• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Reports - XL class and Campout at Ghost Rancho November 17-19

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect weather

a79018b52fdd1852f0a74fc0af111a35.jpg

Re: IXL riding and class and Campout at Ghost Rancho November 17-19

Wow ... heckuva time.

379a8420159af65db016f652d02c02ac.jpg

IXL riding and class and Campout at Ghost Rancho November 17-19

I can’t recall the exact events that lead up to this photo, but apparently it was funny. Found this on my phone today. This was late Friday/early Saturday.

Dody, thanks for hosting this event and the amazing meals. Brad, thanks for teaching this class.

2591a1c1fa188a94294feff6cd90b6df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, I did it again. Over 1100 pictures to sort through. I'll probably get through the people stuff tonight or tomorrow night. The riding class will take a few more days.

Drone stuff soon.

Okay, the only people (and pets) pics I took were on Sunday morning. So if you weren't there, or weren't up before 10am (no names mentioned) then I didn't get pics of you. I'll lead with a couple of drone shots from sunset time Saturday, then Sunday pics.

i-tGBwXKC-L.jpg

i-Jq97hNF-L.jpg

i-PhNJrps-L.jpg

i-9sq2zkG-L.jpg

i-fNwm4R8-L.jpg

i-8Bcnkc5-L.jpg

i-9fbGP9x-L.jpg

i-Cnb99w3-L.jpg

i-dCVKQ7X-L.jpg

i-4MXRdTd-L.jpg

i-TjkRJbV-L.jpg

i-6B63MsP-L.jpg

i-tB6pJwN-L.jpg

i-TPnSDDm-L.jpg

i-KdmWxJX-L.jpg

I did not take one single picture of this great adventure (although I have a few off-kilter crooked courthouse shots from along the way). After drawing the short straw (inseam jokes abound), I got the Kaw That Wouldn't Moooooove.

Through the good grace of the Family Queen, I got to steal a motorcycle from a youngster and made him ride his grampaw's bike. "made" does not apply to Jake. He was on it like a rash! ;-)

I learned a lot, I didn't wreck Jake's bike, and I didn't even fall (unless you count the dog walk on my elbow). Thank you, Brad, for pointing me in the right direction, and being a moving target that I managed to miss every single time.

Props to Casey and Rusty and Justin for all the helpful hints, especially those involving figuring out my left from my right:doh: And deep bows to Dody, Brad, and coalmeisters Ross and Kevin for keeping food flowing at just the right moments.

Thanks to Gina for offering Sally. When I grow up, I might! Except Corey fell in love so I'm out of the picture ;-) JT, I hope all enduro descriptions have cleared up. We should all go anyway just to point and laugh at ... I don't know. Someone will probably appreciate that. And Carolyn Wheelie Whatawoman Carmex Miranda <3...

Love y'all like chicken!!!

Last edited:
me too, too busy having fun and falling down to take pix.

and yeah, Corey has a new love and Sally loves him right back.

we should do the enduro, yes, just to entertain others and ourselves.

Thanks, Brad for including me in the class and the pointers and good advice.

Thanks Dody, for everything, again.

great weekend!

oh, ok...from the MC Camping on the Cheap thread, where we've been discussing tents.... post # 1297

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88016&page=65

(if a 'friend' hands you a drink that she says she is calling "Impending Death"...wiser heads might politely decline... Ah, who am I kidding; I was already around the bend when the White Death appeared...)

Looking forward to a Freezeree?

Last edited:
Thanks to Gina for offering Sally. When I grow up, I might! Except Corey fell in love so I'm out of the picture ;-)

and yeah, Corey has a new love and Sally loves him right back.

Gina, thank you so much for letting Corey ride Sally (that doesn't quite sound kosher, does it... :brainsnap). That's all I have about heard since the class; "Dad, Gina's bike was so fun", and "we need to go bike shopping soon".

Brad, thanks for doing the class! Dody, as always, thank you for opening up Ghost Ranch for the "misfits" to have a play day! Looks like we missed out on a fun evening. Instead, we had an evening with inlaws. :thumbd:

On a side note, Corey was tellling me on the way back Saturday that he thinks the people in the "tribe" are really great folks. I can't agree more! Y'all ROCK!! :clap:

sigh..... i just wish i could have stayed another night. saturday's/nights are the 'best' part of these gatherings.

Makes me miss my Rally Rat days with the BMW groups about the country. Enjoy while you can roll the miles.

Gina, thank you so much for letting Corey ride Sally (that doesn't quite sound kosher, does it... :brainsnap). That's all I have about heard since the class; "Dad, Gina's bike was so fun", and "we need to go bike shopping soon".

Brad, thanks for doing the class! Dody, as always, thank you for opening up Ghost Ranch for the "misfits" to have a play day! Looks like we missed out on a fun evening. Instead, we had an evening with inlaws. :thumbd:

On a side note, Corey was tellling me on the way back Saturday that he thinks the people in the "tribe" are really great folks. I can't agree more! Y'all ROCK!! :clap:

Corey is welcome to Sally anytime.

(I think you might update your sig line- - Corey is not so "mini" anymore!)

What is that slacker photographer doing?
He's had the entire Thanksgiving weekend to sort, enhance and host the action shots.

Glamour shots ... meh ...

:-P
:duck:

Yeah, then I went out and shot the Austin Beer Mile and those guys want pictures too.

I'm planning on a marathon editing session tonight. Takes a while to go through a 1000 images with 5-10 shot bursts of each person...

A mile of beer?
Why didn't you say so. Completely understandable.

Just giving a ration ...

Okay, class images are uploading. I'm putting almost all of them up. Some are sequences and I thought there might be some of you that want to see what you are doing over the course of a few frames. You can download any of them if you want. There is a download button in the lower left. Also you can view at full size if you want.

https://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ghost-Ranch-11-2017

Actually, they are still uploading. So give it 30 minutes or so after this post.

Yeah, the images are still uploading. Might be another hour before all 1032 are in the gallery. You can go look now, but it is only the first part of the class so far.

Some are sequences and I thought there might be some of you that want to see what you are doing over the course of a few frames.

My sequence = :doh::rider::doh::rider::doh:

:rofl:

Rusty, thank you! That was a lot of work to shoot so many people so endlessly. Most appreciated! And kinda fun to mulligan it in my head. :-)

Last edited:
Hmmmm. My download buttons are lower right. :-)

VERY nice body of work, Rusty. :clap:

I was drinking homemade, aged, eggnog. Left is up to interpretation.

Upload just finished. Going to bed now.

Wow ... awesome work there big guy.
Thanks for the work and effort.

Back