• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Monday Fayetteville adventure bike ride 12/28

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gusman
Small group ride Monday from Katy to Fayetteville and back. Will be about 50% dirt roads, around 230 miles round trip with the possibility of mud and a creek crossing if the water is low enough. Anyone is welcome as long as you have knobbies and can keep up on the dirt roads.

Meet location and time:
Exxon
26150, Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77494
8am rolling out at 8:30am

4 riders down for now, 1 maybe

Updates will be posted on the motohouston thread

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328084

Which water crossings are you planning? Cummins Creek at Dungen's Mill and upstream at Klimer/Secates should be a lot of fun. I haven't crossed either one in a month, but the creeks are holding a lot of water right now. Plan on getting wet.

m

Which water crossings are you planning? Cummins Creek at Dungen's Mill and upstream at Klimer/Secates should be a lot of fun. I haven't crossed either one in a month, but the creeks are holding a lot of water right now. Plan on getting wet.

m

Plan was for Cummins Creek at Dungen's Mill, Hadn't found the other crossing. Will look into it to.

Edit, I had seen it but was unsure if it was actually something to be crossed. Looks like we will check it out.

Last edited:
Here's the Cummins Creek crossing at Secates during low water. Sorry this is the best photo I have. On the map it is just south of the railroad tracks. Some Garmin maps will not let you route through the creek.

DSCN1893s.jpg

Dungen's Mill

DSCN1720s.jpg

Have fun.

Last edited:
I posted this on MotoHouston, I was wondering if you could provide the .gpx or Garmin files for the ride? I probably won't be able to make the 28th but the ride looks very interesting.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I posted this on MotoHouston, I was wondering if you could provide the .gpx or Garmin files for the ride? I probably won't be able to make the 28th but the ride looks very interesting.

attachment.php

Yes I do. I will have to modify it as it starts from my house at the moment. I will upload it when I get a chance.

attachment.php

Joe, you got the tracks? Looks good but Monday is not good for me either(besides being a high of 47), maybe do later? Rob

Joe, you got the tracks? Looks good but Monday is not good for me either(besides being a high of 47), maybe do later? Rob

Rob, over on Motohouston, he said he would post it once he removes his home as the starting point. I guess he doesn't want us moto-trash parking our vehicles on his grass. I can understand that! Looks to me a better starting point may be Brookshire or even further west.

Here is the gpx file

Attachments

• Fayettville Dirt from Katy.gpx
    378.1 KB · Views: 257
Rob, over on Motohouston, he said he would post it once he removes his home as the starting point. I guess he doesn't want us moto-trash parking our vehicles on his grass. I can understand that! Looks to me a better starting point may be Brookshire or even further west.

If you want to try it and let me tag along, let me know. Got plans Tuesday but open after that(I think, havn't asked the BOSS) I'm open. Maybe grab Roger, we had a great ride yesterday.

Any of yall down to ride it today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

In exchange for his routes, I offer up the mighty "Cheeseburger Route". Probably 60-70 percent dirt. Some of it pretty fast dirt.

qR6XxUJ9mmYAElOeAfucnAQ7X9RBktNqcCJE-le7qna1him94rTiZdYS6-L_Qb4WCkzCwaKMMBckqg88S6h=w914-h631-no.jpg

Attachments

• Cheeseburger Loop Tracks as ridden 8_27_2014.gdb
    132.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Cheeseburger Loop Tracks as ridden 8_27_2014.gpx
    429.9 KB · Views: 195
Any of yall down to ride it today?

Well, we are hosting the Christmas eve neighborhood party today, so I should say "YES!" :-) I think my wife would be none to happy when I got back. :angryfire

If you want to try it and let me tag along, let me know. Got plans Tuesday but open after that(I think, havn't asked the BOSS) I'm open. Maybe grab Roger, we had a great ride yesterday.

Absolutely Rob, it will be after new years for me though. I am trying to finish tiling the back porch before the new year. WHAT???? You rode and didn't invite me? :eek2: Probably a good thing though, I have been humping on this home improvement thing. Picking Roger up along the way would be good!

Absolutely Rob, it will be after new years for me though. I am trying to finish tiling the back porch before the new year. WHAT???? You rode and didn't invite me? Probably a good thing though, I have been humping on this home improvement thing. Picking Roger up along the way would be good!
Not to hijack his thread any worse than I have, I get worried folks tire of me inviting them! I ride some almost every nice day. You're always welcomed, plus cegusman should come up this way and try our stuff!

Sounds good. Got a few more friends that would also be down.

Could not make it today. Anyone up for a ride tomorrow?
I ride 690R and prefer dirt, lots of it. Cheeseburger loop or this one sounds good too?

Could not make it today. Anyone up for a ride tomorrow?
I ride 690R and prefer dirt, lots of it. Cheeseburger loop or this one sounds good too?

Free later this week? I'm going to the Texas Bowl tomorrow, just not enough time for both.

Ok. Off all week. Woods and MX will probably be closed for another day or so, so DS or my bicycle will have to do. Wednesday?

Last edited:
I could probably do part of the cheeseburger loop or the run to Groveton on Wednesday. Both start and end in the SHNF area.

I'll be on my 350exc, got to do first service on my 690 and that won't be done by Wednesday.

Okay, what time and where do you want to meet? I'm up for anything you might know in the area? Say 8:30 at Chevron gas station at 1374 and 45?

We rode the Fayetteville loop today, good ride! Three of us started in Sealy at Tony's Family restaurant. Great ride. The only problem we had was near the end of the ride at Kulow Rd. We crossed what looked like private property but wasn't marked. We reached the other side and the rancher showed up and informed us we WERE crossing private property. He wasn't mean or ugly about it but was firm. I told him we weren't aware and he allowed us to go on a little further to get off his property. There probably needs to be a route around that little section.

Here's a picture for those verbally challenged, like me.

LACGb2VFnDnLzPNu8IwTIttSQcZTB787G-AI-eaoTo1V6OSwkuyccO1-Sw0q3xNUSXT2w1mGUi8BOMv5AoM=w565-h597-no.jpg

Thanks again for the route.

Last edited:
Back