• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

T'wasn't me in Montgomery

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Simpson
Dual-Sporting, but I crossed paths with a handful of TWT's (or very familiar looking bikes, at least) on Sunday afternoon, say 5:00 pmish at 149 and 1488.

I gave the "cool guy" wave, :wave:, add got the same in return.

I was 1/2 tempted to turn around and finish(?) the ride with you guys, but

1. I was just gettin started
2. I didn't know just how much "D" you had left your DS trip.

I made it to Carlos, and after fueling up, found no juice in the battery. Another good reason I didn't join the DS trip.... Quick push/bump start and made it home with no tach, speedo, odo, or fuel guage, but home all the same after a decent ride.

Good to see you guys out there, I really got a get a plate on the XR.

BTW - 4 DSers coming at you has a very intimidating "Mad Max" kinda feel to it.

Were you on the Sprint? Your gauge issue sounds reminescient of the VFR R/R issues!

Tourmeister said:
Were you on the Sprint? Your gauge issue sounds reminescient of the VFR R/R issues!

I was, and that was my first thought. When I got home I tried to start it, dead nuthin. Tried it again Monday morning, and had at least dash lights, so I'm inclined to believe its the battery - because I've had flashlights act like that and it's the cheapest fix.

And the first person to mention Lucas is off my christmas card list.

STrider said:
Dual-Sporting, but I crossed paths with a handful of TWT's (or very familiar looking bikes, at least) on Sunday afternoon, say 5:00 pmish at 149 and 1488.

I gave the "cool guy" wave, :wave:, add got the same in return.

I was 1/2 tempted to turn around and finish(?) the ride with you guys, but

1. I was just gettin started
2. I didn't know just how much "D" you had left your DS trip.

I made it to Carlos, and after fueling up, found no juice in the battery. Another good reason I didn't join the DS trip.... Quick push/bump start and made it home with no tach, speedo, odo, or fuel guage, but home all the same after a decent ride.

Good to see you guys out there, I really got a get a plate on the XR.

BTW - 4 DSers coming at you has a very intimidating "Mad Max" kinda feel to it.

Could have been me and my 3 companions, going south on 149? 2 KLRs 1 Honda XR450 and 1 white Yamaha 350?

I guess TWTers need to come up with our own "Special Wave". Maybe we could make the "T" sign, for Texas, kinda like the sign used for "Time Out". No . . . that might be a bit uncomfortable, and a bit dangerous, while navigating, since it takes two hands.

Well, I used up my idea, any others?

Here's budzrex
budzrex-avatar.jpg

No problem identifying one of us if this is "The Wave"

In sign language, "T" is a closed fist with your thumb sticking out between your pointer and middle finger:

t.jpg

Too hard to distinguish while in motion?

Next time I see you guys I'll do a pop a wheelie and throw my arms all akimbo like BudZRex. OK?

I think this will work well for the ofishul TWT wave!:lol2: :rider: :flip:

Squeaky said:
In sign language, "T" is a closed fist with your thumb sticking out between your pointer and middle finger:

t.jpg

Squeaky, in Honduras this sign means the same as the oft used middle digit extended with all others closed in the U.S.:eek2:

DANNYROTH said:
Squeaky said:

t.jpg

Squeaky, in Honduras this sign means the same as the oft used middle digit extended with all others closed in the U.S.:eek2:

Ahh... were not in Honduras..... are we ?

DANNYROTH said:

Same in Europe.

We just talked about hand signs last night at Bike Night. A sign for TWT would really be cool. Maybe we should start a thread/poll on it. :trust:

:rofl:

I think budzrex and Yeeha! have it. It's unmistakeable, it's a T....

It does kind of have that "YMCA"-dance look to it though....

How about a military-style 'salute'? It's unique, and easy to do real quick, and easy to recognize from a distance.
If I take both hands off the bars of my V65, it goes into a death-wobble quick! :lol2:

Two fingers up, like the old 'victory' sign Winston Churchill used to give, but with the left hand and palm toward the person giving the sign, not the palm out version of hippie 'peace, love, dove' lore. Easy to get your hand right back on the grip and not common these days. Extra points if you are smoking a stoogie at the same time.

Back