recently began to edit and upload them on Youtube.

If you like to procrastinate I`d recommend my channel on YouTube.

If you are interested in "Leaner" don't hesitate to ask questions !

I'll try to answer them and could also send some useful links to Videos / photos and so on.

Have a nice day

Michael

Welcome to the forum, sir! That's a mighty fine piece of kit you're on.

well, your just a young kid here !!

Welcome !! Welcome !! :clap:

Hi Michael, and welcome to TWT. As an Army vet and Army brat, I've lived in Bavaria, as well as other parts of Germany (Karlsruhe, Munich, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Pirmasens). I've been to Nuremburg - what a beautiful city center you have.

I lived in Germany from May 1971 to Jan 1974. In Stuttgart I lived on a hill called Bergholtz between Zuffenhausen and Unterterkheim. Between the Porsche and Mercedes factories. Was also in Zweibrucken and Worms.

Nice videos! Looks like you and your passenger need to be on good terms when taking sharp right turns! ;-) NO knee down for sure! :giveup:

Last edited:
Just noticed you are here....
I saw your posts on the K1600 and found you swing sidecar very interesting for the few side car riders on this forum.
Welcome to TWT

I must say Sir Arthur that looks like farfegnugen to the extreme. Enjoy.

Hi Lucifer,
You are absolutely right !
In the last year of 2018, however, I have unscrewed the sidecar more often. With the K16 alone you're just faster in Italy. When I'm traveling with my friends in the Dolomites, we often drive narrow streets. I can get through everywhere - but to overtake another vehicle is only possible at selected locations. That keeps the others and I have to pay for the first beer in the evening.

Well ****, I look up to see how old the OP is and what do is see? Nürnberg!!1!

Belated welcome from a Nürnberger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A small update: the K 1600 team was mainly intended for my daughter who is dependent on a wheelchair and therefore cannot ride as a pillion passenger. She has now moved out and lives with her boyfriend. But she has now switched to Mercedes and has been driving this "Spaceship Enterprise" for over 50,000 km without dents or accidents.
You can drive the K1600 without the sidecar - but that's not the point of the design. So last year I sold the GT and bought a 1250 RT. Many of my friends have also said goodbye to the K1600 and switched to the GS, GSA, RT or RS. So don't be surprised if mostly boxers will soon be driving through the picture.
Have a quiet winter and avoid Covid. The next season is definitely coming.

Back