• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sup-A-Ten Versys Strom-A-Thon 4/7-4/9 2017 April Foolishness

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Sup-A-Ten Versys Strom-A-Thon
(think Godzilla vs Mothra)

The rally for much maligned Adventure bikes
(the Strom is only meant for mild adv riding.NOT)
(the Tenere is much too heavy.NOT)
(the Versys is only a street bike.NOT)

Dates & location set
dang...that was quik
We have 4/6 thru 4/9 preferred by most replies.
I'll actually be riding down Thurs mornin from Waco if anyone wants ta join in

STAYIN
Kerrville KOA with low tent camping rates of $5 & two $25 cabins... $17.50 RV spots too
(THANX RICH!)
I have a room booked at Inn Of The Hills nearer the KOA than others
Lots of other motel options in Kerrville...Most on TX16 near I10
(unfortunately...Hunter House Motel in Ingram is booked solid by anuther bike group this weekend)

EATIN
Saturday nite supper at
Billy Genes on Hwy 27 jus down the road from the KOA

Sunday Meet n Greet at Brew Dawgs 11am ....in Kerrville
(separate thread ta sign up)

RIDIN
Thursday mornin ride down from Waco with me if ya want. You kno what kinda roads I like
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1495560

Come early Friday & get in on a Goatpath Deluxe Excursion with lunch at a great lil place I like up north.... or meet us for lunch & ride afterward
Tommys Wood Fired Pizza in Llano
Hwy16 near the river bridge
Its gooood

Saturday rides with several different groups..... your choice depending on type of roads..... gravel....pavement... or mixed
FMs & RRs..... County.... or both

Lets keep ride groups managable at no more than 7-8 bikes
Everyone will hav someone ta ride with if ya want

Ride groups will meet at the KOA each day round 8.... be fuelled up & ready ta leave by 8:30

THE BIG PICTURE
We'll all meet at the KOA for a big ol group picture of ALL THE BIKES...no matter the make
Time is Saturday eve 6PM
Folks havin ta leave early ... find a photographer to get a pic of you & your bike before ya leave. We'll edit ta include ya in the BIG PIC somehow.

TWT MEMBERS SWAP SHOP
In the rec room at the KOA
secure place to display your stuff for sale or donation
Im bringin some gloves n gear... assorted Strom stuff.. & whatnots
RichK has a jacket & several other goodies.....
WHATCHALL GOT??

LOOKY HERE
I'll order a fresh batch of Butler Hill Country maps for those interested
Lotsa xclnt roads highlighted

& HERE TOO
Speakin of maps.... the good folks at BUTLER MAPS have given me 2 extra maps to use as GIVAWAY PRIZES for the rally. I'll kick in 4 from my stock too. We'll have a drawing Saturday evening at supper to award the winners.
EVERYONE ATTENDING THE RALLY GETS THEIR NAME IN THE HAT...whether you hafta leave early or not. Be sure you let me kno youve arrived.

BONUS SWAG
RichK has a nice prize or 2 to givaway at Saturday's supper.... for supper attendees only at Billy Genes

ATTENDEES... where ya sleepin
@Mr2mch - Inn O the Hills
@MacDaddy - camper
@Liteitup - AirB&B
@Euromedic - camper
@maximus_flavius - cabin
@DFW Tom - camper
@kickstand~prophet - camper
@Ron Stromer - Super 8
@RichK - Local resident
Jeff S - Tenative...but on a Versys
Rick M - camper
@centextom - cabin
@Zephyr + 1 - campers
@ucwinters +1...mabe 2
@LYNYRD - cabin
hogmolly (ST forum)
@El_Chamiso (ST forum)
viffer07
@KamLeeR - camper
@bigdave-gs - KTM
@Mongo - KTM
retiredusaf
HS Driver - Tenative...but on a Strom
@Z00KA (ST forum) RV
Rockman Tex - camper
@Simmons1 - motel
@Bill
@MrgreenGenes - Inn O the Hills
snapp600 +1 - tenative... but on a DRZ
@rpcraft - ..tenatively speakin
@fly-by 75 - tenative...but on a ?
@Ouroboros
@FCBH - Wingin it
@misterk
@F-Ride - campin
@FJRTX
@JohnD
@RZ500rich
@Texasrider58

43 coming so far....
LOOK FOR THE @ BY YOUR NAME
THIS IS YOUR TICKET FOR THE DRAWINGS SAT EVENIN

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: S-A-T 3/31-4/2 2017 April Foolishness

Dang it, going to have to miss another good one!!! You know when you work every other weekend, they never seem to fall on your off weekend (3 day). :miffed::tears::suicide::nono::hack::pound::rant:

:sun:

Last edited:

As I mentioned.... tenative
I was jus puttn something out there for folks to work with

But Id like ta catch the Spring Hill Country color

Re: Sup-A-Ten Strom-A-Thon 2017 April Foolishness

First update made..... New date possibilities added

I need help scouting a new place to have the event

We're including several "HOST" bikes this year... but the rally is open to ++ANY BIKE++

Last edited:
Re: Sup-A-Ten Versys Strom-A-Thon 2017 April Foolishness

Rod
Hope to make this where ever it is. Glenrose with Oakdale park as HQ had occurred to me. Lots of good roads with several people who know them well enough to lead as well as good Q and pie! That said my presence may be doubtful as I may be in full time bovine midwife mode. I was enjoying near retirement when I went to a cattle sale with son #2 @ the R.A. Brown ranch sale as a consultant and came back with a hundred bred heifers:eek2: Already lost one to lightning so need to keep a sharp eye on em from mid March till mid May. Hopefully we will have a good weather Friday for a slacker ride soon. Debra wants to go to Del Norte Tacos in Godley as she joined the slacker ranks at the end of the school year.
We need to get the white SupTens together for a picture!

