• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 500 Track

Hail

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
This is broken up into 5 sections to keep the number of points down and compatible with more GPS devices. I did not create this track but I am happy to give whomever did credit if they post up here.

I have done only the first day and a half of this ride but it is beautiful.

ET500%20Map.jpg

Attachments

• et500 first post 9-9-2014.gpx
    464.2 KB · Views: 810
Made a solo ride of the East Texas 500 this weekend on my GS. Sand was packed offering great traction throughout. A few challenging spots, some work arounds due to closed roads and private property, throw in some mud holes to contend with and you end up with a great ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well now I know where it is, I am definitely up for riding it. Can't do it this weekend as I will be in Oregon, but if any of you plan an outing in the next few months, post it here and I would love to join!! If you accept my wife and daughter (both are quick riders) would love to join.

Gary

I did most of the route about 6 weeks ago. It crossed private property - hunting leases - in a couple of spots so rerouted were necessary there. One of the roads in the DCNF was closed so rerouted there, and theere was a locked fence on the road from just west of Corrigan going south to Livingston. I couldn't fine a rerouted for that one so I called it a day.

Can't make this one but will definitely take a rain check. Have fun and be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did most of the route about 6 weeks ago. It crossed private property - hunting leases - in a couple of spots so rerouted were necessary there. One of the roads in the DCNF was closed so rerouted there, and theere was a locked fence on the road from just west of Corrigan going south to Livingston. I couldn't fine a rerouted for that one so I called it a day.

You must have ridden a different route then.

We ran the entire route (file Hail attached above) this past weekend and it is still accurate, not a single re-route. There is one spot that the track is 100 yards across a grassy field (sandy trail with nice whoops) not a road. Also one NF road was temporarily closed but you can still get through on bikes.

_

Don't know if you made that ride, but the first scouting run that included Rman, ThrasherG, Austin Jake and myself among other got routed through a deer camp near Hamilton road. My last ride out there found us routed down a logging road in the Livingston/Moscow area. In both of those cases the specific Garmin map I was using had identified the route as open.

That logging road just outside of Livingston was a lot of fun with all those water bars to jump!

How aggressive/technical is it? I've got an almost completely stock DR650, and am looking for a good ride for myself when I have some free time

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if this version of the route is still valid? Public roads?

I plan to do the portion from 7 East of Crocket to Rusk after the Pie run this Saturday. My uncle has a ranch near Rusk so I am going to stop in for a visit.

Crocket to Rusk after the Pie run this Saturday.
I don't think the pie run is this Saturday.
Post #1 and #153 says Dec 18th

I don't think the pie run is this Saturday.
Post #1 and #153 says Dec 18th
Yes, yes. Next Saturday. ;)

Anyone know if this version of the route is still valid? Public roads?

I plan to do the portion from 7 East of Crocket to Rusk after the Pie run this Saturday. My uncle has a ranch near Rusk so I am going to stop in for a visit.
Should be. We ran the ones I did in '19 about a month ago, and it was the same. I don't think it's changed much over the past several years.

Jealous. I don't have a free day until after the holidays...

Back