• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

any FZ1 out there?

Great choice...i have an 09...best bike ive owned...good luck there out there at pretty reasonable prices...

Yeah I have seen some killer deals on them lately and that’s what makes me want to get back into one.

I converted my last one to the euro naked.

Attachments

• DDFD76A9-0DC4-452E-BAC0-04346127A2BD.jpg
    DDFD76A9-0DC4-452E-BAC0-04346127A2BD.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 127
Nice. The naked and the FZ were what made me recently pick up a left over GSX-S1000. Loved my old FZ, love this one more.

I've got an 06 I'm not overly attached to.

JMZ- My online experience has been that 1st gen owners are quite proud of their bikes and insist that the 2nd gen was an unnecessary change on a perfect original design. But I like mine. It's way nicer than my ninja 300 but I miss my SV1000S more.

How do the first and second gen fz1's compare
Sorry for the late reply.

We had both at the same time for a while.
011-1.jpg

IMG_9119_zpsf4b6ea61.jpg

To me they were completely different bikes. Both had ample power and were reasonably comfortable. With out getting the OP's thread way off track discussing the differences between them I will just generalize and say I found the GenI to be more comfortable for long rides and the GenII to have a slight edge performance wise being a sportier ride. Since then the GenII has moved on to a new owner and no more than my wife is riding now the GenI may end up leaving to.:argh:

First gen was best, because of the Bee.

IMG_4889-L.jpg

Man I loved that bike. I'm happy to know someone here is still enjoying it. :D

Back