I'm voting for the 4/21 weekend; closer to what should be prime bluebonnet season. I'll go for any location, but the $5 camping at Llano sure is sweet.

Having missed last year due to health insurance problems and the year before because my mother had a stroke, I'm determined to make it this year.

Rod
Hope to make this where ever it is. Glenrose with Oakdale park as HQ had occurred to me. Lots of good roads with several people who know them well enough to lead as well as good Q and pie! That said my presence may be doubtful as I may be in full time bovine midwife mode. I was enjoying near retirement when I went to a cattle sale with son #2 @ the R.A. Brown ranch sale as a consultant and came back with a hundred bred heifers:eek2: Already lost one to lightning so need to keep a sharp eye on em from mid March till mid May. Hopefully we will have a good weather Friday for a slacker ride soon. Debra wants to go to Del Norte Tacos in Godley as she joined the slacker ranks at the end of the school year.
We need to get the white SupTens together for a picture!
Paul.... Its prob gonna stay down south cuz of the wealth of all kinds of roads & proximity to the Sisters.

I do love those Somervell & Hood County roads though....
Havnt been to Del Norte in quite a while..... need to..... but on a Thursday (my scheduled slacking day)

I'm voting for the 4/21 weekend; closer to what should be prime bluebonnet season. I'll go for any location, but the $5 camping at Llano sure is sweet.

Having missed last year due to health insurance problems and the year before because my mother had a stroke, I'm determined to make it this year.
Tim... last year on Apr 15th ...the bluebonnets had already been out for almost a month.... 2015 first of May.... they were almost gone.
I still say early to mid Apr is gonna be best.

....& wasnt the park camping $10 last year??? I dint camp so not sure

The KOA in Kerrville is run by a TWTer....or Schreiner Park is on the river. Several of us stayed in the Ranch House at Schreiner & it was ok. Lots of motels & eateries ta chooze from.

Llano lost some luster last year.....
The Badu House turned private....
The Days Inn was the pitts with NO PARKING!

But ...the wood fired pizza place is
!!!!!!

Hmm, did I get anything right? :doh: I'm accustomed to the north Texas schedule of wildflowers, so I'll defer to your more southerly observations. The price may have been up last year - I haven't been able to be there since Strom I. Still, $10 ain't bad, but I'm open to new pastures. Let's see what other folks have to say.

I was wanting to do the 1st of Apr.... but Id also like ta see folks who couldnt go previously.... be there.... hence the 8th or 22nd

Tim... last year on Apr 15th ...the bluebonnets had already been out for almost a month.... 2015 first of May.... they were almost gone.
I still say early to mid Apr is gonna be best.

....& wasnt the park camping $10 last year??? I dint camp so not sure

The KOA in Kerrville is run by a TWTer....or Schreiner Park is on the river. Several of us stayed in the Ranch House at Schreiner & it was ok. Lots of motels & eateries ta chooze from.

Llano lost some luster last year.....
The Badu House turned private....
The Days Inn was the pitts with NO PARKING!

But ...the wood fired pizza place is
!!!!!!

No parking fee for me last year. Was $5.00 I think to camp up from $2.00 before but still a great value.

While we're thinkin bout the date & location..... it would also be great for folks who can help to step up.......

T Shirt design & ordering
Ride organizers
Location scouting with camping details
Motel pricing & # of rooms
Saturday nite Restaurant or ??

I like early April as well. If I camp it's likely to be a little cooler then which would be nice. Kerrville would be my first choice for a base.

I'm fine with Kerrville, and there are a whole lot more hotels available for the non-camping crowd. But speaking of camping, does anybody have an idea for an inexpensive place to park our tents? State parks tend to run about $20 to $24 per night for a site that hopefully can be split between 3 tenters. Plus there's a daily entrance fee that's getting quite steep. We need to find either a city park along the lines of Llano's Robinson Park, or a Corps of Engineers campground (typically about $10-12 per night), or a private campground that will cut us a deal.

PS - Check the weekends and be sure we don't encroach on spring break. Camping during spring break is the ultimate nightmare.

While we're thinkin bout the date & location..... it would also be great for folks who can help to step up.......

T Shirt design & ordering
Ride organizers
Location scouting with camping details
Motel pricing & # of rooms
Saturday nite Restaurant or ??

Scouting now. Got the word out hope to hear something back soon.

:trust::eat:

So what's the date?
Today? .... Jan 3rd 2017

Ok ok ....yeah... I kno..... smart _$$

Too early jus yet.... waitin for more response before nailin it down

Folks are leanin towards the 8th tho I think....

Last edited:

I'll chime in some support. While Kerrville KOA a small facility, I can provide almost unlimited tent sites for $5 per person per night. I have 2 small cabins that sleep up to 4, and one deluxe cabin. Small cabins at $25 per night, the deluxe $75. We have a nice recreation room for gathering should the weather be bad.

Thanx Rich
Can you post a layout of the KOA so folks can see what it looks like..... grouping of cabins... tents.... etc

Back