• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crazy Bob Pie Run Campout for May

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
NOTE: This thread has been up (and ignored) for a while. But yes, there is an unorganized pie run camp[out for May.

But being that the pie run for May (May 28th) is also Memorial Day weekend and that the location (Medina) is a popular destination. - campsite reservations are going to be scarce.

Garner State Park is already full, but there were a few spots at the Kerrville-Schreiner Park just outside of Kerrville. But as of tofday (May 24), there are no more full hookup sites available but a few tent only sites remain. There is a tent section named "Fawn Hide-a-way" that has a few spots open and near us. We can figure out a common area to gather.

Because of the cancellinitiaon fees, etc. I am not organizing the campout in the traditional sense but will leave each to make there own reservations.

Soo, if you want to join us, I strongly suggest you make your reservations very soon.

One can make reservations online, but at this late date I would suggest calling because there may be sites available that do not show online.

Phone: (830) 257-7300

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BODY COUNT

Deerfield Loop - Site 118
..... The Beeemerless Trio in aluminum tent
..... Shovel & Clingon in tent trailer
Deerfield Loop - Site 116
..... KamLeeR - Tent
..... Zephyr & Zephyrette

Last edited:
As of today (5/9/16) there are no more RV sites available, but it does appear that some tent spaces are available in the fawn-hide-away section right next to our area. I have site 116 and KamLeeR has site 118 in the Deer Field loop section.

Sites are going to be scarce this weekend, so if you are interested, you need o make your reservations now.

hummm, should i tent it there or just drive a few miles home to my aluminum tent? humm..... problee will depend on the pooch. standing by...

I was fortunate and called the campground this morning right after someone had cancelled. I got site #122 for Friday and Saturday nights, very close to Bob's site 116, and Carolyn's 118 (close enough where I'm sure we'll be able to see her campfire). I'm not sure how may are allowed per site but so far it's just me, and tent campers are welcome to share. I'll cover the cost of the site and anyone sharing can pay any extra person fee.

Bob, do you know how many are allowed per site?

if my sis will puppysit, i'm interested in sharing a site with someone. tenting. one person. otherwise, no biggie; i'll 'camp' at home! ;-)

Sis picked up the pup tonight.
JT is in 'ol Mexico.
I could tent it or hang with yall in the park for a while before coming home and sleeping in my own bed... with the thunder and lightning going on now, i'm leaning toward my own bed!

Pie run campout and canoe fest!

if someone was to swing by for a visit how would they get past the gate?

Lots of really heavy rain for the past few hours. Intense lighting. I love camping in this weather. The negative ions from the thunderstoms really pump you up, but the rain puts you to sleep.

Lots of really heavy rain for the past few hours. Intense lighting. I love camping in this weather. The negative ions from the thunderstoms really pump you up, but the rain puts you to sleep.

1am and still awake with wind and rain . But I'm dry in my Redverz tent!
Who sleeps during these storms? Everyone but me I guess.

When the storm hits, we run for cover in our trailer. Be afraid, be very afraid.
fafe5f05da38297b84bf5e82662da7b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter looks unimpressed.

Back