• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY 7: GET LUCKY...October 28-30, 2016

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
perfect day, we rode the rally raid,

only 1 hickup with a flat

1064a164fea21ea0abd96e89c2db195e.jpg

great fire last night

fbcd03bed58b799278dfb33f1ea63d7d.jpg

The weather was great, I had a good time riding with the group and meeting everyone. Thanks Brian for letting the old man ride with your group. Hope the two guys that renamed the rally this year Broke The Bones were not hurt very bad.

If this is your and you want it back, let me know.

a8f8af785eab92dc776d28b7386fe4bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy day. Nothing to it.
3603ea923ba13d34763215f865208f3d.jpg

That's where I high centered the sidecar frame or one just like it. Was that CR1133?

When I pulled ort of Gus's last night my clutch cable broke, but I made it home without any problems. There was 5 stop signs and one red light that were ignored, but none complained.

Last edited:
You must have gotten there after me. There were no motorcycle tracks when I went through. I'm surprised you got a hack through there. I walked it and both tracks were knee deep with a very soft bottom within two steps of me going in. I couldn't make that jump up to the ledge, so I drug the bike up there. It looked like it would have been easier coming back this way.

There were people that ran the route the opposite way, but I'm pretty sure that is the direction the arrows were on the track. This obstacle would have been easier from the other direction. At least on a motorcycle, I don't know about with a hack. I would have paid to see CleatusJ go through it and/or get unstuck.

There were people that ran the route the opposite way, but I'm pretty sure that is the direction the arrows were on the track. This obstacle would have been easier from the other direction. At least on a motorcycle, I don't know about with a hack. I would have paid to see CleatusJ go through it and/or get unstuck.

Mike, did ya'll ride clockwise or counter clockwise. We rode it CC and don't remember seeing that view. We have been known to get off track though.

I rode it clockwise. here were two or three mud holes in that area, but that was the only significant one.

Here's Jose jumping his Sup Ten off the "pile o rocks" on the dirty raid. Man, can that guy ride. Trying catch him really brought my game up.

Attachments

• 20161029_135046(0).jpg
    20161029_135046(0).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 294
Well, I got to see 15 or 20 minutes of the ride and enjoy the hamburger supper on Friday night. That part was a blast! After about 9 AM on Saturday morning my weekend was over. One broken collarbone, six broken ribs , one broken pinky on my left hand later my day ended. [emoji15]

Super thankful for the three guys that stopped and helped get my bike back up and made sure I was OK. Not sure who they were but I really do appreciate it. I was pretty shook up. They even went ahead and stopped my buddy that I was riding with. My buddy helped me get back on the bike (thank goodness for Recluse clutch) and I rode back to camp. Loaded up my stuff then headed on to the hospital in Tyler.

Good times at the rally I guess![emoji12]

Looking forward to next year already!

I just looked at the route. It looks to be designed to ride CC.

I just looked at it in Basecamp and it does look like it was designed to be CC. I must have misinterpreted something on the Montana. Others apparently did too, 'cause I wasn't the only one that rode it that way.

That's actually kinda funny. The big rocky descent that I bypassed would have been an ascent that I probably would have ridden, and that mud hole would have been easier from the other direction.

Well, I got to see 15 or 20 minutes of the ride and enjoy the hamburger supper on Friday night. That part was a blast! After about 9 AM on Saturday morning my weekend was over. One broken collarbone, six broken ribs , one broken pinky on my left hand later my day ended. [emoji15]

Super thankful for the three guys that stopped and helped get my bike back up and made sure I was OK. Not sure who they were but I really do appreciate it. I was pretty shook up. They even went ahead and stopped my buddy that I was riding with. My buddy helped me get back on the bike (thank goodness for Recluse clutch) and I rode back to camp. Loaded up my stuff then headed on to the hospital in Tyler.

Yikes! I heard the story... Glad to hear your doing better!
Hoping for a speedy mend.

Thanks for posting up. Good to hear from you. JT and I passed you on your way back in to camp. Sorry the weekend ended so soon and painfully.

Heal quickly and well

I guess you do handle it LikeaBoss! Riding back to camp with 6 broken ribs is impressive. I hope that bike was trailered to Tyler. That's a long way to go like that even driving. I do hope you heal well and that it doesn't hurt to badly. Broken ribs aren't for sissy's.

Did you do this on the rocky climb by the lake?

Here's Jose jumping his Sup Ten off the "pile o rocks" on the dirty raid. Man, can that guy ride. Trying catch him really brought my game up.

And here I was all proud of myself for taking my TransAlp down that hill. :oops:

Finished RTB 1 with 5 broken ribs after this on BCR3137...
Photo308.jpg

A great big thank you to Dody and all the others for another great RTB.

Now on to the pics.

If you have an old Dodge Dakota I think you
can unload it on these folks, they have 4 now and
need another one.

DSC04925_zpsfge1t5jk.jpg

DSC04926_zpstib9yxh3.jpg

DSC04928_zpsruqeeycx.jpg

DSC04933_zpsbpa7cxs7.jpg

DSC04934_zpsmptawjsy.jpg

Friday ride with a lunch stop at the Horny Toad.
DSC04936_zpseskw8kwx.jpg

Back